PSP 1/2/3000

Basically a PSP discussion thread spanning the 1000, 2000, and newly released 3000 variants.

I've been looking into the PSP for a while. I was interested by the media capability and games that appeal more to me than the DS (Lumines among other games I like).

I've been trying to decide between the 2000 and 3000, but I need user's opinions first. I take the gaming sites and review sites with a lot of salt (after all I think how one likes a game is mainly their preference and what they like).

Is it worth it to get the 2000? Does it have a built-in microphone and Skype software, or is that only for the 3000? There's no 3000 Core packages as of now that aren't from Japan/Asia regions. Even if I got a 3000 Core from places like play-asia it would still be expensive and I could've bought a 2000 and a few games for almost the same price.

Should I just wait for a 3000 Core release here in the states? I'm not going to pay 200$ for a game I am not really interested in and a UMD movie (National Treasure 2) I'll never watch and probably trade-in or sell.
Well, if youre interested in skype, buy the 2000 and a mic. If you get a psp get the game ATVGaspffroad Fury Blazin` Trails
While the 2000 has the Skype software it does not contain a mic. Although, I'm unsure if you would want to use the 3000's built-in-mic. The 3000 also apparently has a better screen (other then overscan), and allows more TV-Output options then the 2000 (Not certain about this, put fairly sure).

You can get the Skype Mic for PSP for like $20-$30.
Sony is being stupid. does the new system look cool? Yes. Is the new color screen cool? Yes. The mircophone? ...?

They need to add another analog stick, and then release a new system. I'm considering buying one when the New Kingdom Hearts game comes out, but why would I buy the newer one when I'm not going to pay for skype, when I can just use my cell phone to call people? It makes no sense to me why they'd add such minimal things and call it such a huge upgrade. They should make a PSP with two analog sticks, tons of more memory already in it, and then add all their other little features.

And the screen is better because it can display more colors, minimizing the glare on it when your outside or wherever.
All PSP except 1000 can use Skype. Reason 1000 can't is because of hardware contstraints. And fyi, PSP-to-PSP, PSP-PC calls are free. You pay to call landlines and/or cellphones.
I've seen reviews and other than the screen being a tiny bit brighter (I didn't really find it that noticeable) and the microphone which was average quality for something that size I didn't see any differences. I still got the original PSP and it works fine for me.
(Dec. 04, 2008  11:47 PM)To Wrote: All PSP except 1000 can use Skype. Reason 1000 can't is because of hardware contstraints. And fyi, PSP-to-PSP, PSP-PC calls are free. You pay to call landlines and/or cellphones.

? And who are you gonna call?
Ghost Busters! (sorry had to be done)
sorry for the irrelevance
Well, I think you should buy the 3000. If you really dont want the bundle items, sell them or give them to Gamestop/EBGames and get credits.
(Dec. 05, 2008  10:45 PM)-WOLF- Wrote: Well, I think you should buy the 3000. If you really dont want the bundle items, sell them or give them to Gamestop/EBGames and get credits.

Always sell stuff on the internet. Selling stuff to game stores usually gives minimal prices (except this really awesome dealer I know near where I live. He stocks loads of games from different regions, think I saw a beyblade in their amongst the toys once actually lol. I spent ages playing games there.)
(Dec. 05, 2008  7:20 PM)Blitz Wrote: Ghost Busters! (sorry had to be done)
sorry for the irrelevance

DANG I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT LOL
I don't see the point in a microphone, but then again, there may be some games that require this.

There may also be new software in the future, so 3000 might be a better choice. As it is now, 2000 and 3000 aren't much different software-wise--3000 just has more capabilities.
(Dec. 05, 2008  6:55 PM)TheUnkownGod Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2008  11:47 PM)To Wrote: All PSP except 1000 can use Skype. Reason 1000 can't is because of hardware contstraints. And fyi, PSP-to-PSP, PSP-PC calls are free. You pay to call landlines and/or cellphones.

I don't like you.
(Dec. 06, 2008  9:32 PM)To Wrote:

I don't like you.

tell him to call god

OH WAIT

wth, you can call other pc and psps..

grey as mentioned the mic is for skype and online games that support headsets.

BT I do love my 2000, but going with the 3000 is fine too. the sceen is very nice imo I directly compared in bestbuy. its still a subtle imrovement, I still love the colours on my slim.
(Dec. 06, 2008  9:38 PM)Artie Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2008  9:32 PM)To Wrote:

I don't like you.

tell him to call god

OH WAIT

Stop it.
Another thing to add:

PSP-3000 apparently has some problems with the screen, which gives the LCD a scanline-like appearance. There isn't much of a way to fix it unless Sony re-releases the 3000.

So I'm not bothering with the 3000.