Organized Play Rules new releases!

(Jun. 24, 2014  4:21 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2014  12:11 AM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2014  12:11 AM)Echizen Wrote: Oh. Yeah it doesn't include any synchromes, but maybe becuase there are many different synchrome combinations.
It should at least say that all Synchrome combos are banned.

Maybe Synchrome should have it's own format...Synchrome only.
Well that is usually what people use mostly in Zero-G, but what we are referring to is that in the new rule book it doesn't say that all Synchromes are banned in the Ban List section.
(Jun. 24, 2014  4:23 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2014  4:21 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2014  12:11 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: It should at least say that all Synchrome combos are banned.

Maybe Synchrome should have it's own format...Synchrome only.
Well that is usually what people use mostly in Zero-G, but what we are referring to is that in the new rule book it doesn't say that all Synchromes are banned in the Ban List section.

I understand that; I was just saying that could be an option.
(Jun. 24, 2014  4:47 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2014  4:23 PM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2014  4:21 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Maybe Synchrome should have it's own format...Synchrome only.

It wouldn't be much of a difference from Standard or Zero-G, aside from the few wheels used. No "new" things would be discovered, really, unlike Limited. Though this isn't necessarily the place to talk about it.
(Jun. 24, 2014  6:59 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2014  4:47 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2014  4:23 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Well that is usually what people use mostly in Zero-G, but what we are referring to is that in the new rule book it doesn't say that all Synchromes are banned in the Ban List section.

It wouldn't be much of a difference from Standard or Zero-G, aside from the few wheels used. No "new" things would be discovered, really, unlike Limited. Though this isn't necessarily the place to talk about it.

Sorry it's kinda off topic, but if Synchrome was its own format, it would have to be stated that it would be legal only in that format, banned in all others.
(Jun. 24, 2014  12:11 AM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2014  12:11 AM)Echizen Wrote: Oh. Yeah it doesn't include any synchromes, but maybe becuase there are many different synchrome combinations.
It should at least say that all Synchrome combos are banned.

Also, there are both Phantom [4D] and Phantom [Hyperblade], and also with Blitz, but the Hyperblade version is not mentioned for Diablo or Flash.

It's probably a minor thing that I'm sure all competent hosts should catch if anyone tries to exploit it, but just pointing it out.
Although I do honestly use that fake attachment thing quite often, it's probably for the best it's banned lol.

The Stalling Clause time reduction is going to really make things worse for people who use it often, especially for the people who cut it close with having >5 seconds left.
(Jun. 26, 2014  7:03 AM)Tech Wrote: Although I do honestly use that fake attachment thing quite often, it's probably for the best it's banned lol.

The Stalling Clause time reduction is going to really make things worse for people who use it often, especially for the people who cut it close with having >5 seconds left.
yah same, for me, i had 1 second left in stalling clause!!!!!!!! if it went to zero, would i be disqualified, even if i'm almost ready or ready? And i hate the fake attachment, it's so not fair!!!!!!!! but i'm really happy it is now banned.
Yes, if the Stalling Clause's period (three minutes now) is over and that you are not attached at the stadium, you lose that BeyBattle.
(Jul. 08, 2014  5:33 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: if it went to zero, would i be disqualified, even if i'm almost ready or ready? And i hate the fake attachment, it's so not fair!!!!!!!! but i'm really happy it is now banned.

No, you wouldn't be disqualified, though if you already knew the combo you were using and was just about attached, if I could recall, your opponent would receive one point alone throughout that battle, then you'd have the rest of that match to play. If you were just starting to get your combo ready, you'd be disqualified not from the tournament, but from that match. This would be the same case scenario for having worn out tip (or possibly even a fake part for that matter), as well.

As nobody ever did the fake attachment trick on me from my experience attending tournaments, it can be quite a pain. If I could recall, LMAO did that a couple times on OrionBlade at DIR EN BEY in Toronto, haha.
(Jul. 08, 2014  1:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, if the Stalling Clause's period (three minutes now) is over and that you are not attached at the stadium, you lose that BeyBattle.

Ask mehowni lost a battle like this hah.
Quote:Aside from the traditional methods of winning, a Blader has won a match the moment the
opponent’s Beyblade starts tumbling over, not once its top face touches the stadium floor
(in case this imbalance actually knocks the other Blader’s combination before t
he flip is over). It is likely that the Beyblade has stopped completing revolutions anyway, at that
point.

Could a committee member explain this real quick? I seem to have trouble deciphering exactly what it means. :\
(Jul. 08, 2014  6:05 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote:
Quote:Aside from the traditional methods of winning, a Blader has won a match the moment the
opponent’s Beyblade starts tumbling over, not once its top face touches the stadium floor
(in case this imbalance actually knocks the other Blader’s combination before t
he flip is over). It is likely that the Beyblade has stopped completing revolutions anyway, at that
point.

