Nominate Users for Discipline/Banning

The concept from the start of this board was that the community be in charge of decisions made, not solely myself. Therefore, I think it's about time this topic was created.

Obviously in clear-cut cases (eg. malevolent spamming) the staff will take action without consulting the community. However, not all cases are so black and white.

If you think a member needs to be disciplined due to their activity here, please post their name here and your reasoning for nominating them. I would invite other users to comment on any nominations listed here.

Obviously I would rather not have to ban anyone on this board, and so far only one user has been banned permanently. So let's not throw too many accusations around needlessly.
Beyblade 14
Why? Just look at his topics ffs
Eh. Maybe just block him from creating new threads? He's a bit annoying, but it's like he's a less funny rooneyt. I like him here, I guess, when he's not asking stupid questions in new threads.
PRINCEcharming. He's been a bad boy, and he needs to be punished.
Silver Kane Wrote:Beyblade 14

As Elm- er, MJ said, I'll consider preventing him from making new topics.

PRINCEcharming Wrote:PRINCEcharming. He's been a bad boy, and he needs to be punished.

I second this nomination and would like the opinion of other users.
He's being a douche, and doesn't have legitimate contribution to use as an excuse to stay.
lolsam1337 Wrote:hey i like this princecharming kid

you've also been banned like a dozen times, so I'm not surprised
Tamer Brad Wrote:
lolsam1337 Wrote:hey i like this princecharming kid

you've also been banned like a dozen times, so I'm not surprised
most of my bannings have been loads of carp

rai banned me for calling artie gay on bbf, yet both of us completely knew it was a joke

i got banned on toywiz because my friend had my same ip for some ungodly reason and another time because i made a joke topic about bit beasts being real which too many people took seriousluy

i was banned on otc for not being used to using forums
i'm talking about here, i don't take things that occur unrelated to this board into account Wink
I think Sam being banned at BBF awesome. Totally shows how that place was run, lol.

Anyway, no one's really that bad to be banned at this time.
Artie Wrote:I think Sam being banned at BBF awesome. Totally shows how that place was run, lol.

sam didn't contribute enough money
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Artie Wrote:I think Sam being banned at BBF awesome. Totally shows how that place was run, lol.

sam didn't contribute enough money

god damn it don't remind me
Tamer Brad Wrote:i'm talking about here, i don't take things that occur unrelated to this board into account Wink
oh see i take being banned 12 times literally because i probably have been
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Silver Kane Wrote:Beyblade 14

As Elm- er, MJ said, I'll consider preventing him from making new topics.

PRINCEcharming Wrote:PRINCEcharming. He's been a bad boy, and he needs to be punished.

I second this nomination and would like the opinion of other users.

Beyblade14 just wants like credit for finding useless stuff he thinks is important (No offense or anything). That's why I think he's putting too much in it.

and with Prince, I think he just needs to calm down with somethings that he posts about.
Agreeing with G on this.

Btw, does this board use any kind of infraction system?
Also, not entirely related, but Smogon's "I could be banned!" and "Shut me the carp up!" member titles are awesome. Maybe we could have something like that here.
King of Darkness Wrote:Agreeing with G on this.

Btw, does this board use any kind of infraction system?
Also, not entirely related, but Smogon's "I could be banned!" and "Shut me the carp up!" member titles are awesome. Maybe we could have something like that here.

There is no infraction system; I find them to be too strict. These decisions should be based on single decisions, not numbers.

I like the title idea. Grin
I don't really like the idea of this topic. =/

Isn't it just going to cause arguments? I mean, if someone is causing a problem, just ban them, I don't see why people would have to nominate other users for this. Just some thoughts though.
John Wrote:I don't really like the idea of this topic. =/

Isn't it just going to cause arguments? I mean, if someone is causing a problem, just ban them, I don't see why people would have to nominate other users for this. Just some thoughts though.

I agree.

Finger pointing never solves anything. :\
ЯOAN Wrote:Finger pointing never solves anything. :\

[Image: phoenix_wright_news.jpg]
Finger pointing solves some things... Serious
Ok, you got me there.

Anyway, instead of giving people the option to nominate others for discipline, why not bring up members you think need it and we can decide as a community from there.

If we don't think the member in question is deserving of punishment then no harm done and you still avoid being a dictator. If we do, well then said member will be dealt with and we can move on.

I think this will be much less inviting to unnecessary arguing.
ЯOAN Wrote:Ok, you got me there.

Anyway, instead of giving people the option to nominate others for discipline, why not bring up members you think need it and we can decide as a community from there.

If we don't think the member in question is deserving of punishment then no harm done and you still avoid being a dictator. If we do, well then said member will be dealt with and we can move on.

I think this will be much less inviting to unnecessary arguing.

All right. That was the general basic idea but I see what you're getting at with this. Thanks.

I'll lock this topic and start over.