[Northern California] Bay Area Bladers

I thought I'd make a new thread since, (as far as I could come up with when digging through the forums), the 1-2 other threads were completely defunct and abandoned. 

If we have enough bladers in the area for a tournament, I'd ask that someone more experienced take on the task. While I may not be new to Beyblade itself, I am rather new to the WBO community and how tournaments work as a whole. 

UPDATE: Check out our new Discord server, created and run by greg8972! Please note that while it implements the same rules as the WBO, it is not affiliated with the WBO in any way. We're just a community of WBO members :)
Im in Hercules, and can travel to blade with anyone who can gather near a BART station. I’ve been really hoping for a more local tournament to spring up, so good luck, and if theres anything I can do to help let me know!
Ah, always nice to have more people in the Bay Area that are interested.
Me and Zyeyo are around and I think maybe @[histri] and @[BlackMirror] are around too?
So far, we've only had a meetup in Fremont but I hope we can grow this area enough to host a tournament ;3
(Feb. 13, 2018  3:27 AM)Mage Wrote: Ah, always nice to have more people in the Bay Area that are interested.
Me and Zyeyo are around and I think maybe @[histri] and @[BlackMirror] are around too?
So far, we've only had a meetup in Fremont but I hope we can grow this area enough to host a tournament ;3

Fremont is not bad at all, how many of us are around here? We could hold an exhibition to get acquainted.
Fremont is pretty close so yah it's a good idea.

I live in South San Jose near Cambrian Park.
I live IN Fremont, so that'd be phenomenal.
(Feb. 15, 2018  10:22 PM)BladerGem Wrote: I live IN Fremont, so that'd be phenomenal.

Great! Do you know of any places where any events could be established? Even something like a park or something similar would probably do.
(Feb. 15, 2018  11:55 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2018  10:22 PM)BladerGem Wrote: I live IN Fremont, so that'd be phenomenal.

Great! Do you know of any places where any events could be established? Even something like a park or something similar would probably do.

There is a park that's O.K for a meetup. It just doesn't have much shade. Give me a sec to find the location again
Here the link to it: https://www.google.com/search?q=sylveste...y%2520Park
I guess Vasona Park in Los Gatos isn't that bad, but it's mostly lake and there's a lot of bird poop.
There is Lone Hill Park right down the street (for me), but it's really small and there's often a lot of people there. Good park tho.
Mage, BladerGem, BlackMirror

I think we’d better bring some Umbrellas or similar picnic equipment like blankets and such, but I do like the idea of grass, my Performance Tips keep getting rekt by concrete haha.

Bringing an umbrella will be a pain for those of us on BART, so could one of you Fremont bladers bring those? I can bring a couple blankets.
One of the parks nearby that I know of is Lake Elizabeth, it's got plenty of room and lots of grass. The only problem with the grass is there's usually goose droppings everywhere, so blankets are definitely a must-have.
(Feb. 16, 2018  6:44 AM)BladerGem Wrote: One of the parks nearby that I know of is Lake Elizabeth, it's got plenty of room and lots of grass. The only problem with the grass is there's usually goose droppings everywhere, so blankets are definitely a must-have.

That sounds like agood option too!

What about Umbrellas my dude, the shade is a must-have. 

Do you have any? (Assuming you live close)
(Feb. 16, 2018  7:09 AM)EpicTurtwig Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2018  6:44 AM)BladerGem Wrote: One of the parks nearby that I know of is Lake Elizabeth, it's got plenty of room and lots of grass. The only problem with the grass is there's usually goose droppings everywhere, so blankets are definitely a must-have.

That sounds like agood option too!

What about Umbrellas my dude, the shade is a must-have. 

Do you have any? (Assuming you live close)

I might, I'd have to ask my mom. The park does have trees scattered around, so there's always some natural shade.
BladerGem
Cool! Natural shade works as a last resort.
How many people should we ultimately try to have? I was initially thinking between 10-20, but I’m not sure the usual size for meetups such as these.

From what I see we have 6 people so far BladerGem’s name isn’t on the board of local bladers yet, and my teammate lives two blocks down the hill from me, he’s down to go aswell.

We have the Blue Beyblade burst standard (Hasbro) and the Red Chaos Core (Hasbro) stadiums.
(Feb. 17, 2018  8:46 AM)EpicTurtwig Wrote: How many people should we ultimately try to have? I was initially thinking between 10-20, but I’m not sure the usual size for meetups such as these.

From what I see we have 6 people so far BladerGem’s name isn’t on the board of local bladers yet, and my teammate lives two blocks down the hill from me, he’s down to go aswell.

We have the Blue Beyblade burst standard (Hasbro) and the Red Chaos Core (Hasbro) stadiums.

There aren't that many active people in the Bay Area nowadays so don't expect too much XD
Meetups cam be of any size, the the previous one only had me and Zyeyo XD
I have a B-33 Standard Type black Beystadium
I just came back from my first Tournament in Los Angeles. I had a ton of fun and it was a great experience but 350 miles is a long way to travel for a day lol. I'm in The East Bay (San Ramon), but anywhere in the Bay would be a great place to battle!
(Feb. 18, 2018  8:52 PM)epicbeymaster61 Wrote: I just came back from my first Tournament in Los Angeles. I had a ton of fun and it was a great experience but 350 miles is a long way to travel for a day lol.  I'm in The East Bay (San Ramon), but anywhere in the Bay would be a great place to battle!

Awesome! Im keeping track of my own list of local players and it’s great to add another name! I’ll be sure to message you with any plans we make, but make sure to sub this thread just in case to get updates.
I’m new too i just loged on yesterday and I don’t know how to start a tournament too but soon I will learn how to
(Feb. 19, 2018  5:24 AM)Just J 11 Wrote: I’m new too i just loged on yesterday and I don’t know how to start a tournament too but soon I will learn how to

Hey awesome! May I ask your general locale to see how local you are so I can add you to my list?
(Feb. 17, 2018  9:42 AM)Mage Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2018  8:46 AM)EpicTurtwig Wrote: How many people should we ultimately try to have? I was initially thinking between 10-20, but I’m not sure the usual size for meetups such as these.

There aren't that many active people in the Bay Area nowadays so don't expect too much XD
Meetups cam be of any size, the the previous one only had me and Zyeyo XD
I have a B-33 Standard Type black Beystadium

I have the Yellow Hasbro burst stadium from the Valtryek V2 VS Spryzen S2 set, and I've also got an old Hasbro Max Stampede stadium from the Metal Fight days.
I'm new as well, and want to get back into Beyblade. Both Vasona and Lone hill park are close to me.
(Feb. 22, 2018  8:08 AM)ToadsChode Wrote: I'm new as well, and want to get back into Beyblade. Both Vasona and Lone hill park are close to me.

Not entirely a fan of the riske username, but awesome! Always nice to have more bladers! Id suggest any of the “God Layer System” or “SwitchStrike” Beys if you don’t have any Burst generation Beys currently, I’ll add you to my list of Locals!
So I was thinking maybe we could have a Discord channel/chat for IMs? It'd make for an easier time setting up meets altogether. How does that sound, does almost everyone have Discord/know how to make a Discord server?
(Feb. 22, 2018  9:22 AM)BladerGem Wrote: So I was thinking maybe we could have a Discord channel/chat for IMs? It'd make for an easier time setting up meets altogether. How does that sound, does almost everyone have Discord/know how to make a Discord server
I made a discord you all can join it. https://discord.gg/YgdmnaM