Performance Tip - Yard

Quote:==Description==
Yard  features a free rotating ball tip, akin to its predecessors Orbit and Atomic, surrounded by a wide, circular base. In theory, the wide tip would increase a Beyblade's Knock-Out defense by having greater surface area and friction and the wide base is meant to make contact with the stadium floor when the Beyblade is struck, forcing it back upright and acting as brakes to prevent a Stadium Out. However, in practice the free rotating nature of the ball reduces most of the Knock-Out resistance given by the surface area of the ball and the diameter of the ball makes contact with the base rare. Unlike other ball based Performance Tips, Yard does not feature tabs around the tip as their purpose have been taken by the wide base. If hard launched, the greater surface area creates a semi-aggressive movement pattern early in the battle, bringing the Beyblade close to the Tornado Ridge.

While these features may imply that a Yard combination would be easy to Knock-Out, in reality the heavy weight of Switch-Strike/God and Chou-Z Layers, Core Discs and Yard's own weight compensates for the rotating ball. Furthermore, the free rotating tip increases the Burst resistance of a Yard combination.

In addition to the Defensive properties, Yard features high Stamina and spin-equalization potential as well as the free rotating nature reduces friction with the stadium floor, the wide ball tip keeps a combination stable and thus prevents scraping and the wide base increases procession time and Life-After-Death.

==Overall==

Free Rotating Ball Tips, there's not much more we can say about them.

I'm omitting recommended combos and the Overall until proper testing is done
how is this thread even a thing when not a single soul in north america owns a yard driver yet???? and is it really the most official way to base your testing on videos that youve been watching in a foreign language for only a day now ???? reconsider this thread please. this is how the WBO nearly killed aB competitively. Wait until you can do your own testing before posting IMO.

(Mar. 17, 2018  4:39 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Free Rotating Ball Tips, there's not much more we can say about them.

the description should be omitted, this is way to early for this thread. about 2 months to early for proper testing to be done if you ask me

and i love your drafts mono, and everything you do here that ive seen ive always enjoyed reading. but i just dont think the WBO should be jumping the gun on drafts & descriptions for parts none of us have even sniffed yet, y'know?
(Mar. 17, 2018  4:42 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: how is this thread even a thing when not a single soul in north america owns a yard driver yet???? and is it really the most official way to base your testing on videos that youve been watching in a foreign language for only a day now ???? reconsider this thread please. this is how the WBO nearly killed aB competitively. Wait until you can do your own testing before posting IMO.

(Mar. 17, 2018  4:39 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Free Rotating Ball Tips, there's not much more we can say about them.

the description should be omitted, this is way to early for this thread. about 2 months to early for proper testing to be done if you ask me

and i love your drafts mono, and everything you do here that ive seen ive always enjoyed reading. but i just dont think the WBO should be jumping the gun on drafts & descriptions for parts none of us have even sniffed yet, y'know?

It's pure conjecture and these things are listed as "Drafts" because they're imperfect and most likely inaccurate and I know that, I'm not writing this as fact. Plus, Ark Bahamut wasn't nearly killed off by writing drafts about its weak teeth too early, it was almost killed off due to testing with the wrong parts.
this draft makes it sound underwhelming before we've even had a chance to be impressed though. i just think us american audiences should wait on info for a few weeks until we get ours in. But in the mean time the only available english resources to go off of are LeoBurst's & Zankye's youtube channel since they both already have these beys and upload in our language. (unfortunately, neither of these beytubers has put out videos with enough battle info for us to make proper judgements from yet and combo testing is neither of their channels forte) so it should be a while before cho Z parts meta-worth is found
(Mar. 17, 2018  4:59 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: this draft makes it sound underwhelming before we've even had a chance to be impressed though. i just think us american audiences should wait on info for a few weeks until we get ours in. But in the mean time the only available english resources to go off of are LeoBurst's & Zankye's youtube channel since they both already have these beys and upload in our language. (unfortunately, neither of these beytubers has put out videos with enough battle info for us to make proper judgements from yet and combo testing is neither of their channels forte) so it should be a while before cho Z parts meta-worth is found

This is literally the Atomic/Orbit description that's been modified to explain the base
But the free spinning ball is smaller than atomic and orbit, and it literally has a ring around it from defense. implying that it will be very different and unique from other free spinning ball drivers. and why did you paraphrase an old draft instead of brainstorming for a new one? (because you dont have the proper info) yet.
(Mar. 17, 2018  5:05 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: But the free spinning ball is smaller than atomic and orbit, and it literally has a ring around it from defense. implying that it will be very different and unique from other free spinning ball drivers. and why did you paraphrase an old draft instead of brainstorming for a new one? (because you dont have the proper info) yet.

