Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade

I'm surprised at the amount of hate the originals are receiving. In my opinion, the stories of the oruginals were more conpekling such as how Kai went evil, Rai lost Driger and how all of the main characters split in V-Force.Plus the battle between, Kai and Brooklyn was amazing.
And Ginga's constant preaching is really annoying.
(Feb. 18, 2014  4:25 PM)Aqua Roxas Wrote: I'm surprised at the amount of hate the originals are receiving. In my opinion, the stories of the oruginals were more conpekling such as how Kai went evil, Rai lost Driger and how all of the main characters split in V-Force.Plus the battle between, Kai and Brooklyn was amazing.
And Ginga's constant preaching is really annoying.

I agree. Though many people here just simply prefer Metal Saga. I LOVE both, but I'm an Original Fan favorite for life. Season 1's storyline for me was by far the best. While G-rev had the best battles. Both of those seasons would often switch as best with the choices I state above.
Ya, i agree that MFB is very good but i disagree that it's better than the original ones.It's not about the characters or any other carp that people say, its about the maturity level which MFB lacks than the old ones. They treat beyblading as an unreal sort of thing, fighting with unreal or supernatural powers & villians (no offence). As in the old series, they treated beyblading as a sport. As simple as that.
(Feb. 21, 2014  4:12 PM)simon013 Wrote: Ya, i agree that MFB is very good but i disagree that it's better than the original ones.It's not about the characters or any other carp that people say, its about the maturity level which MFB lacks than the old ones. They treat beyblading as an unreal sort of thing, fighting with unreal or supernatural powers & villians (no offence). As in the old series, they treated beyblading as a sport. As simple as that.
While I agree with what you're saying, the "carp" that people say about the characters logically traces back to maturity as many people are saying the characters are not like able, for the most part because they are not mature.
ya, i agreed. But the "carp" i'm refering to comparison that people do. They don't pick the good points, they only get one sided. Overall the original series is a mile better than the MFB, but we can't say that it's rubbish & not worth watching.
i will give you a example : Naruto
created in 1998 and there are kids with 10 yeras that love naruto
I like both but I dont like MFB english dub.. gingka and benkeis voice actors.. ugh (ive only just started watching them)
Original is better I feel mfb and ss have a similar reused plot turns rival on there team Shinobu?,Kai and kyoya in beginning and turns main villain less evil I guess: Tala, Kira and Ryuga.
Bakuten Shoot Beyblade

I enjoyed watching the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade series, it had amazing music that i can still remember to this day, very good characters, a storyline that made sense especially in the first season, the dubs were amazing, the art style was good but they were always changing it and the characters were the best, Kai Hiwitari, Tyson Granger and Ray were my favourite characters in Beyblade, i don't think anyone can't top them, even the toys felt more like a piece of art to be held in your hands due to it's high detail and work put into the tops and it's functions and don't forget about the mythical beasts, Dragoon, Dranzer, Driger and so much more.

Without Bakuten Shoot Beyblade i wouldn't have known about anime, Beyblade introduced me to anime, i wouldn't have watched shows like Cowboy Bebop, Afro Samurai, Full Metal Alchemists, Fairy Tail, Dragonball, One Piece, Death Note and Bleach. Bakuten Shoot Beyblade appealed to everyone because it wasn't childish and had some sort of maturity to the show, you can really see the characters as real life people due to the way they acted and expressed their emotions but not by the way they looked and that's a good thing, i would love to see a continuation from G Revoloution, animaters, writers etc bring the original series back, the same voices, artstyle etc but a new storyline and a continuation of the Hms toyline, most never had the chance to even touch the Hms Beyblades due to there rarity, and that final chapter (Manga) where the Bladebreakers are adults, turn it into an anime, Beyblade Season 4, do it for the fans and i'd rather see Beyblades transform into bit beasts rather than see bit beasts come out of the bit chips like it's a hologram or something.

A problem i had with the original is that Tyson meets Daichi twice, first in the movie and second in G Revolution, he should of known him in G Revolution.

Metal Fight's story has ended, now get back to the original and finish it.

Metal Fight Beyblade

Though i was really disappointed for the entire franchise to be rebooted especially seeing all our characters go, and the anime, spinoffs, movies to me felt more PG and was just unwatchable but i did force myself to watch Metal Fusion, Metal Masters, Metal Fury and Shogun Steel and still didn't enjoy it as much as the original, it was also cartoony and way to colourful compared to the original, a lot of the characters were more like robots because all they would do, think and talk about was Beyblade,it was set in a different universe, why not make it set in the same universe as the original but in the far future, i did enjoy some characters but the english dub was just awful especially for Ryuga, Gingke and Kyoyo, every character in this side of Beyblade felt like the characters from the old Beyblade but worse.

