Osamu Mashimo - the creator of Beyblade!

Oh, here is actually a picture of one of the artboards, but it seems that it really does not show much, hah :

http://ameblo.jp/next-room-hayato/image-...14206.html

It just shows the month and year of release, the name of the Dragoons, etc. I think it is autographed by Osamu Mashimo though, which is great.
The signature says "Take care of Beyblade from here on out" or something to that effect. That particular phrase isn't one I'm good at translating, since its use is so wide.
They put a Dragoon V Bit-Chip sticker on Dragoon G, and Grip Attacker Sticker on Dragoon S, lol.
OK, this is really weird considering the small and insipid toylines TAKARA-TOMY has been trying to sell while Beyblade waits to make a comeback. Unless he came up with those stupid toylines as well, hah.

Man, a 404 error when they still link to it on the Beyblade site ? What did he do ...

Takashi Konosu will replace him as Head of Toy Business HQ. I do not know if it is him, but apparently he has patents related to lasers and lights hah :
http://patent.ipexl.com/inventor/konosu_takashi_1.html
you're amazing, Osamu Mashimo! also, is he still alive now?
(Jan. 03, 2015  5:26 PM)Galaxynovapegs Wrote: you're amazing, Osamu Mashimo! also, is he still alive now?

Instead of reviving an old thread, please do research before Smile
(Jan. 03, 2015  5:29 PM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2015  5:26 PM)Galaxynovapegs Wrote: you're amazing, Osamu Mashimo! also, is he still alive now?

Why?
(Jan. 03, 2015  5:31 PM)Galaxynovapegs Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2015  5:29 PM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote:

Why?

It's an old thread that has no reason to be revived when you can just do research... Now, after you research and you find nothing, then use the Ask a Question, Get an Answer #2 thread.
(Dec. 10, 2012  1:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: For some very odd reason, TAKARA-TOMY has very recently added a page in their "products" section dedicated to the creator of Beyblade, Osamu Mashimo. He has been with Takara and then TAKARA-TOMY since April 1986.

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/mashimosp/

Apparently, while we all kept saying that Beyblade just generally comes from beigoma, the old spinning tops made in metal from Japan, it actually originates from two old toylines called "Battletop" and "Suge Goma". These did not perform that well in the market, so they could have completely abandoned the idea of using spinning tops, but then Osamu Mashimo thought of customization, which is what changed everything for the existence of Beyblades.

The rest of the page is quite incomprehensible because I have no idea if they are talking about how Bakuten Shoot Beyblade did or how Metal Fight Beyblade perform now, but the text is very positive.

Also, one of the very interesting points of this new page is that, for the first time since 2005, TAKARA-TOMY is directly referring to the old Beyblades. Two special artboards will be exclusively released via having to purchase the first parts set the WBBA has released; for some reason, they are not even focusing on the latest, which are the Phantom Orion and the Big Bang Pegasis Parts Sets ... There will only be one hundred of these artboards, and there is one dedicated to all the Dragoon Beyblades, and the other is for all the Pegasis and L Drago Beyblades.

So, overall, this is really just a topic to inform you about the new page and share the new details we finally get about how the Beyblade series started. I doubt we will ever see these artboards, so we might as well forget about them already. However, what is very weird is that TAKARA-TOMY would upload such a page if they were really planning on putting Beyblade on another hiatus and admit that they failed to make it 'evergreen' like Hasbro wanted ... Therefore, in my opinion as someone who has been close to what TAKARA-TOMY has done in all these years, I think there is still much hope.

EAST OR WEST OSAMU MASHIMO IS THE BEST
(Jun. 24, 2019  10:32 AM)dhanush.A Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2012  1:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: For some very odd reason, TAKARA-TOMY has very recently added a page in their "products" section dedicated to the creator of Beyblade, Osamu Mashimo. He has been with Takara and then TAKARA-TOMY since April 1986.

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/mashimosp/

Apparently, while we all kept saying that Beyblade just generally comes from beigoma, the old spinning tops made in metal from Japan, it actually originates from two old toylines called "Battletop" and "Suge Goma". These did not perform that well in the market, so they could have completely abandoned the idea of using spinning tops, but then Osamu Mashimo thought of customization, which is what changed everything for the existence of Beyblades.

The rest of the page is quite incomprehensible because I have no idea if they are talking about how Bakuten Shoot Beyblade did or how Metal Fight Beyblade perform now, but the text is very positive.

Also, one of the very interesting points of this new page is that, for the first time since 2005, TAKARA-TOMY is directly referring to the old Beyblades. Two special artboards will be exclusively released via having to purchase the first parts set the WBBA has released; for some reason, they are not even focusing on the latest, which are the Phantom Orion and the Big Bang Pegasis Parts Sets ... There will only be one hundred of these artboards, and there is one dedicated to all the Dragoon Beyblades, and the other is for all the Pegasis and L Drago Beyblades.

So, overall, this is really just a topic to inform you about the new page and share the new details we finally get about how the Beyblade series started. I doubt we will ever see these artboards, so we might as well forget about them already. However, what is very weird is that TAKARA-TOMY would upload such a page if they were really planning on putting Beyblade on another hiatus and admit that they failed to make it 'evergreen' like Hasbro wanted ... Therefore, in my opinion as someone who has been close to what TAKARA-TOMY has done in all these years, I think there is still much hope.

EAST OR WEST OSAMU MASHIMO IS THE BEST

dude don't revive old threads