Is it really smaller? I didn't know that. Also, the wide base I'm talking about is the ring.
i dont wanna go tick for tat here bruh, its just to early for americans to describe this driver and its just a fact the we dont have this yet and therefore dont have any grounds to test it or say that it has no knockout resistance.
(Mar. 17, 2018  5:07 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: i dont wanna go tick for tat here bruh, its just to early for americans to describe this driver and its just a fact the we dont have this yet and therefore dont have any grounds to test it or say that it has no knockout resistance.

Quote:While these features may imply that a Yard combination would be easy to Knock-Out, in reality the heavy weight of Switch-Strike/God and Chou-Z Layers, Core Discs and Yard's own weight compensates for the rotating ball. Furthermore, the free rotating tip increases the Burst resistance of a Yard combination.
(Mar. 17, 2018  5:08 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 17, 2018  5:07 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: i dont wanna go tick for tat here bruh, its just to early for americans to describe this driver and its just a fact the we dont have this yet and therefore dont have any grounds to test it or say that it has no knockout resistance.

Quote:While these features may imply that a Yard combination would be easy to Knock-Out, in reality the heavy weight of Switch-Strike/God and Chou-Z Layers, Core Discs and Yard's own weight compensates for the rotating ball. Furthermore, the free rotating tip increases the Burst resistance of a Yard combination.

your sticking by what you said and i like that man, i like that you also presented your facts back clearly to me so, for now im willing to say that this is a proper Preemptive analysis of a bey that is a whole ocean away and in theory you may have hit it on the mark. but i just still feel theres no conclusive grounds to be found until the cho Z system is in our hands,y'know? good discussion mono. always stay justified in your reasoning,
Leo burst released vids with Emperor Forneus battling Winning Valkyrie, Zet Achilles (*cough* *cough* obelisk Odin lookalike) and even twin nemesis and yard seems to have really good stamina and procession
I should be getting mine i a few days, I'll do testing of my own a bit and give the weight of the driver.
(Mar. 17, 2018  4:39 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
Yard  features a free rotating ball tip, akin to its predecessors Orbit and Atomic, surrounded by a wide ring, akin to Defense. In theory, the wide tip would increase a Beyblade's Knock-Out defense by having greater surface area and friction and the wide ring is meant to make contact with the stadium floor when the Beyblade is struck, forcing it back upright and acting as brakes to prevent a Stadium Out. However, in practice the free rotating nature of the ball reduces most of the Knock-Out resistance given by the surface area of the ball and the diameter of the ball makes contact with the ring rare. Unlike other ball based Performance Tips, Yard does not feature tabs around the tip as their purpose have been taken by the wide base. If launched hard, the greater surface area creates a semi-aggressive movement pattern early in the battle, bringing the Beyblade close to the Tornado Ridge.

While these features may imply that a Yard combination would be easy to Knock-Out, in reality the heavy weight of Switch-Strike/God and Chou-Z Layers, Core Discs and Yard's own weight compensates for the rotating ball. Furthermore, the free rotating tip increases Burst resistance. In addition to the Defensive properties, Yard features high Stamina and spin-equalization potential as well as the free rotating nature reduces friction with the stadium floor, the wide ball tip keeps a combination stable and thus prevents scraping and the wide ring increases procession time and Life-After-Death.

Yard is slightly shorter than most other Pre-Chou-Z Performance Tips. In theory, this is meant to prevent the opponent's Layer from striking the Yard combination from below and destabilizing it, thus increasing Defense potential. In practice however, due to the design of the Burst System, this increases the chances of Disc to Layer contact and can potentially Burst the Yard combination. Though the only minor reduction in height mitigates the effect.

==Overall==
Overall, Yard makes for an excellent Atomic alternative with its comparable performance in Defense potential and Life-After-Death. However, Yard still lags behind Orbit for Burst resistance and Atomic for Life-After-Death.

As such, Yard is not a must have but is instead a welcome addition to any blader's collection.
Is it just me or is gK.P.Yr an unusually tight combo? Yard seems to lock in hard with gK, and the strength is further amplified by Polish.