Physics

Poll: 42?

Yes
82.76%
No
17.24%
Total: 100% 87 vote(s)
(Oct. 14, 2008  7:58 AM)Raikun Wrote: "I didn't misinterpret anything at all, until you called me a complete moron. THAT's when I started to think you were convinced that you're smarter than all of us."

Right, and where did I do that?

I give up with you.

I think he was referring to this:

(Oct. 13, 2008  7:24 AM)Raikun Wrote: What i'm saying is going completely over your head.

And we understand exactly what you were trying to point out, Raikun. You're just acting like a supercilious carp about it. It's as though saying that you "commend Nic's efforts" merits you the right to be a total dickhead. Learn some social skills, or gtfo.
Yay, we can continue and thank you anchored cross Grin
(Oct. 14, 2008  9:11 PM)B Wrote: Yay, we can continue and thank you anchored cross Grin

B)
I do not know if Nic planned on continuing and finishing this, or even getting more active ... However, I might like to continue it.

While the way he started is absolutely correct and essential for understanding, it is admittedly long and I think even bladers who are really interested in this might not take the time to read it all. Therefore, perhaps we could do something more similar to a FAQ, with questions such as one I saw one day, I believe : "Why are some of the good defense beyblades light instead of heavy ?"

What is your opinion on this method ? If you agree, could you give me some questions that are 'frequently' asked ?
I agree that that sounds good. There might be questions like:

Why are stamina types better the taller they are?
Why do flat bottoms move around a lot but round ones don't even though they both have high surface area?
i agree to, maybe one like why does hole flat work more effectively seeing as theres less of a surface area and possibly less friction maybe.
Do I only focus on Metal Fight Beyblade then ? Understandably a few concepts have been reused from past series anyway, however you seem to be using terminology that is exclusive to Metal Fight Beyblade in your questions, and it could indeed be a good idea to do so since that series will get more popular soon and that we might get new members who never had the previous generations.
Physics plays a prominent role in previous generations also, so I'd like to see explanations for that also.

However, MFB should be a priority, understandably.
Nic has done a great job and I was hoping the explanations about the physics behind Beyblades would be continued. It's a shame they have not been but it's good somebody is offering to do something similar. I agree with Heart - both MFBs and the previous generation (plastics and HMS) should be covered.
I wouldn't bother with previous generations. It is only going to appeal to a handful of nostalgic readers.
How is this first 'article' ?

Quote:THE EVERLASTING TOWER
Or why stamina type Beyblades are better when they are tall.
As a matter of fact, we want those Beyblades to spin the longest. What can cause a spinning top to spin less is, amongst other phenomena, friction between the tip of the Beyblade and the surface below it, and another top coming into contact with it with enough force. Both create a certain loss of balance because the Beyblade can start wobbling as a consequence of those actions. If we consider both of those as one sole cause for loss of balance for experimental purposes, then the play on the blade’s height takes all its importance : was a lower Track (i.e. 105) used on a Beyblade meant to be a stamina type, therefore having all the other parts prone to representing that type well, when the Beyblade would start losing balance and wobbling, as that latter phenomenon increases, the Wheel will come into contact quickly with the stadium floor. On the contrary, was a high Track like 145 selected for this combination, it would have had a considerably higher amount of time to wobble (also scientifically called precession).
In other words, while the centre of gravity of a Beyblade is higher in a 145 Track than with 100, which could make it lose balance more easily since the weight is placed far from the tip, at least the family of 145 Tracks allows the Beyblade to have a longer precession which consequently makes it spin longer. Therefore, matched with a good Bottom that is smoothly spun on without losing too much velocity, high Tracks are quite effective.

asafarakaratara and I are working on this together.

Concerning the title, I thought it would be boring if it only consisted of questions everytime ...

I will probably make a schema to illustrate the difference in precession.

By the way, would it interest anybody if I wrote something on rubber tips, such as why they move more quickly ? I am very motivated to write this for some reason. After completing the article on the different patterns of different tips, something about the various textures for a same tip would be good in my opinion.

Also, if anyone really wants to see explanations on parts from the previous series, just be specific and describe the parts well, because I have less experience with the Bakuten Shoot series.
Wobbling back and forth between spinning tops is known as precession.
I just read this whole thread.

This is amazing, though completely above my level. I'm going to remember the two perfect theoretical contact situations, "Elastic" and "Inelastic", right? Also, running through this thread has certainly made my understanding of parts change a little, and now i'm better at identifying good parts and combos, in theory. Barely, but still.

That first article is great. It certainly kills of the whole 90-105 is attack, 120-125 is defense, and 145= stamina thing that i've been sensing for a while (Save for C145, of course).

Kai-V Wrote:By the way, would it interest anybody if I wrote something on rubber tips, such as why they move more quickly ? I am very motivated to write this for some reason. After completing the article on the different patterns of different tips, something about the various textures for a same tip would be good in my opinion.

Agreed.
Most of this stuff is way over my head too. It's kind of like how I can write quite well, but I fail tests about sentence structure. It's just something I inherently understand -- in regards to Beyblade, anyway -- rather than something I know the science behind.
Well, the schema is odd :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/K...sion_1.jpg
Incomplete. I could remove the two actual beyblades, however it is really not as clear. To illustrate the difference, should I simply add some text between the two lines, without adding too much colour ?

Bey Brad Wrote:Most of this stuff is way over my head too. It's kind of like how I can write quite well, but I fail tests about sentence structure. It's just something I inherently understand -- in regards to Beyblade, anyway -- rather than something I know the science behind.
The complete opposite is happening to me : I understand so many things now that I have looked into this more deeply, hah. Hopefully asafarakaratara and I can also show those revelations to Beyblade fans with those physics articles.
I don't think they need to be on top of each other.
Could you not use a regular 145 Track? The Claws of C145 detract from the point you're making. Really cool diagrams though!
Those diagrams alone gave me customization ideas. lol, it takes pictures to stimulate use of my brain.

Oh, BTW:

BeyBrad, and not me, Wrote:Most of this stuff is way over my head too. It's kind of like how I can write quite well, but I fail tests about sentence structure. It's just something I inherently understand -- in regards to Beyblade, anyway -- rather than something I know the science behind.

If you want to edit your post.
I completly redid it with other beyblades; RF was too big :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/K...ssion3.jpg

firelord767 Wrote:Oh, BTW:
Ah, I had initially chosen the wrong quote. I appreciate it.

So, the title(s) is OK ?

Whenever I can, I start writing about Benkei's second question, then rubber tips. If anybody could still give me a few interrogations to cover even though I have a clearer path in mind, I would like it.
That looks really good.
Interogations to cover? If you mean, like, things to explain, like the bottom thing, i'm still curios as to how the shape of the wheel will effect the blade besides areodynamics and Smash/Upper/Force attacks.
I was thinking that some people might want to know why the Bey/Right launcher cannot go above a certain power level. I.E how the launchers have a speed limit. I don' t know how easy this is to cover but thanks for all your hard work Kai-V.
I think you need to make the prongs move really really really really fast, something a human cannot do with a string or a winder.