Not into super z

I'm looking towards super I feel like it's going right back to metal fight and they shouldn't change much in burst, the series is doing very well as it is. What DO you guys think?
Why do you feel like it's going back to Metal Fight? I ask as someone who is not very familiar with the Metal saga.

I currently don't see any similarity. The beys are like the God beys, they just have more metal and will use a different chip (level chip). Some drivers make the beys taller. So far, they seem rather underwhelming. In the least, they're not significantly changing the metagame as it is.

From what I see, things haven't changed very much. But I am understanding that things will keep changing as Takara Tomy is going to want to keep evolving the series such that we need to keep buying newer parts. That's just how it is, and it's just something to accept or you're just letting yourself be bothered by something you have no power over. Life's too short for that.
I think the new series is gonna be great. We won't have a use for Nightmare Longinus or Seig Xcalibur anymore since every bey in Super Z/Chozetsu has metal. I look forward to Crush Ragnarok because it has the gimmick from the god layer and metal!
I guess what our friend opening this thread wants to explain is that the battles probably won't be so intensive anymore, because the New beys don't burst that easily. It's always a Joy seeing the opponent's bey being crushed by your own bey, and it doesnt take much time if you Do it right.
The metal fights were all about ringouts and survivor finish, so yes, Some of us likely wonder whether the super z bey fight will be the same.
I hope I understood you, BladerHV, and if I am wrong, just correct me please.
At last i think, that the fights in the New season won't be totally equal to metal fusion and Co. We will see some burst, of course
There are many videos on various sites that prove that these beys are capable of being burst. Heck, I put my new Emperor Forneus up against God Valkyrie, both stock, and Valkyrie landed a Burst Finish at the last second when both beys were basically dead. The meta will only change about as much as it usually does when a new system is released, and while it may not take off right away, it will certainly do so in the future.
To me, this is like Zero G with Burst, but not in a bad way. Super Z seem like amazing aggressive beys, but they are extremely unbalanced like Zero G. BUT the manga looks good. And the anime looks like it would be amazing compared to Zero G.
(Mar. 28, 2018  3:25 PM)DraconicArt Wrote: I guess what our friend opening this thread wants to explain is that the battles probably won't be so intensive anymore, because the New beys don't burst that easily. It's always a Joy seeing the opponent's bey being crushed by your own bey, and it doesnt take much time if you Do it right.
The metal fights were all about ringouts and survivor finish, so yes, Some of us likely wonder whether the super z bey fight will be the same.
I hope I understood you, BladerHV, and if I am wrong, just correct me please.
At last i think, that the fights in the New season won't be totally equal to metal fusion and Co. We will see some burst, of course
 That's exactly it
I suppose it depends on if the Super Z beys are actually more difficult to burst than the God beys. I haven't heard any of the people testing them here on WBO claiming that they are.

As already said in a post above, they're not unburstable in the least.
Genuine, candid questions:
- Do most people find the flat-opaque-metal-on-top designs of ChouZ attractive, especially in comparison to all previous Beyblades?
- Are they really replacing Valt with that red Valt? That would definitely be a first in Beyblade, except Zyro's introduction in Zero-G I suppose, but that totally reflects badly on Valt, if they felt the need to freshen up the series by relegating him to a much more secondary role hah.
- Why have I seen so many broken Layers on Twitter as if this was a replay of 2015 or whatever, the beginning of the Burst series? It cannot all be because of 12 or whatever...
(Mar. 29, 2018  1:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Genuine, candid questions:
- Why have I seen so many broken Layers on Twitter as if this was a replay of 2015 or whatever, the beginning of the Burst series? It cannot all be becase of 12 or whatever...

I still think it's because of the metal on top. I don't think 12 helps but adding very-sharp-edgy-metal contact points doesn't help at all in a sea of mostly plastic contact.
(Mar. 29, 2018  2:06 AM)juncction Wrote:
- Why have I seen so many broken Layers on Twitter as if this was a replay of 2015 or whatever, the beginning of the Burst series? It cannot all be becase of 12 or whatever...

I still think it's because of the metal on top. I don't think 12 helps but adding very-sharp-edgy-metal contact points doesn't help at all in a sea of mostly plastic contact.

i’ve run 100’s of super-z tests at this point, and i have no damage whatsoever on anything

i’ve never used 12 on a single launch
- Do most people find the flat-opaque-metal-on-top designs of ChouZ attractive, especially in comparison to all previous Beyblades?
I can only speak for myself. I don't have a problem with the new designs. I think they look cool. I'm not sure where I sit with them in comparison to God Layers beys, but they're still better than older beys in general, IMO.

I can't speak for a majority, and I'm not sure if that even matters? People are going to have different opinions and you can't please everyone all the time.

(Mar. 29, 2018  1:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: - Are they really replacing Valt with that red Valt? That would definitely be a first in Beyblade, except Zyro's introduction in Zero-G I suppose, but that totally reflects badly on Valt, if they felt the need to freshen up the series by relegating him to a much more secondary role hah.

Why do you jump to the conclusion that change in Valt's position means it's a negative on his part? But we can really only guess until we're blue in the face while we have little to no story to go off of.

Personally, some of the best story bits from anime (IMO) involve the idea of passing things on to the next generation. I think addressing the love of Beyblade across ages and sharing that with younger kids who "take your place" is something nice. In this case, it gives Valt a chance to take a mentor role, which is probably beneficial for his growth as a person.

I'm only just finishing the first part of the Burst anime, but there's that.

(Mar. 29, 2018  1:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: - Why have I seen so many broken Layers on Twitter as if this was a replay of 2015 or whatever, the beginning of the Burst series? It cannot all be because of 12 or whatever...
I don't see where this question is going? (Maybe because I don't get the 2015 reference.) But as someone who actually owns the new beys and had a bey damaged, I can tell you it looks to be a combination of 12 and the taller drivers that better push disc-to-layer contact.

I am honestly disappointed in the design choice there. I know mistakes happen, even with adults running companies, but yeah. Takara-Tomy dropped the ball.

We need to organize more testing to be sure. I just don't have a collection of beys to test scrap.

(Mar. 29, 2018  2:38 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2018  2:06 AM)juncction Wrote: I still think it's because of the metal on top. I don't think 12 helps but adding very-sharp-edgy-metal contact points doesn't help at all in a sea of mostly plastic contact.

i’ve run 100’s of super-z tests at this point, and i have no damage whatsoever on anything

i’ve never used 12 on a single launch

Thanks for providing some experienced input!

I used 12 with stock wV for 5 minutes or so and damaged my favorite layer....
(Mar. 28, 2018  1:20 AM)BladerHV Wrote: I'm looking towards super I feel like it's going right back to metal fight and they shouldn't change much in burst, the series is doing very well as it is. What DO you guys think?

Well I was brought up in the metal fight era. It was amazing, but I dirges. Super Z is similar but completely different to the metal system. The amount of metal in the layer is less then the midnight wheel form MFB. All the Burt and Burt God beys still have a fighting chance against these new Super Z beys.
Here, I think this is helpful for those concerned about Super Z being overpowered so far:

(Mar. 29, 2018  2:23 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: after running through tons of old discs 
i have nothing new to share. they do seem to like discs under 20g. 

but i’m officially done trying to justify competitive use for current super-z.  

they are just not any better than the top tier god layer combos, in fact they are usually worse

(Mar. 29, 2018  3:07 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2018  2:55 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Great input!

May I ask a question? How burstable did you find the Super Z beys in your testing? Some people are wondering if they're more difficult to burst.

i think burstablity goes up with disc weight.  

they are not any more difficult to burst than some god layers, imo.