OnLive

Like I said in time; I don't expect this to do well immediately; but what I do hope is that it fosters more technical innovation. If this venture fails, maybe others will be able to take something from it and improve upon it for the future. Also I was under the impression that this was streaming not downloading. They already have downloading services and they are a niche product.

Online music stores are the only one's showing increasing profit in the Western world. Poor management on behalf of the music industry has severely hurt their revenues. They have fostered an environment where the music created (most of it) does not require albums. A lot of them feel just like a collection of random songs, where singles seem more convenient. As high speed internet access gains more penetration this will become an extremely popular avenue for a lot of people outside NA and Europe.

In the end I hope this succeeds, but I do realize it is before its time. If anything the Technology industry might be able to take a few notes.
Well thanks for the bump spam bot. Sony recently purchased Gaikai, a similar service to OnLive but credited with a better quality service.