North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion.

call me crazy since it going to be two tournaments one should be limited and the other should be standard
I feel like Zero G and Standard personally (if we did end up doing two). Not that many people even like limited, but ultimately it's up to the host.
zero g ok

i am not losing to my sister againAngry
Yeah I think Standard and Zero-G
I would personally love to do Limited, if anyone else is up for it. Not too keen on doing Zero-G, but if that's what we're going with I'd be OK with it.

Dark, you can confirm TigeroftheWset and I for the 21st. I can bring a stadium (BB-10 and/or Zero-G).
February 21st will be Zero G/Standard. March will be Limited.
(Jan. 25, 2015  9:19 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: February 21st will be Zero G/Standard. March will be Limited.

Is there any more news on the big tournament in March? I'm definitely interested but may not be able to go.
Wait the "big" tournament in march is going to be Limited? If so I don't think it will be a big tournament.
(Jan. 26, 2015  12:03 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Wait the "big" tournament in march is going to be Limited? If so I don't think it will be a big tournament.

Why?
sorry is the big tournament the beyblade colosseum
(Jan. 26, 2015  1:54 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2015  12:03 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Wait the "big" tournament in march is going to be Limited? If so I don't think it will be a big tournament.

Why?

Because every other Limited that we've had has been a flop.
it was't a total flop but Stormscorpio1 is right a big tournament should not be a limited format a lot of people don't like it
Hopefully more information will come soon about a tournament that is "suppose" to happen in March and it's almost February. Honestly lack of information, date of the event and rushing to post an official thread is why some events dropped in participants. Lack of new beyblades is one, but this is also a major thing.
Ideally, you guys should really have two formats. As much as some North Carolina Bladers really hate the Limited format, it will be inclusive to new Bladers that you hope to reach out to with such a big event, while it is true that other formats exclude Bladers with few competitive parts. So, if the competitive Bladers here cannot swallow the sour pill of Limited, then there will really have to be two formats, to gather as many Beybladers as possible. However, I sincerely hope that even if you hate Limited, you will be able to take part in it because you would be compensated with another format you do like. What matters is how big each tournament was, not how many people came from 12:00 to 2:00 + how many people came from 2:00 to 4:00 ...

Thunder Dome, it depends for whom, but a lot of the Members here, I have noticed, are not even able to confirm before a week until the tournament. Most of the time, unless it involves a lot of traveling, trying to confirm an event and its needed participants a lot of time in advance will not work either.
(Jan. 26, 2015  2:50 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Ideally, you guys should really have two formats. As much as some North Carolina Bladers really hate the Limited format, it will be inclusive to new Bladers that you hope to reach out to with such a big event, while it is true that other formats exclude Bladers with few competitive parts. So, if the competitive Bladers here cannot swallow the sour pill of Limited, then there will really have to be two formats, to gather as many Beybladers as possible. However, I sincerely hope that even if you hate Limited, you will be able to take part in it because you would be compensated with another format you do like. What matters is how big each tournament was, not how many people came from 12:00 to 2:00 + how many people came from 2:00 to 4:00 ...

Thunder Dome, it depends for whom, but a lot of the Members here, I have noticed, are not even able to confirm before a week until the tournament. Most of the time, unless it involves a lot of traveling, trying to confirm an event and its needed participants a lot of time in advance will not work either.

mostly 8 member XD
(Jan. 26, 2015  2:50 AM)Kai-V Wrote: it depends for whom, but a lot of the Members here, I have noticed, are not even able to confirm before a week until the tournament. Most of the time, unless it involves a lot of traveling, trying to confirm an event and its needed participants a lot of time in advance will not work either.

Even with NC tournaments. A lot of people, whether we have enough for the tournament or not, make their decisions right on the day of the event. I have done it on several occasions. Also, usually, especially in kids, they'll tell their parents the day of and they'll say no if they are busy for the day. It's quite common for a young audience.
My big event is currently aiming more for after beydays per request of my bqcker.

Big event will be standard.

(Jan. 25, 2015  9:52 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2015  9:19 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: February 21st will be Zero G/Standard. March will be Limited.

Is there any more news on the big tournament in March? I'm definitely interested but may not be able to go.

Date is in June. Itnwill be standard.
Dark, I think we should try team Limited too. If we're having a big event, we might as well play two formats, right?
(Jan. 26, 2015  3:16 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Dark, I think we should try team Limited too. If we're having a big event, we might as well play two formats, right?

Time is a factor in the big event
Aw shucks that means so much coming from you.
(Jan. 26, 2015  5:27 PM)Time Wrote: Aw shucks that means so much coming from you.

Lol.

Ok so if I have this correct it's Febuary 21st Standard and Zero-G,
March Limited, and a big event in June that will be Standard.
(Jan. 26, 2015  3:16 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Dark, I think we should try team Limited too. If we're having a big event, we might as well play two formats, right?
I don't think we should do Team Limited if we did Team. Also it would be hard to even pull a team event off.
(Jan. 26, 2015  9:00 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Ok so if I have this correct it's Febuary 21st Standard and Zero-G,
March Limited, and a big event in June that will be Standard.

You're absolutely correct sir.

Another thing is we will be on a strict time table for GT. So we will have to start at 1130am.
(Jan. 26, 2015  2:50 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Ideally, you guys should really have two formats. As much as some North Carolina Bladers really hate the Limited format, it will be inclusive to new Bladers that you hope to reach out to with such a big event, while it is true that other formats exclude Bladers with few competitive parts. So, if the competitive Bladers here cannot swallow the sour pill of Limited, then there will really have to be two formats, to gather as many Beybladers as possible. However, I sincerely hope that even if you hate Limited, you will be able to take part in it because you would be compensated with another format you do like. What matters is how big each tournament was, not how many people came from 12:00 to 2:00 + how many people came from 2:00 to 4:00 ...

Okay try posting a big event such as Anime North a week before it happens and look at the results. Posting before hand gives members more time to confirm overall even if they are unsure even within a week of an event. I'd rather more members know about the event and post it earlier.