Phoenix wing counters?

I have a tournament coming soon and I’m expecting a lot of people to use phoenix wing. I unfortunately do not have it and won’t have until two months after the event. So I was wondering what combos might give me the best chance. Assuming it’s behavior is similar to dransword my current counter combo is Vipertail 5-60 taper.
Main counter is going to be HellsChain on Orb/Ball. It's the most popular counter in B4 and WBO at the moment. You're correct that the behaviour is somewhat similar to DranSword, but the weight makes things tricky.
(Jan. 14, 2024  11:36 PM)KIO Wrote: Main counter is going to be HellsChain on Orb/Ball. It's the most popular counter in B4 and WBO at the moment. You're correct that the behaviour is somewhat similar to DranSword, but the weight makes things tricky.

What ratchet do you prefer on HellsChain when going against Phoenix Wing?
(Jan. 15, 2024  7:00 PM)lil-iz Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2024  11:36 PM)KIO Wrote: Main counter is going to be HellsChain on Orb/Ball. It's the most popular counter in B4 and WBO at the moment. You're correct that the behaviour is somewhat similar to DranSword, but the weight makes things tricky.

What ratchet do you prefer on HellsChain when going against Phoenix Wing?
I’m sure 5-60 will be the best. Not only that it is the roundest shape but I personally like to match up ratchets so the amount of sides a blade has. I.e. shark edge with 4-60 even though most people do not like the 4 sided ratchets
Update: that tournament i went to i did use hellschain on ball. it countered most phoenix wing combinations and got me to 2nd place. unfortunatley tragedy struck and i lost to a phoenix point combo by a whopping three extreme finished in a row. it got me through most of the tournament unscathed but it was just a matter of luck during that last round. (note: this was just before the release of unicorn sting which in my testings would have been a better counter to phoenix wing)