Operation Kid-Friendly!

If anyone has a better name for this operation, let me know hah.

As we announced in the latest News topic, we are trying to transform Beywiki so that it at least looks more appealing for kids who do not want to just look at paragraphs of text. One of those steps is to add the following banners at the top of every part section :

[Image: BeywikiBannerBad.jpg]

[Image: BeywikiBannerOK.jpg]

[Image: BeywikiBannerGreat.jpg]

I added banners to the Beyblade articles from BB-01 to BB-125, and the only parts I was slightly hesitating about are :
- D125 - OK ?
- B - OK ?
- H145 - Bad ?
- T125 - OK ?
- GB145 - Bad ?
- AD145 - OK ?
- Basalt - OK ?
- Blitz - Bad, when VariAres is OK ?

What do you guys think about those parts ? Great, OK, or Bad ? You have to remember that technically we have to categorise parts based on normal conditions, so not necessarily Limited potential. We may have to look into highlighting the latter in some other way later.

Anybody can continue and fill in the holes, but if you are even just slightly unsure about a categorization, because it would really be bad if you added unfitting banners to parts and misled readers. Post here to let everyone know what you have done so far anyway.

What is left to do for the banners :
- Special edition Beyblades that are not part of the normal product list;
- Zero-G Beyblades;
- Plastics;
- HMS.

Remember that you do not have to own a Beyblade to categorise it : read what each part description says and deduce whether it is top-tier or not. However, be careful with plastics articles, because there is a note at the beginning of a lot of them saying that some of their content is inaccurate, so refrain from labelling the parts in those articles.
The name is fine x.x
B is definetly Bad, GB145 is Ok and H145 is Ok also.
- D125 - OK ?
- B - OK ?
- H145 - Bad ?
- T125 - OK ?
- GB145 - Bad ?
- AD145 - OK ?
- Basalt - OK ?
- Blitz - Bad, when VariAres is OK ?

D125: It has pretty decent use in Limited in various atack customs and is used on Balro^2. So may not be the best option in some cases, but still OK.

B: Not sure that this tip has any use so, Bad.

H145: It's great in lightning attack customs as well as Wyvang attack customs. I'd say good, TBH. I don't think there's a better Mid-height attack track.

T125: It's okay, not much more else to say. It's a decent height for some customs. Such as, Genbull Dragooon T125GCF. Which is also an Okay custom.

GB145: I'd say OK. It's still used in several attack customs, but I'd say H145 would be better.

AD145: In terms of Mid-height stamina: SA165>W145>AD145. So okay or either bad. But would be more "ok" IMO.

Basalt: Erm... okay is a fitting description.

Blitz: I don't have much experience with Blitz, so I can't really say, but it's outclassed by synchromes and some 4D wheels, but it's not like it's comparable to other of the "Bad" attack wheels. So it could be either.

Anyways, I could try to get some opinions on the other things tomorrow.
Is there a different word that could be used instead of "Bad"..? I'll think of something else but if all I had was certain parts and I'm told it's "bad" I'd feel a little discouraged. XD I don't even like viewing particular parts as bad because people have their own different styles and some actually win from time to time.
105 and SF are generally bad parts. There is no other way to call them.
Not good? Lol. Obviously a kid isn't going to understand that different parts are useful in different combinations, and they'll probably just jump towards combining all of the parts that have the "Good" label on them. Kid's are simple.
(Oct. 13, 2014  3:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: 105 and SF are generally bad parts. There is no other way to call them.

What?
SF is a destabilizing Bottom. Usages. Not great, but not BAD.
B was originally used for stamina around the time it came out so I wouldn't call it useless but I'm not sure if it could be classified as okay anymore.

Also destabiliser's are stupid. I should know since I was the main campaigner for them back then.
So can we suggest for other parts like the Zero-G Beyblades?
Okay, here's mine on it, glad to see a thread like this up, too:

Quote:
~ D125 - Has use on Genbull Dragoon D125GCF, good for some Attack setups, as well. I'd give it an OK.

~ B - Has no competitive use, whatsoever, in our present Beyblade metagame, however though, Libra D125B did have use at one point, once being able to beat a Virgo 125D, a competivie setup in the 2009 meta period. Regardless of that, I'd still give it a BAD.

