One Hit Wonder Big Bang Pegasus W105R2F

Ok so I just got my long awaited stadium and i was anxious to do some tests so this is what i came up with.

all of the equipment listed below;
TT attack stadium
3 Segement launcher x2
Beylauncher LR
Angle compass and led sight (for added weight)

MF-HBig Bang Pegasus W105R2F
VS MF Earth Bull GB145WB
145 Height
I really think that this needs to go in for further testing on both itself and against other beys due to my lack of other top tier beys atm because i think that the different modes react to diiferent situations that needs to be further tested and not left aside
WB is outclassed, so could you test it against CS if you have one? I would test it, but I don't have my stadium at the moment.
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:01 AM)Mr. N Wrote: WB is outclassed, so could you test it against CS if you have one? I would test it, but I don't have my stadium at the moment.

GB145 is quite outcasted too.
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:03 AM)Nano Wrote: GB145 is quite outcasted too.

Right spin Attackers don't do so well these days, so 230 and BD145 would drop the win rate to almost 0%, so it doesn't really prove anything, especially since this is a low Attacker.

Edit - At least that's what I do for testing Right-spin Attackers. (against GB145)
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:05 AM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:03 AM)Nano Wrote: GB145 is quite outcasted too.

Right spin Attackers don't do so well these days, so 230 and BD145 would drop the win rate to almost 0%, so it doesn't really prove anything, especially since this is a low Attacker.

i will test at 145 height. atm i dont have other top tier parts waiting on my order from dimsum
Updated
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:08 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: i will test at 145 height. atm i dont have other top tier parts waiting on my order from dimsum

then shouldnt you have waited for them to come, before making this thread? as it now has a chance of being closed Pinching_eyes_2
Hah, you should have waited. I agree with Callum. Lets just hope that the mods like your combo.
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:06 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Hah, you should have waited. I agree with Callum. Lets just hope that the mods like your combo.

to be honest i could do some tests i have big bang pegasus and top tier defence pieces

but i do belive big bang has more defencive capabilities
Hmm. So do I. How about LDD? Its good for attack I suppose. Lets hope Oki can test it...
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:32 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Hmm. So do I. How about LDD? Its good for attack I suppose. Lets hope Oki can test it...

These are what we need to test mostly: MF Libra gb145 cs, MF Basalt Gb145 cs, Earth Bull/aquario Gb145 CS, gb as its still tier and attacks cant cop with 85 or 230, CS because right spin beys find it hard to tackle RS

and maybe a side test to see its defensive abilities
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:03 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:01 AM)Mr. N Wrote: WB is outclassed, so could you test it against CS if you have one? I would test it, but I don't have my stadium at the moment.

I fail to see how everyone is thinking this. 230 does a great job at defense, but against most attack wheels on 130+ it doesn't stand a chance (even with CS). Combos like MF Libra GB145CS are still an excellent choice, especially when the CS is fresh. It works like an offensive defense type, defending by attacking. I see 230 as being a nice balance between defense and stamina, but not as a pure defense.

This is my understanding of combinations of defense tracks and bottoms.

GB145 + RSF/RS = Standard Defense Type, weak against Stamina and left spin Attack.
GB145 + CS = Offensive Defense Type, great against most attack types and 80-145 stamina types.
230 + CS = Stamina Defense Type, complete dominance against low attackers, but is wrecked by anything 130+. A 230 stamina type will always beat it, but a 145 and lower has much less of a chance of winning, especially when combined with Hell or Flame.

Sorry to be so off-topic here....so back to the topic at hand.

Why W105 and not something a bit more, uhm, useful? Also WB is severely outclassed, to the point that I wouldn't even call it a defensive bottom anymore. It's only real use is in destabilizers and possibly some niche 230 combos.
were not saying 230 is bad, it way too good for this combo as this is a low attacker, so GB145 is best suited to test this bey, as its better contact.
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:47 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: were not saying 230 is bad, it way too good for this combo as this is a low attacker, so GB145 is best suited to test this bey, as its better contact.

I think you missed the point of my post. I know 230 is good, but I'm tired of people saying it is the end-all be-all of defense. GB145 is still, in my opinion, one of (if not) the best defensive tracks.

And the best way to test this bey is against GB145CS, GB145RS/RSF, and 230CS. This bey won't do well, but no one is expecting it to since it is so short.
why are you useing w105? try 85 our 90 their much beeter tracks atleast 100.
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:41 PM)Evan Wrote:

I fail to see how everyone is thinking this. 230 does a great job at defense, but against most attack wheels on 130+ it doesn't stand a chance (even with CS). Combos like MF Libra GB145CS are still an excellent choice, especially when the CS is fresh. It works like an offensive defense type, defending by attacking. I see 230 as being a nice balance between defense and stamina, but not as a pure defense.

