North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion.

So... Anyone wanna try to get an event going or... I mean I could always host if need be.
(Jan. 12, 2015  8:52 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: So... Anyone wanna try to get an event going or... I mean I could always host if need be.
I'm always up for an event. I've been actually thinking about finding a new location just to have more options and possibly find a good location to host, although I haven't quite found one. I really want to host/attend a tournament soon, but finding a new location (or using an old one) and advertising good to get as much people as possible is higher on my list than getting an event rolling as fast as possible. I want to have more than 8 people for once, this is ridiculous that we are barely making 8 people and I can't take much more of it as it gets boring seeing and playing against the same members every event.
I have a couple thins in the works. Should have everything posted this weekend. Were looking at possibly the second week of February for GT. Im booked with another on the weekend of the 31st. SOrry for the delay in getting things done. Been a crazy time for me.

Fees are paid. Smallfry got a passport.

Spoke with my sponsor briefly today. We're looking March for a BIG event. details to follow soon.
(Jan. 13, 2015  2:42 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Fees are paid. Smallfry got a passport.

YES!!!

Points points points points points...

Eee
(Jan. 13, 2015  2:42 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I have a couple thins in the works. Should have everything posted this weekend. Were looking at possibly the second week of February for GT. Im booked with another on the weekend of the 31st. SOrry for the delay in getting things done. Been a crazy time for me.

Fees are paid. Smallfry got a passport.

Spoke with my sponsor briefly today. We're looking March for a BIG event. details to follow soon.
Hopefully you get those "details" sorted out soon. 2 months is hardly long enough to get people for a big event.
Dark, any word on the tournament you were planning for the 31st? I'mm assuming it's a bit late to get one going now, but if we're shooting for the second week of February we should get to work on the thread. We haven't had a tournament in two months.
sorry for asking but what format is it going to be ?
I would be up for Standard again if anybody else wants to; I'm assuming you'd all rather do that than Limited, haha.
if your hosting it's your choice
I could always host an event since Dark is no where to be found.
ok that's fine if the black dragon agrees
I don't see why he has to agree? What are you trying to say?
nothing he just wanted to host a tournament,you can go on hosting one Wink ,sorry for that XD
Guys, is there an indoor venue besides GT that we could use?

Is Dark the only one who can get us in to GT, or could you or Adam do it? If we can find a venue, we should just host ourselves. I think Dark is really busy; he's working 60 hours a week at the moment IIRC.

I'm up for anything; at this point, we could blade Zero-G in the rain and I'd still show up, haha.
We should get Rolesville, Durant, or some other park.
Rolesville park would be cool; although, we very nearly didn't get to play last time we went. The shelters are apparently reservable (which is not what their site said; it's supposed to be first come first serve).

Shelter D at Rolesville Park would be perfect; do you think we can reserve it for free, or do we have to rent it?
I'm not sure I'm looking into it right now.
(Jan. 24, 2015  7:47 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Rolesville park would be cool; although, we very nearly didn't get to play last time we went. The shelters are apparently reservable (which is not what their site said; it's supposed to be first come first serve).

Shelter D at Rolesville Park would be perfect; do you think we can reserve it for free, or do we have to rent it?
Are we even positive that you need to reserve a shelter for Rolesville Park? I mean honestly some people could have had plans before hand to meet their and not even have reserved it. Usually if parks have people reserved to use a shelter it would have a sign or a piece of paper saying that a certain group or party has reserved.

Currently I'm trying to find a good indoor location to use for events so we don't only have to rely on GT. Can't confirm that I will find a good location, but maybe I will.
It was reserved by a little league team last time we went; I don't think you need to reserve it to use it, but if somebody else reserves it and then we show up, we'll have to leave.

Problem is most indoor venues cost a lot of money; we need something free.
(Jan. 24, 2015  8:46 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: It was reserved by a little league team last time we went; I don't think you need to reserve it to use it, but if somebody else reserves it and then we show up, we'll have to leave.

Problem is most indoor venues cost a lot of money; we need something free.
Are you positive that he reserved it? Honestly I don't think he did. He could have honestly just said he reserved it so we would stay away.
I seriously don't understand why you guys are so set on having tournaments every month. Give a month or two's time off. Some of us are very busy, y'know. Hell, I'll be taking college classes til Christmas time, so I probably won't be able to attend half of the tournaments. Point is, it's busy for some people. Things aren't going to be taken care of quickly all the time. Honestly, I don't have time for travelling to Raleigh for a tournament anymore these days, and y'all driving 90 minutes+ to Princeton would be more of a stress than it is for me to drive an hour to get there.

I know NC is probably one of the most active places at this time, but you just need to expect, not a lot of people are gonna show up for a lot of these tournaments we keep planning every month. It's burning some of us out.
we just have nothing to do we are just teens XD

but not my sister
Yes Def I understand that we are not going to get an event every month, but it's been 2 months and the last time we had a break this long are events dropped from around 12 to 8 participants.
Okay so as of right now its looking like February 21st for GT. How does that sound to everyone? Sorry for the hiatus. Work and personal life got in the way. All is good now.

(Jan. 24, 2015  7:02 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: I could always host an event since Dark is no where to be found.

Im back now after my little hiatus. Its been way to long. Our next event at GT will be standard.

(Jan. 25, 2015  1:14 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Yes Def I understand that we are not going to get an event every month, but it's been 2 months and the last time we had a break this long are events dropped from around 12 to 8 participants.

This type of hiatus shall never happen again while I'm on the site. I have procrastinated with things in my life and they caused some problems for me. I would be up for 2 events in February possibly if anyone else would be game.
I'm a maybe for that right now. Im going to an NC State basketball game that day and I dunno if the parents are willing to run into Raleigh six hours early for me to compete in this, but we'll see.