~ H145 - It has a fair amount of use in Limited, on setups like MSF-H Samurai Wyvang H145RSF, for say, although there are definitely better choices for Attack setups out there, and has a whole lot of recoil. It's OK, though.

~ GB145 - Has a lot of use on Attack setups, also has use in Limited on setups like Libra GB145RSF, for say, so there's really not that much bad about it. I'd definitely give it a GREAT.

~ AD145 - It's fine, although W145 has been proven to do better by testings. It still has some small purposes, though being a decent substitute, I'd give it an OK.

~ Basalt - Was once dominant in the 2011 Beyblade meta game, although was outclassed once more of the 4D series was released. Has very little use now a days, though has been seen to beat Dragoon Stamina setups when placed on either B:D or SA165EWD. Definitely a risky choice, regardless. I'd definitely keep it on OK, though.

~ Blitz - I can't really say much on Blitz, as I never really seen it in action, nor do I own one. It was outdated along with Variares, though it definitely had some use, from what I've heard. I'd give it either or, an OK or a BAD would probably be the best of choices.
I'd be happy to add banners to various parts, if that is what we should be doing here. But should there be a general banner for an entire Beyblade? Also, I'm not sure how to add them. Is there instructions somewhere I can use?
(Oct. 16, 2014  9:01 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: I'd be happy to add banners to various parts, if that is what we should be doing here. But should there be a general banner for an entire Beyblade? Also, I'm not sure how to add them. Is there instructions somewhere I can use?

I do not think there should be a general banner for the Beyblade, because with Beywiki we have always wanted to break the misconception of straight-out-of-the-box Beyblades and encourage combinations. Even doing what someone mentioned here or in the announcement thread of a kid just hoarding all the parts with "GREAT" banners and combining them randomly would honestly bring them a step closer and not be all that bad in tournaments, who knows.

You can simply go to any of the Beyblade articles I have already edited and see what I added. It is just one line in the title of the part section.
So, due to me waiting on a couple of items, I decided to take a break from testings and contribute as much as I can to this thread. That in mind, I decided to get a couple of done relating to Zero-G Beyblades; they probably wouldn't be what you'd end up seeing on BeyWiki, although regardless, the information may be valuable for other pieces.
I have these ones to start off to begin with, too, so here they are!:

Samurai Ifraid W145CF (Click to View)

Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD (Click to View)

Theif Phoenic E230GCF (Click to View)

If you have any requests, if these do happen to be valuable, I definitely wouldn't mind working on them!

On another note, when looking at the Beat Lynx page, I noticed that the Clear Wheel, Lynx, was under bad. I really don't see why that it is, any idea why, Kai-V? It has use on Flash for Attack, although not top-tier, soo..?
(Oct. 16, 2014  10:08 PM)Midnight` Wrote: So, due to me waiting on a couple of items, I decided to take a break from testings and contribute as much as I can to this thread. That in mind, I decided to get a couple of done relating to Zero-G Beyblades; they probably wouldn't be what you'd end up seeing on BeyWiki, although regardless, the information may be valuable for other pieces.

If you have any requests, if these do happen to be valuable, I definitely wouldn't mind working on them!

On another note, when looking at the Beat Lynx page, I noticed that the Clear Wheel, Lynx, was under bad. I really don't see why that it is, any idea why, Kai-V? It has use on Flash for Attack, although not top-tier, soo..?Quote

Wait Saramanda is bad? Isn't it a decent chrome wheel, not great or anything but still, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also isn't Ifraid used for some attack customs?
(Oct. 16, 2014  10:08 PM)Midnight` Wrote: So, due to me waiting on a couple of items, I decided to take a break from testings and contribute as much as I can to this thread. That in mind, I decided to get a couple of done relating to Zero-G Beyblades; they probably wouldn't be what you'd end up seeing on BeyWiki, although regardless, the information may be valuable for other pieces.

On another note, when looking at the Beat Lynx page, I noticed that the Clear Wheel, Lynx, was under bad. I really don't see why that it is, any idea why, Kai-V? It has use on Flash for Attack, although not top-tier, soo..?

I had not heard of Lynx being particularly useful, but if you say it is a good substitute to other Clear Wheels that are great on Flash, then go ahead and change the banner to OK, but that also means that the Clear Wheel description needs to be modified as well.

