[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

I'm thinking about purchasing-
Voltaic Ape
Driger S (with Wide Defense)
Beyblade Metal Grip
Draciel V is used, while the others are new.
The total comes to 61.67 USD (unless there are discounts since I'm buying from the same person, at the same time.
Is this a good purchase?
Would buying a Driger S with a Wide Defense weight disk be a good starting bey? I keep on trying to decide if I should start and that seems like a good starting bey, but it seems like it would be good.
(May. 05, 2013  7:33 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Would buying a Driger S with a Wide Defense weight disk be a good starting bey? I keep on trying to decide if I should start and that seems like a good starting bey, but it seems like it would be good.

Those would be good starting buys. Also try to get either Wolborg 2 or Burning Kerberous if you can. Wolborg 4 would also be a good buy with Driger s/Wide Defense. You could make

AR: Cross Tiger
WD: Wide Defense
BB: Wolborg 4

Its great against left spin Zombies.
(May. 05, 2013  7:29 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: I'm thinking about purchasing-
Voltaic Ape
Beyblade Metal Grip
The total comes to 61.67 USD (unless there are discounts since I'm buying from the same person, at the same time.
Is this a good purchase?
Also, is a-79 an actual grip? Or just add on parts?
(May. 05, 2013  7:29 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: I'm thinking about purchasing-
Voltaic Ape
Beyblade Metal Grip
Is this a good purchase?

Voltaic Ape is only a good purchase if you have another beyblade such as Burning Kerberous, Driger V2 or Dragoon V2 to utilise it's Support Part which is the only really useful part. If you don't own those you shouldn't purchase it really unless you're buying one of the others at the same time. Driger S with Wide Defence is a good purchase. Buy that as soon as you can because someone with common sense and money might realise how good it is. Draciel V has no useful parts. Don't buy it if you're looking for beys with useful parts. The metal grip is an accessory for the grip. If you don't have grip don't buy it.
Then instead of the grip accessory should I get wolborg 1, burning keberous, or mdbs?
Get Burning Kerberous. Better than the other two.
Ok, thanks!
I'm perfectly happy to answer questions but can you look around please first. Granted there is no proper guide for what to buy in plastics (there's a thread but it's inaccurate and missing vital things) but if your do a detailed and comprehensive search you'll probably find out what you want to know. Compared to MFB I guess the plastics is daunting since competitive parts are spread out through the series rather than just the recent ones being useful. Anyone here's the thread I mentioned:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-What-to-...-Plastic-s

I'm going to start editing it to make sure it's correct soon so people have a proper resource to use.
How much should one expect to pay for a RB11 Voltaic Ape? New and used estimates please.
Ok, I have a draciel f, though it is in storage right now, and I've always wondered what the oil thing was for. I looked around and found something about there being a shaft in the BB or something? Could someone explain how it works?
I probably sound very stupid right now, hah.
(May. 10, 2013  4:27 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: How much should one expect to pay for a RB11 Voltaic Ape? New and used estimates please.

You actually found one or are just looking? Because I haven't seen one in several years. That's not just for sale or anything I mean I haven't seen it anyone's collection even.

(May. 10, 2013  4:39 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: Ok, I have a draciel f, though it is in storage right now, and I've always wondered what the oil thing was for. I looked around and found something about there being a shaft in the BB or something? Could someone explain how it works?
I probably sound very stupid right now, hah.

It's to keep the ball bearing that the beyblade uses as a tip oiled so that it will move. I think we have an article draft around somewhere which could probably explain it better than I can so search for that.
No, I just want one. I thought I'd try to collect every Ver. of Voltaic Ape since its my favorite bey and there aren't a million of them, but I guess that probably isn't happening now.
I recently bought one on eBay for about $25.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?...5845991371
Edit: misread your post.

Also, what WD allows draciel f to hold the extra set of metal balls? I looked on the article and I don't think it said.
We're talking about the Shadow Black Ver. of it from Random Booster 11, not the original.
I know, I misread your post.
I found a Random Booster 11 for $45 and a Random Booster 12 for $50. Are either good deals? The bey isn't confirmed.
It's hard to say. NIB random boosters really don't come up often enough to make a certain price for them. I'd say most likely for the RB12 although you could get a full blue Draciel V like I and one other have gotten. RB11 is a lot more questionable. Yes it does have black Voltaic Ape parts and there is a minor chance you could get the dark blue Orthrous but generally the parts from there that you're likely to get suck so make you own judgement on that I guess.
What would a normal NIP 1999 Ultimate Dragoon cost today?
By NIP do you mean New in Packaging or New in Plastic (mint in other words)? The takara one is quite rare but so is the hasbro. However neither would be worth more than $20 - $30.
Ok, thanks!
I have some questions first I have spare Penta Wing and Corona Saber attack rings around I wanted to Know if these attack rings are very good or have been tested yet? And second I noticed a Gaia Dragoon V blue recolor from Japan Air System on Ebay and I would like to know if there was more info on this limited recolor.
Does anybody know anywhere in perth who sells the original plastics or anyone who sells them online?
If you have paypal you can try ebay Australia. Otherwise not sure.

@ Kenshin:

Unlikely. While they probably haven't been tested here they will have been tested by others in past websites on beyblade so if it was I think we would probably know. Also just looking at shape doesn't really give off any good ideas. Penta Wing might be alright but I think it's likely to be similar in performance to Dragoon G's AR and either a bit better or worse but there are better options.
I was reading some old threads and I read that PF Draciel S base is a gram heavier than normal. Is this true?