I gotta give credit to them for the toys, they were tough but way too round, lacked detail, a lot of the Beyblades looked the same and lacked uniqueness, same spin tracks, tips, wheels, energy rings were being reused a lot, Storm Pegasis, Storm Aquario, Rock this and Rock that, Metal Fight appealed more to kids and the story didn't make sense at most points but i did enjoyed watching Metal Fury and Shogun Steel, if your new to Metal Fight Beyblade skip Metal Fusion and Metal Masters.

Shogun Steel bought back the mythical beasts and the toys were a lot more improved and had more detail. Only problem i have with the toys is what's up with the whole skateboarding and graffiti theme to Beyblade and why are the stadiums so god awful, make the stadiums small and very simple like the stadiums in japan for example the see through Pegasis Stadium and Zero G stadium.
Plastics and HMS are way more fun and unpredictable.
1999, 2000, 2002, G-Rev, HMS. All great.
(Jul. 28, 2014  12:04 AM)8-Bits Wrote: Bakuten Shoot Beyblade

I enjoyed watching the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade series, it had amazing music that i can still remember to this day, very good characters, a storyline that made sense especially in the first season, the dubs were amazing, the art style was good but they were always changing it and the characters were the best, Kai Hiwitari, Tyson Granger and Ray were my favourite characters in Beyblade, i don't think anyone can't top them, even the toys felt more like a piece of art to be held in your hands due to it's high detail and work put into the tops and it's functions and don't forget about the mythical beasts, Dragoon, Dranzer, Driger and so much more.

Without Bakuten Shoot Beyblade i wouldn't have known about anime, Beyblade introduced me to anime, i wouldn't have watched shows like Cowboy Bebop, Afro Samurai, Full Metal Alchemists, Fairy Tail, Dragonball, One Piece, Death Note and Bleach. Bakuten Shoot Beyblade appealed to everyone because it wasn't childish and had some sort of maturity to the show, you can really see the characters as real life people due to the way they acted and expressed their emotions but not by the way they looked and that's a good thing, i would love to see a continuation from G Revoloution, animaters, writers etc bring the original series back, the same voices, artstyle etc but a new storyline and a continuation of the Hms toyline, most never had the chance to even touch the Hms Beyblades due to there rarity, and that final chapter (Manga) where the Bladebreakers are adults, turn it into an anime, Beyblade Season 4, do it for the fans and i'd rather see Beyblades transform into bit beasts rather than see bit beasts come out of the bit chips like it's a hologram or something.

A problem i had with the original is that Tyson meets Daichi twice, first in the movie and second in G Revolution, he should of known him in G Revolution.

Metal Fight's story has ended, now get back to the original and finish it.

Metal Fight Beyblade

Though i was really disappointed for the entire franchise to be rebooted especially seeing all our characters go, and the anime, spinoffs, movies to me felt more PG and was just unwatchable but i did force myself to watch Metal Fusion, Metal Masters, Metal Fury and Shogun Steel and still didn't enjoy it as much as the original, it was also cartoony and way to colourful compared to the original, a lot of the characters were more like robots because all they would do, think and talk about was Beyblade,it was set in a different universe, why not make it set in the same universe as the original but in the far future, i did enjoy some characters but the english dub was just awful especially for Ryuga, Gingke and Kyoyo, every character in this side of Beyblade felt like the characters from the old Beyblade but worse.

I gotta give credit to them for the toys, they were tough but way too round, lacked detail, a lot of the Beyblades looked the same and lacked uniqueness, same spin tracks, tips, wheels, energy rings were being reused a lot, Storm Pegasis, Storm Aquario, Rock this and Rock that, Metal Fight appealed more to kids and the story didn't make sense at most points but i did enjoyed watching Metal Fury and Shogun Steel, if your new to Metal Fight Beyblade skip Metal Fusion and Metal Masters.

Shogun Steel bought back the mythical beasts and the toys were a lot more improved and had more detail. Only problem i have with the toys is what's up with the whole skateboarding and graffiti theme to Beyblade and why are the stadiums so god awful, make the stadiums small and very simple like the stadiums in japan for example the see through Pegasis Stadium and Zero G stadium.

