Nuno's Lego "Beyblades" (Updated 12/06/2009)

(Mar. 02, 2009  9:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2009  9:12 PM)Anubis Wrote: Plastic shooters are more powerful than HMS shooters, actually. Count the number of revolutions you get from a full winder pull.

hahahahaha no they're not

With the Dragon Winder and EZShooter, you actually do get more complete revolutions than you do with the Dual Shooter and winder.

I don't know if they are necessarily stronger because of that, but it is true that the EZShooter is capable of more revolutions.
(Mar. 02, 2009  10:05 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2009  9:12 PM)Anubis Wrote: Plastic shooters are more powerful than HMS shooters, actually. Count the number of revolutions you get from a full winder pull.

With the Dragon Winder and EZShooter, you actually do get more complete revolutions than you do with the Dual Shooter and winder.

I don't know if they are necessarily stronger because of that, but it is true that the EZShooter is capable of more revolutions.

The lego shooter wasn't made from an EZshooter, so it's less powerful than the dual shooter.
I was messing around with my dual shooters and the lego blade fits in them, but I have to launch it fast, or it will fall. XD I will make today another lego launcher, this time with a dual shooter. Smile
(Mar. 01, 2009  11:59 PM)Rocky Wrote: Did you really miss it in the first post? Serious

Well my baaaaad my computer wont load them up for some reason :\
(Mar. 02, 2009  10:05 PM)Kei Wrote:

How many revolutions it can complete isn't the main factor for shooter strength, it's how fast you can have a Beyblade moving when it's released.
Lego Dual Shooter:

I still didn't test it, because the glue is drying, but I hope it works better than the plastic lego shooter. Tongue_out_wink
(Mar. 03, 2009  12:01 AM)mirraslogo Wrote: Lego Dual Shooter:

I still didn't test it, because the glue is drying, but I hope it works better than the plastic lego shooter. Tongue_out_wink

You're on a roll.Tongue_out It looks like a really clean job.
This is gold

What are those metal rings, though?
(Mar. 03, 2009  2:44 AM)Grey Wrote: This is gold

What are those metal rings, though?

They are those rings you put between screws and nuts, but these are big ones. XD They work like weight disks.

EDIT:

Oh my god, I just tested the Lego Dual Launcher and this time the results were:
Battle 1: Lego "beyblade" wins by knock out.
Battle 2:Lego "beyblade" wins by outspin.
Battle 3:Lego "beyblade" wins by outspin.
Battle 4:Lego "beyblade" wins by outspin.
Battle 5:Lego "beyblade" wins by knock out.
Battle 6:Lego "beyblade" wins by outspin. (Lego Dual Laucher broke XD)

So now I'm fixing the Lego Dual Launcher, looks like it still needs some ajustments. XD

Lego "beyblade" won 6/6 battles! Chocked_2
i have to say i doubt anyone here is shocked that a giant heavy perfectly round piece of metal is essentially the best beyblade part ever

look at libra
In right or left?
what did you use for the beyblade tip?

EDIT: I'm stupid. I asked this before :p
(Mar. 03, 2009  9:15 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: i have to say i doubt anyone here is shocked that a giant heavy perfectly round piece of metal is essentially the best beyblade part ever

look at libra

Yes, you're right, but it's not a giant piece.Tongue_out The Lego "beyblade" is smaller than any hms. I have a giant one though. XD

(Mar. 03, 2009  9:42 PM)Giga Wrote: In right or left?

Both in right spin. Smile
Good news everyone! XD
I now have a bunch of lego "running cores" and most of them work really well.
Also created a second version of the original laucher and it's now more powerful than the HMS laucher (which was my most powerful).

The results of "Wide Flat" against DEMS. Both in right spin and the lego "beyblade" shoot first. Used sliding shoot with both.

Stadium: Thunder Rumbler
Battle 1: Wide Flat wins by outspin.
Battle 2: Wide Flat wins by outspin.
Battle 3: Wide Flat wins by outspin.
Battle 4: Wide Flat wins by outspin.
Battle 5: DEMS wins by KO.
Battle 6: Wide Flat wins by outspin.
Battle 7: Wide Flat wins by KO.
Battle 8: Wide Flat wins by outspin.
Battle 9: Wide Flat wins by outspin.
Battle 10: DEMS wins by KO

Wide Flat wins 8/10 Tongue_out

Just to make things clear, the first one shown here in this topic had 2 metal rings. This one only has 1, so DEMS is heavier.

Pics:
http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt44/...G_1174.jpg
http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt44/...G_1175.jpg
http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt44/...G_1181.jpg

I'm trying to turn the metal rings into attack rings but it doesn't really work the way I expected... Got to have some more ideas. XD
ah this is really cool. I knew there was a way to make plastic beyblades from Legos but you did a metal one.
System Updated.Current system is now system 3

System 2 had 2/3 parts: running core and weight disk or bottom, core and weight disk.
System 3 has 4 mais parts and 2 other parts.

Main Parts:

Attack ring:
Yes, finally, attack rings. So far 3 were created and are all operational. 2 of them are hybrid (plastic+metal) and the other is made of plastic.

Weight disk
:
Weight disks are still the same. Balance and wide respectively.

Core:
Cores hold the weight disk and attack ring and fit the bottoms/height pieces.

Bottoms:
There are 2 types of bottoms:
- Height bottoms - These fit the cores right away.
- Normal bottoms - These require a height piece.

Optional parts:

Height piece:
These parts prevent the weight disk and attack ring from falling and give the blade more height. Some of them have gimmicks.

Small height piece:
These parts connect to some normal bottoms to give the blade more height. However, these can also be replaced with height pieces.

I hope you like this little update! Cute
Any comments or questions are always welcome! Smile
DANG, That's pretty sweet. Kinda makes me wanna grab my tub of LEGO and head down to the closest warehouse for parts Grin
Thats a nice little update you have there Nuno Joyful_3 Keep it up.
(Jul. 30, 2009  9:08 PM)Driger Wrote: Thats a nice little update you have there Nuno Joyful_3 Keep it up.

Thanks! Joyful_3

Carp! One of my ARs broke and I can't find the missing piece to fix it! Unhappy

Combo I was using:
AR: Upper Wings (Upper attack + Smash attack. Wonderful AR! The only problems are the recoil and that it breaks a lot.)
WD: Balance
Core: Normal
Bottom: Wide Rubber Flat (Height Bottom) (Carp this thing is fast! XD)
Theres a shop in Australia, near me, that sells plastic beyblades and HMS blades...I am going there again soon and asking if they are getting any of the new beyblades lol...
Although that's interesting news that there's an Australian shop still selling the old bey, this is not the place to say it. Try Beyblade Random Thoughts.

Nuno, I find this project quite interesting. :3 I would want to clean up that glue though.....
LOL cool! Im gonna build one

OFF TOPIC : wheres the shop is AUS?
I want massive amounts of LEGOS so I can attempt this.
This is epic!
brb stealing little brothers lego!