Everything you just categorised seems good except CF, which I would still qualify as "GREAT" because people find them rather interchangeable, or at least not in a way that places the other in the whole other category "OK". Also, on the subject of Crystal Wheels, as I mentioned somewhere in this thread, I am not comfortable with classifying one as great when Crystal Wheels are useless in the regular metagame. Perhaps it would be fine to call it "OK" if it is particularly awesome in Limited, but no more.
I think Ifraid should be OK. And Phoenic be bad, but I'd say OK is fine.

I don't think there's any use for Lynx...
Lynx is decent on flash, that's about it.
Lynx is raised in the exact areas that you don't want plastic to be raised on Flash. Lynx is BAD.

I also agree with Kai-V on Crystal Wheels; BAD to OK would be as far as I'd wanna go with classifications this general. Unless each part had its own little chart like...

<table style="width:200px" border="1">
<tr>
<td>
Format
</td>
<td>
Rating
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>MFB Standard</td>
<td>
BAD
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>MFB Zero-G</td>
<td>
OK
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>MFB Limited</td>
<td>
GREAT
</td>
</tr>
</table>

But that might be too much trouble.
I like the idea, Angry Face.

It would definitely be a bit time-consuming to do that, but it's pretty helpful to newcomers.
Yeah Angry Face that's a pretty good idea. What else we could build on is give parts a banner that's there actual type: Like putting a "Stamina" banner next to Wide Defense so people know what it's actually used for despite the name.

But anyways, onto the parts (for Standard):
- D125 - OK. It's probably the closest thing to a CH120 you can get shape-wise, and CH120 is useful on Attack setups.
- B - Bad. It just doesn't have the Stamina of the D series, and MB generally performs better on tall Tracks.
- H145 - OK/maybe Great. H145 is one of the best Tracks for Flash and Wyvang Attack, but like a lot of people have pointed out, it has recoil issues.
- T125 - OK. Same case as D125 basically. Can't this be used on Dragooon GCF even though it spins left?
- GB145 - OK. It has some use on Flash, but is outclassed for Defense.
- AD145 - OK. It can still be viable in today's metagame but there's better alternatives like W145.
- Basalt - OK.
- Blitz - Bad, when VariAres is OK ? I guess I agree with this, Blitz was on par with Variares Smash-wise but couldn't change direction. See this is when the classifications are a bit too vague because it's not as bad as Storm, but not good enough today to be considered "OK".

EDIT: Can this also be a thing for Plastics/HMS, so things like Tiger Defenser and Grip Flat Core Ultimate Version would be Great?
(Oct. 17, 2014  2:08 AM)Wombat Wrote: Can this also be a thing for Plastics/HMS, so things like Tiger Defenser and Grip Flat Core Ultimate Version would be Great?

Definitely, I mentioned it in the first post.

By the way, before announcing this, we did think that it would be cool for the banners to say what it is "GREAT" for, etc., but the banner would really become too crowded and the text will already tell you where it excels. Furthermore, some parts are good in way more than one type.
Little, although I had the time and decided to rate Chrome Wheels Gryph and Girago. As I was about to do the full on out BBG-24 Beyblade, Gryph Girago WA130HF, I figured rating WA130 and Hole Flat would be useless considering they already have, unlike the Chrome Wheels. Here they are!:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kai-V Wrote:I am not comfortable with classifying one as great when Crystal Wheels are useless in the regular metagame. Perhaps it would be fine to call it "OK" if it is particularly awesome in Limited, but no more.

You're definitely right on that one. Solid point, Kai-V.

Legion King Wrote:Lynx is decent on flash, that's about it.

Echizen Wrote:I don't think there's any use for Lynx

Kai-V Wrote:I had not heard of Lynx being particularly useful

It has use on Beat for Attack in Limited, along with Flash for Standard. Very little, otherwise, though.
(Oct. 18, 2014  2:27 AM)Shido Wrote: It has use on Beat for Attack in Limited, along with Flash for Standard. Very little, otherwise, though.

Even still there's better options for both, especially on Flash.
Would "GREAT" be given to all top-tier parts?

Because, in that case, D125, T125, H145, and GB145 should all be labeled as "GREAT." They are all pretty excellent Attack Tracks (and, again, they are currently top-tier, so...).