In terms of Zero G and 4D I'm going to have to straight out disagree, while the art style has some improvements, the art style is much better than the thick lines on top plate, 4D is also watchable but not by much, Zero G is almost unwatchable due to it's repetitive nature of using the beypark, I know 12 minutes wasn't known for containing great episodes but it could at least have some diversity, Metal Masters Raw version is rather enjoyable to me and 4D at least looked different by episodes, though it was mostly aztec themed and having bland characters like the VERY overrated Chris, what Zero G has got going for it is the characters are not as cliched as Metal Fight, heroic big hearted main protagonist, meat headed muscleman, bossy female, though they nowhere near hold a candle to Batuken Shoot Beyblade nor it's trilogy of series, Kaitos voice however is far more annoying than most voices and why the dub of Zero G was god awful, the RAW series as I mentioned seems really bland and really wears it's welcome, yes Metal Fight Beyblades first series was slightly bland but it was also full of scenary, I get that there's lots of In-Arena scenarios but the stadiums can be different while Zero G uses the same bowl, I know it's a Zero G stadium but it could be fun to see walls like maze in one of them and the fight with Byakko doesn't count as it's a regular stadium, and while people may think it distracts any moments with Zero G K.O's it could be fixed by having a ring of plain space around the stadium making battles more complex and fun. Zero G to me did NOT at all bring Beyblade back as it was, despite it's beasts but that's about it and some may argue that the chrome wheel is like an attack ring, personally the synchrome systems while a staple to Zero G seems relied too many times and I did not enjoy the battles with them very much, the final ending to the Zero G was so bland and they really rushed the synchrome battle at this one. Also skipping Metal Fight is extremely pointless if you recommend Zero G as it's a very very miserable rehash, with 4D, it just feels so bland and boring, the episodes are not that great to me but it can be interesting, but the characters are almost similar or perhaps it's their bland designs that make me think as such, Chris being the worst, the toyline on 4D is actually brilliant though and to me is on par with HMS or Plastic, Zero G is just not the feel of Beyblade to me, there's too much on reling on synchromes(I knows that's the point but I just don't like it, it's overrated and people will pull the Dragoon wheel from their backsides), I prefer 4D and it's versatility, what I will say is that Bakuten Shoot Beyblade will always be my favourite, and I 100% agree that the dialogue on that is WAY WAY better than Metal Saga, as in that you will keep hearing "go now" or "hear me", with Team Saga it's dialogue is so creative and love to throw in some irrelevance which I like, and they don't just talk about Beyblade which is great, even with V-Force and all had great music and are not generic, I personally didn't like the way they kept changing the art style however but that's only me, but if there's worse series than Zero G, it would be Beywheels which is on par with Zero G and Beyraiderz which is worse.

EDIT: Also I'm not sure why but the term "Beyblade" is FAR better than calling it ....ugh.... "Bey(s)", again it's just me or perhaps thanks to Beywheelz.
I'm kinda torn, should I call thems Blades? I kinda like it more.
(Jul. 29, 2014  9:55 PM)Neo Wrote: I'm kinda torn, should I call thems Blades? I kinda like it more.

Yes! I'm not saying you can't call it...that other term -sighs- "bey" but I just don't want to myself, but yes I love the term "blades" as it sounds cooler and it feels more old gen.
Technically, "Bey" was the first shortened version used, since Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, but I do have to admit that with the way it was misused in BeyWheelz and BeyWarriors, perhaps it would be better to move away from that ... Still, Bey does come from beigoma, which refers to a spinning top, which BeyWheelz and BeyWarriors are not.
Here I am going to make my rating system and rate each Beyblade series. Here is my rating system which goes from good to bad -
A Gift from God
Good
Decent
Okay
Trash
Horrendous
An Abomination
Beyraiderz

Here are my ratings for each Beyblade series (NOT including spin-offs):
Bakuten Shoot Beyblade (Beyblade) - Good
Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 2002 (Beyblade V-Force) - Trash
Bakuten Shoot Beyblade G-Revolution (Beyblade G-Revolution) - A Gift from God
Metal Fight Beyblade (Beyblade: Metal Fusion) - Decent
Metal Fight Beyblade: Baku (Beyblade: Metal Masters) - Good
Metal Fight Beyblade: 4D (Beyblade: Metal Fury) - Horrendous
Metal Fight Beyblade: Zero G (Beyblade: Shogun Steel) - Beyraiderz

The only thing worse than getting a 'Beyraiderz' rating is BEING Beywarriors: Beyraiderz.
(Jul. 29, 2014  10:14 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Technically, "Bey" was the first shortened version used, since Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, but I do have to admit that with the way it was misused in BeyWheelz and BeyWarriors, perhaps it would be better to move away from that ... Still, Bey does come from beigoma, which refers to a spinning top, which BeyWheelz and BeyWarriors are not.