GB145 + RSF/RS = Standard Defense Type, weak against Stamina and left spin Attack.
GB145 + CS = Offensive Defense Type, great against most attack types and 80-145 stamina types.
230 + CS = Stamina Defense Type, complete dominance against low attackers, but is wrecked by anything 130+. A 230 stamina type will always beat it, but a 145 and lower has much less of a chance of winning, especially when combined with Hell or Flame.

Why W105 and not something a bit more, uhm, useful? Also WB is severely outclassed, to the point that I wouldn't even call it a defensive bottom anymore. It's only real use is in destabilizers and possibly some niche 230 combos.
it needs to be any 100 and higher ot it just scrapes the floor. Im gonna test it against Earth GB145RS later
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:51 PM)Evan Wrote: And the best way to test this bey is against GB145CS, GB145RS/RSF, and 230CS. This bey won't do well, but no one is expecting it to since it is so short.

ahh, i get ya now, GB145 is a good track i do think, 230 is a tyrant but easily countered if enough smash (i use MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 RF to counter Tongue_out), and i also forgot BD145 as a defense trap (personaly is my fav), and 85 its amazing at stopping LTAC but not high.

also Omegaits true on an 85 its is near enough the ultimate floor scraper, maybe 90 or 100
But in the BBP Discussion BBP got high win rates when in 230 it was BBP 230RF/R2F in Upper Mode
(Apr. 28, 2011  5:07 PM)StormHollow Wrote: But in the BBP Discussion BBP got high win rates when in 230 it was BBP 230RF/R2F in Upper Mode

really could you link me to the results, also what was it against?
(Apr. 28, 2011  5:07 PM)StormHollow Wrote: But in the BBP Discussion BBP got high win rates when in 230 it was BBP 230RF/R2F in Upper Mode
exactly what im saying its a tall attacker
(Apr. 28, 2011  5:00 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote:

it needs to be any 100 and higher ot it just scrapes the floor. Im gonna test it against Earth GB145RS later

Gotcha. But still W105? I just have personally never seen a reason for using that track at all. From the BBP topic it seems that 230 (soon TH220 or TH195) is the best height for BBP.

(Apr. 28, 2011  5:07 PM)Callum6939 Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:51 PM)Evan Wrote: And the best way to test this bey is against GB145CS, GB145RS/RSF, and 230CS. This bey won't do well, but no one is expecting it to since it is so short.

ahh, i get ya now, GB145 is a good track i do think, 230 is a tyrant but easily countered if enough smash (i use MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 RF to counter Tongue_out), and i also forgot BD145 as a defense trap (personaly is my fav), and 85 its amazing at stopping LTAC but not high.

also Omegaits true on an 85 its is near enough the ultimate floor scraper, maybe 90 or 100

There are lots of ways to counter this Hell/Flame 230CS combo. MF-H Lightning L-Drago H145RF/R2F, Screw Pegasis II CH145 (use at 120 against GB145) RF, and MF Lightning L-Drago CH145RF are all excellent ways to counter 230.

I completely forgot to put BD145 down in my post above, naming the different types of defense, mainly due to the fact that I don't own and I've never played against it. BD145, from videos I've seen, is also a great defense track but is marred by the fact that it can only be effectively used with Hell.
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:41 PM)Evan Wrote: 80-145 stamina types.

Bro, I think you mean 85 ? Because there is no 80 track...
(Apr. 28, 2011  5:59 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2011  5:00 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:03 AM)Nano Wrote: [quote='Mr. N' pid='629738' dateline='1303959673']
WB is outclassed, so could you test it against CS if you have one? I would test it, but I don't have my stadium at the moment.

Gotcha. But still W105? I just have personally never seen a reason for using that track at all. From the BBP topic it seems that 230 (soon TH220 or TH195) is the best height for BBP.

(Apr. 28, 2011  5:07 PM)Callum6939 Wrote:

ok so i tried it on 100 and the reason why it doesnt work is because it doesnt have the level to keep itself balanced. #1 it makes it impossible to slide shoot without scraping the floor and #2 its enormous speed and short height throws itself off causing it to stadium out
Ok. I really don't know how you are getting floor scraping so I will say this. THIS DOES WORK ON 85. I have used it plenty of times and not once have I gotten any floor scraping. This combo is rather decent though. It's no Vulcan but it packs a punch.
(Apr. 28, 2011  7:19 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Ok. I really don't know how you are getting floor scraping so I will say this. THIS DOES WORK ON 85. I have used it plenty of times and not once have I gotten any floor scraping. This combo is rather decent though. It's no Vulcan but it packs a punch.

it does? hmm it just must be my launch
(Apr. 28, 2011  5:59 PM)Evan Wrote: Gotcha. But still W105? I just have personally never seen a reason for using that track at all. From the BBP topic it seems that 230 (soon TH220 or TH195) is the best height for BBP.

S130 is the best Track according to Bluezee and ikmv.

Anyways, unless I am terribly mistaken, is this not just testing on various heights or just on 145, which is basically what the Big Bang Discussion does?