Organized Play Rules new releases!

I am so confused about this tumbling over thing lol
Kai-v,I can't download things on my nook but I really want to read it!
Is there an alternative?
Not really. Do you have access to a real computer ?
(Jul. 09, 2014  1:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Not really. Do you have access to a real computer ?

Not regullarly.
My mom and dad have computers but they won't let me download anything.
That is odd. Are there any other formats of documents, similar to .pdf, that you could view on your device ?
PDF,and maybe jpg.I think I can view most but I just can't download anything on this type of nook(Nook 1st Edition).Maybe on other types of nooks though.
So you need to view it and not download it ? Technically that is what Firefox does for me : it opens the file in a new window, instead of downloading it on my computer.
(Jul. 09, 2014  2:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So you need to view it and not download it ? Technically that is what Firefox does for me : it opens the file in a new window, instead of downloading it on my computer.

I'll click it and see!
BTWWhat if one of you guys copy and pasted?
I dont think that you should be made to tell the combination that you are using. It gives away any bladers secrets, thats why I dont battle in tournaments!
In the end, the benefit that reporting combinations reaps is far more helpful than keeping it a secret (which it wouldn't even be, since everyone at the tournament saw what you used...), how do you think the tier list and ban list were formed? Testing played a large role, but a tournament is the ultimate test, and if no one had to report combinations, I'm sure our knowledge of the meta game wouldn't be where it is today.
(Jul. 09, 2014  5:56 AM)Nionis Wrote: I dont think that you should be made to tell the combination that you are using. It gives away any bladers secrets, thats why I dont battle in tournaments!

On top of what Dual mentioned, there are actually no secrets anymore for your fellow regional Bladers even without this rule, and those from elsewhere around the world will not be at any sort of advantage knowing what you used because they will not meet you and battle you anytime soon. The idea you have that combinations are secrets in a tournament you participate in is entirely fake. Even while it spins, everyone can guess what you are using, and the second your Beyblade stops spinning, no part is mysterious anymore.
(Jul. 09, 2014  1:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2014  5:56 AM)Nionis Wrote: I dont think that you should be made to tell the combination that you are using. It gives away any bladers secrets, thats why I dont battle in tournaments!

On top of what Dual mentioned, there are actually no secrets anymore for your fellow regional Bladers even without this rule, and those from elsewhere around the world will not be at any sort of advantage knowing what you used because they will not meet you and battle you anytime soon. The idea you have that combinations are secrets in a tournament you participate in is entirely fake. Even while it spins, everyone can guess what you are using, and the second your Beyblade stops spinning, no part is mysterious anymore.

The day someone makes Torch OP is the day we don't need to tell winning combos.
Ya, that's true I guess did not really think about the obvious fact that people can actualy see what you are using when you battle them! My bad! Smile
(Jul. 09, 2014  4:32 PM)Nionis Wrote: Ya, that's true I guess did not really think about the obvious fact that people can actualy see what you are using when you battle them! My bad! Smile

That is alright, I just hope you do not hesitate to go to a tournament now; your comment made me worry, hah.
So about that whole tumbling example thing, any chance we could get that? I think I understand it even less now than when I last posted lol

For the record I've never seen nor have even heard someone mention a Beyblade ending up upside down in any stadium until now. Furthermore, the fact that this rule is so convoluted for such a corner case makes me think we might benefit from just removing it unless we can explain it more elegantly.

Also, I agree with what TheBlackDragon said about how a Beyblade should still be considered in play if it is spinning and has not exited the stadium regardless of its orientation. It is very difficult to define what orientation a Beyblade is in in any formal way for that matter, such that it'd be extremely hard to police at which angle a Beyblade would be considered "inverted" or "toppled" or whatever you want call it; 45 degrees? 55? 65? I'm worried that rule would open up a huge can of worms where bladers could start claiming that the Beyblade of the person they lost to had tilted past what they considered an angle threshold of being "upside down" and thus they should have won.
Well, it's not exactly specified as "upside-down" - the rule applies when the Beyblade ends up on its Face (literally, the Face piece) at the end of the match. So if the Face never touched the Stadium floor, the rule wouldn't apply, so I don't think that would cause any problems.

Good to know you've never seen it either - thought I might've been missing something obvious.

But there's another thing - what if one blader claims that his opponent's top began to tumble earlier on in the match, but was righted by interference from his Beyblade? There's no way to prove whether or not the Beyblade in question would've ended up on its face had the second Beyblade not been there to interfere, but if the act of beginning to tumble is what really disqualifies the Beyblade, then it is very possible that the blader claiming victory actually won.

Quote:Even so, if the match doesn't end in a tie, but the winning combination topples soon after the battle has ended, wouldn't it technically have been "beggining to tumble" earlier in the match, thus affording the opposing Beyblade the win, even though said Beyblade stopped spinning first?

I would still like a response to this; mostly to clarify whether or not the match has to end in a tie for the rule to apply, since that isn't specified in the rulebook (unless I just missed it reading, but I'm pretty sure it isn't in there).
So something just happened to me earlier, and this may or may not be a stupid question.

What if a Beyblade comes apart (but does not break) at the same time it KOs an opponent? The rules state that if the Beyblade comes apart the opponent automatically wins, but at the same time it KOd the opponent. Would it be a tie like if one stops spinning at the same time the other is KOd, or would the separated Beyblade lose?
(Jul. 12, 2014  3:35 AM)Wombat Wrote: So something just happened to me earlier, and this may or may not be a stupid question.

What if a Beyblade comes apart (but does not break) at the same time it KOs an opponent? The rules state that if the Beyblade comes apart the opponent automatically wins, but at the same time it KOd the opponent. Would it be a tie like if one stops spinning at the same time the other is KOd, or would the separated Beyblade lose?

Yes, if it happened exactly at the same time, it would be a draw.
If it happens at the exact same time, I would call it a draw. More often than not, there's a split second difference. Unless there's a video that you can play back, calling it a draw would be a good decision.

EDIT: Yo, Kai-V.....
Well I agree that in almost every case with simultaneous KO/OS draws there's a split second difference. But since most people don't record individual matches with a high FPS camera it's up to the naked eye of what the judge sees. The main reason I asked is because separation seems (at least to me) a "higher degree" of defeat than an OS and might be penalized because of that.
What is the penalty if a Blader attempts/does an attachment trick?
(Jul. 14, 2014  1:56 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: What is the penalty if a Blader attempts/does an attachment trick?

Hm, we have not thought about it, but it would go from either the maximum, which is a BeyBattle loss, or the minimum, which would be to restart the selection process for both Bladers. Technically, since it is against the rules, I doubt it would just be the minimum, unless the person truly appeared completely clueless about the rule (yet usually only experienced Bladers used it), and you could not just lose the first round of the BeyBattle because then you would still have an unfair advantage for the rest of the rounds, so ...