Thanks, I know old gen used it in it's RAW version and I was fine with it, it's Beywheelz and Beyraiderz that really threw me off, making me question why they had to, they aren't tops and they are hard to differentiate in conversations at times unless someone's perception of "bey" is only the spinning top, Beywheelz do not act like tops, I don't care if they look like them, in that logic I could call a Ferris wheel a beyblade or perhaps a donut with a toothpick. Somehow it got plain annoying, sorry for my nitpicks but I just had to get it out, I'd even prefer them calling Top Plates as "beys" though that doesn't mean I do want to, I don't, just because they are spinning tops does not make them Beyblades.
(Jul. 29, 2014  10:21 PM)BladerPharmist Wrote: Here I am going to make my rating system and rate each Beyblade series. Here is my rating system which goes from good to bad -
A Gift from God
Good
Decent
Okay
Trash
Horrendous
An Abomination
Beyraiderz

The only thing worse than getting a 'Beyraiderz' rating is BEING Beywarriors: Beyraiderz.

Make Bakuten 2000 "The Wondrous Jack of all Trades" rating and that's my list. (sorry I can't do Gift from God; I'm Atheist.)
(Jul. 30, 2014  6:58 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2014  10:21 PM)BladerPharmist Wrote: Here I am going to make my rating system and rate each Beyblade series. Here is my rating system which goes from good to bad -
A Gift from God
Good
Decent
Okay
Trash
Horrendous
An Abomination
Beyraiderz

Make Bakuten 2000 "The Wondrous Jack of all Trades" rating and that's my list. (sorry I can't do Gift from God; I'm Atheist.)

Its not a Christian thing, its just a description...besides, I'm agnostic and I'm happy with my rating system.
MFB is a complete flop compared to the original in every way possible
Been absent, gotta play catch up~

(Jul. 29, 2015  8:38 PM)Sun Wrote: MFB is a complete flop compared to the original in every way possible

I can respect that opinion, all means. Though it isn't as trash as most people say it is. Honestly, if there is one thing the second gen and first gen share is the following season either OPs or degrades a character.

(Jul. 29, 2014  10:21 PM)☆★Unikitty★☆ Wrote: Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 2002 (Beyblade V-Force) - Trash

Both of these rankings I find laughable, though laughable for completely different reasons.

(Feb. 02, 2013  5:29 PM)SouPudeliK Wrote: First of all, yes, Ginga was strong from the very beginning what is in my opinion something... fresh? Most shounen start out with the protagonist learning about something new or getting into something he's not yet good at. It's interesting to see that Ginga is already strong but we also see that there are many things for him to learn.

Lack of character development? ... I will name one character as a wonderful example that has been ignored by ... like everyone: Yuu.
Please compare Yuu from season one to Yuu from 4D and tell me how he hasn't become much mentally stronger and mature. Of course he's still childish; that's part of his personality.

If you don't pay attention to things it's not surprising that you won't notice it. So stop complaining about things that are either not true or just your preferences.

I believed I had a discussion with Gingka and Tyson, I pointed out that Gingkas "learning" is only exposed in his rematch with Pheniox, where he not only can duplicate his friends' special moves, as well as duplicate there move pattern. This shows off his development and encounters actually had some value to it. After that battle, he doesn't do anything similiar of the sort anymore since he doesn't have anything else to show off that he learned from others in the series.

Yuu from Season 1 was a MAJOR THREAT, his vision was so great that he could actually see through a tornado as well as see through a sand storm. His vision and the ability to see though something like that gave him a special edge, not to only give him an edge. It also gave him a sense of danger, since he can see through something to murky like a Sand Storm.

After MF while he was a pacient battler from time to time, exposed when Ryuga faced off against tsubasa for the first time, as well as can wait and handle a request to not battle. Same episode, In MM he is so impatience and this follows all the way into 4DS, not only is his abilities degraded and his powerful vision crippled, His specialty from that point on is to be one of the strongest, however he is strong don't get me wrong though he falls from a kind hearted yet competent opponent into an overly eager opponent who falls apart if things don't go his way and or his limitations are easily exposed in battle.
Many prefer the old one because of nostalgia. I'm fine with that. But those who are blindly nostalgia ugh... I still stand by that dammit, I can't stand when people become biased by being blinded by nostalgia.
@[Meta madness] - What is so laughable about them? These ranking aren't based on the writing, it's based on how much I enjoyed them. I enjoyed G-Revolution and I hated V-Force (so much so that I'm changing the rating to "An Abomination" rating).
(Aug. 09, 2015  1:32 AM)☆★Unikitty★☆ Wrote: @[Meta madness] - What is so laughable about them?

There's a tad to many laughs it isn't funny, I'd consider it a depressing list.
(Aug. 09, 2015  1:46 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2015  1:32 AM)☆★Unikitty★☆ Wrote: @[Meta madness] - What is so laughable about them?

If you're not going to answer the question, don't reply with rude comments like this.
(Aug. 09, 2015  1:46 AM)Meta madness Wrote:

@[Meta madness] These ratings aren't for laughs, I'm expressing my opinions for each series.

And why are you being so rude?