Could a committee member explain this real quick? I seem to have trouble deciphering exactly what it means. :\

This rule existed in the previous release, but since Zero-G Stadiums involve weird balancing sometimes, even if a Beyblade is still slightly rotating but has begun tumbling over, obviously it will not be in-game anymore once it is on its face, so it should be considered out-of-play the moment it starts toppling.
Wait, so the Beyblade doesn't have to stop spinning completely to lose the match?

I am thoroughly confused.
Read my post above (not BlitzArmor's erased message), and yes, because tumbling over is not at all the same as wobbling. Laying on your side is not the same as ending up laying on the Face.
Ah, so as soon as part of the top besides the Bottom makes contact with the stadium floor?
Wait, now I'm just as confused as TheBlackDragon. By "Laying on the face", are you saying the Beyblade is upside down and its face is literally touching the floor? Even if it's already been said, I think if you could specifically elaborate on what you think the difference between "tumbling over" and "wobbling" is it would go a long way toward making this clearer.

EDIT:
(Jul. 08, 2014  6:37 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Ah, so as soon as part of the top besides the Bottom makes contact with the stadium floor?

I hope that's not the case since that would be handing Beyblades with LAD-esque tracks (like SA165) or low customs (like MF-H Scythe ___ 85RS in Standard, or in the case of Zero-G short customs in general whose wheel could very probably touch the floor) a MASSIVE nerf.
I am pretty sure that it's just that as soon as the bey falls, not when it touches the ground. The rules essentially meant for Zero-G where the stadium may cause the Bey to shake and not touch the ground after it stop spinning.

Wobbling is when the bey is till spinning and it starts falling I think... Then tumbling is when it stop spinning and it falls.

This is what I think.
No, guys, the difference between tumbling over and wobbling is the ending position. Wobbling almost always ends in rolling on the sides. Tumbling over could have started any number of ways, only sometimes wobbling, but the Beyblade falls face first and rests on the Face, litterally. So, the rule is there just for the times when it looks like it could be a tie, between two Stamina types or whatever, but if one falls and stops moving on its Face at the same time as the other Beyblade stops rotating completely, then the first Beyblade actually became out-of-play before the other because it cannot get back into the game once it starts tumbling over.
So because the Beyblade ended up on its top face, it was considered to have been "beginning to tumble" earlier on in the match, and is therefore considered to have been out of play before its opponent?
Exactly. You have witnessed that before, right ? When people ask for specifications about that rule, it always sounds like they never saw that in a Zero-G Beyblade match.
No, I can't say I have. Not even in testing, actually (which is saying something after the dozens of hours I've spent testing with F230 combinations in the Zero-G stadium).

Isn't that kind of an abstract rule? I mean, an exact tie ending with one Beyblade toppled completely on its Face is such an incredibly rare scenario, I doubt most experienced players have ever witnessed it (unless I've just had a crazy stroke of luck and this kind of thing is fairly common).

Even so, if the match doesn't end in a tie, but the winning combination topples soon after the battle has ended, wouldn't it technically have been "beggining to tumble" earlier in the match, thus affording the opposing Beyblade the win, even though said Beyblade stopped spinning first?

I'd personally say spinning is spinning, whether upright, sideways, or upside-down. I would be kind of disappointed to lose a match simply because my Beyblade ended up in the wrong position (however unusual that position may be), regardless of the fact that it remained spinning just as long as my opponent's.

Granted, my Beyblade was never going to "get back into the game," so to speak, but it really never left, did it?

Is there any particular reason for this rule? Like some kind of weird patch for a loophole somewhere in the rulebook or something of that sort?
That phenomenon is something I witnessed within the first fifteen minutes I received my first Zero-G Stadium when it came out ...

I still think you do not understand exactly what we mean by "tumbling over", because then you would really not say you would be disappointed if it happened to you : you cannot feel 'cheated' when it happens, because your match was clearly over.
I think we need some sort of picture or video to help us clarify this. I personally thought it was like when only the momentum of the Stadium was keeping the Beyblade moving/spinning, when it would have stopped in a BB-10 or otherwise.
Well, can you explain it more thoroughly? Also, have you seen it again since then? Is it, like, a fairly common thing that happens to you, or is it just once in a while (just wondering, since I've never seen it happen before personally)?

The phenomenon does end in a tie, correct? If it ends in a tie, with both tops still spinning, but reverts the win to one Beyblade because the other happened to end the match upside-down, wouldn't you say that's a little... weird?

A response to the third paragraph in my last post would be cool too.

EDIT: Wombat you sneaky little...
I have to try to film a Q video soon anyway, so I will try to make an official "tumbling over" video for reference.