[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

@[Bey Brad]

Same thing with my Metal Dranzer.

EDIT: Giant image.
Wtf?! No, actually this can't be normal. Mine is fully made of metal. Should be magnetic, after all.
It is magnetic. Both of them were Takara.

Also my Voltaic Ape takara cane with a chipped magne weight disk.
This is completely normal, all of my cores are like this. Even the NIB ones.
my Metal Dranzer Magnacore from hasbro didn't show any sign like this.
Crazy! Thanks for the pics. I had no idea it was just a rock covered in foil lol
(Jan. 16, 2016  12:15 AM)loyd87 Wrote: my Metal Dranzer Magnacore from hasbro didn't show any sign like this.

Mine were Takara. Hasbro tended to make things higher quality in Plastics Gen.

If u wanna go deeper you can try to peel it and compare to Takara. See how deep the rabbit hole goes...
(Jan. 16, 2016  2:08 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2016  12:15 AM)loyd87 Wrote: my Metal Dranzer Magnacore from hasbro didn't show any sign like this.

Mine were Takara. Hasbro tended to make things higher quality in Plastics Gen.

Got any real proof for that blanket statement? Cause I don't think that's particularly true. The hasbro magnecore's could be exactly the same as the Takara (i'd say that's likely btw...)
Reinforcements, fixing breakage issues, etc=things.

I didn't say they changed Magnecores, Isaid they tended to make things better than TT might've overlooked. Reread my post pls Tongue_out
Well considering they were releasing the beys a year later usually they would do wouldn't they. Also i'd say higher quality and improvements are two completely different things... And you say overlooked but when things are being designed you're not gonna know whether there will be issues. And changing them afterwards would cost a lot so it makes it unfeasible.
I have a Hasbro core. Same thing.
I own two Hasbro version, and they are not like that at all.
not all of them are broken yet lol
(Jan. 16, 2016  2:47 AM)Ultra Wrote: Well considering they were releasing the beys a year later usually they would do wouldn't they. Also i'd say higher quality and improvements are two completely different things... And you say overlooked but when things are being designed you're not gonna know whether there will be issues. And changing them afterwards would cost a lot so it makes it unfeasible.

So why are you saying its not proven? Theres proof of reinforcments and bug fixes. When you've studied modeling entensively, you notice certain faults. Of course you would overlook minor faults when designing a toy, I never blamed them though? I simply commemded Hasbro.

You know what I meant about the quality statement I am sure.

Also guys, try to feel the magnecores metal layer. Feels like foil, no?
I looked at my Takara beys and it seems that only the magnecore ones have this. The Metal Weight Cores seem to be a solid chunk of metal.
O Hey ! Like few guys mentioned, they wear down over the years.
Most of mine are the same
Interesting gonna take a look!
... Have none of you ever broken or seen the inside of a neodymium magnet before? They're in lots of computer parts.

[Image: s15s.JPG]

"Neodymium magnets are very brittle and are therefore often plated with nickel."

The more you know: http://theodoregray.com/periodictable/El...x.s12.html
(Jan. 16, 2016  5:52 PM)Angry Face Wrote: ... Have none of you ever broken or seen the inside of a neodymium magnet before? They're in lots of computer parts.

[Image: s15s.JPG]

"Neodymium magnets are very brittle and are therefore often plated with nickel."

The more you know: http://theodoregray.com/periodictable/El...x.s12.html
themoreunom8

I was under the assumption that everyone knew the nickel peeled off.
Even on the DGV and DGV2 tips.
Thank you Angry Smile
Will this be considered legal for WBO play ?
The power custom shooter has those upper parts broken, but everything else is fine. My guess is no, but still wanted to confirm

Here
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Whine-ab...pid1300100
The damage is purely aesthetic, so it should still be legal for tournament use. Wink
would an mfb beylauncher with the handle broke work? it preforms just the same.

(sorry for wrong thread, but the subject was already brought up here.)
MFB Beylaunchers with broken handles are legal as long as they've not been modified beyond their original design. You could use a Beylauncher with a broken handle or no handle at all, but a replacement handle is only legal if it's the same model handle, meaning you can't use Beylauncher L/R and Beylauncher L handles to replace regular Beylaunchers' handles and vice-versa.

Same case with Burst BeyLaunchers so far.
Wide Defense is in the Wide weight disks category, correct?

How is Guardian Driger's SAR different from War Bear?