Nintendo step up

(Jun. 03, 2009  4:06 AM)Roan Wrote: There's no online, according to Jeff Gerstmann's Twitter, who was just at a Q&A with Miyamoto:

"jeffgerstmann No online in New SMB Wii. (Nothing to report on the WiiSpeak support front, either.)"

lol
would it really be that hard for them to add online support to that game jesus christ
Sadly, this Nintendo conference was still a little... eh. I do have to say, however, that they really went out of their way to make sure this would not be a repeat of last year. They announced a LOT of great games including Red Steel 2, SMG2, Golden Sun DS, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: MMA, and just the little fact that you can upload photos taken from the DSi straight to Facebook.

The vitality sensor is poop on a very short stick, though. As soon as I saw it my VERY first thought was "oh God, ANOTHER ONE?!?" I don't know what Nintendo's thinking on that, but they really have to work hard to impress me with that one.

And I'll probably be one of the suckers to buy NSMBWii. It just looks so... fun. And a side-scrolling Mario game has never been boring for me.
Seriously guys, do you want to change the title then? I know I can but I want to see what Brad or someone else will put.

As for the games, I can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid M, Golden Sun DS and the KH game. I only added the others since there might be someone out there interested in them.
(Jun. 03, 2009  4:06 AM)Roan Wrote: There's no online, according to Jeff Gerstmann's Twitter, who was just at a Q&A with Miyamoto:

"jeffgerstmann No online in New SMB Wii. (Nothing to report on the WiiSpeak support front, either.)"
Uuggh. That's inexcusable. This would have been a great game to utizilize Wii Speak.
(Jun. 03, 2009  4:35 AM)Roan Wrote: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/02/miyamo...-earliest/
http://thewiire.com/blog/post/6009-e3-09...-wii-zelda

"According to 1Up, Miyamoto's development team "wanted to focus on defining the concept for this Zelda iteration." It seems have been toying with dungeon designs and different gameplay elements like MotionPlus quite a bit. So, they determined that focusing on the game's development would take priority over an E3 demo. This doesn't say much about the progress of the game's development, however."

It is good to know that they're trying to develop new concepts for the game rather than rehashing older things.
(Jun. 03, 2009  4:22 PM)theredguy25 Wrote: Sadly, this Nintendo conference was still a little... eh. I do have to say, however, that they really went out of their way to make sure this would not be a repeat of last year.

Keep in mind that Nintendo's E3 2008 conference was a preemptive attack by Nintendo on Microsoft and Sony due to the rampant rumours regarding them unveiling motion controllers. This is why Motion+ was announced before the Microsoft press conference. Nintendo had to be ready for Microsoft and Sony to launch such a device, and thus, almost their entire conference was devoted towards the expanded market. But, in the end, neither company unveiled such a device (until this year). Nintendo was able to delay Motion+ until this summer and was glad to show their core market focused games at their media summit (or whatever it was called) later in the year.

Of course, all of the "hardcore" gamers cried "Nintendo has totally abandoned us! Aaaaaaah Wii Music is dumb, Wii Sports Resort noooo Nintendo doesn't care anymore! Where are our games?! noooooo 360/PS3 for life!". Their concerns were totally valid. I don't deny that the conference was really bad for gamers like us, but you have to understand Nintendo's position at the time.
(Jun. 04, 2009  2:00 AM)Kei Wrote: Of course, all of the "hardcore" gamers cried "Nintendo has totally abandoned us! Aaaaaaah Wii Music is dumb, Wii Sports Resort noooo Nintendo doesn't care anymore! Where are our games?! noooooo 360/PS3 for life!". Their concerns were totally valid. I don't deny that the conference was really bad for gamers like us, but you have to understand Nintendo's position at the time.

I will have to say the honest truth here, that is dumb if people say that, good games don't get made within a matter of days or months, it takes a long time so in the end moarning about it is not going to help make good games come out. So in all they should wait and stop complaining.
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.u...hp?id=8709

No way. XD

Thought I would post it hear since I didn't know where else to post it.
(Jul. 05, 2009  12:11 AM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.u...hp?id=8709

No way. XD

Thought I would post it hear since I didn't know where else to post it.

That is hideous. I'd be offended if I were her. lmao
(Jul. 05, 2009  6:45 AM)Roan Wrote: That is hideous. I'd be offended if I were her. lmao

Tell me about it. It says in the Nintendo book that my bro got that they simply dipped it in gold paint but they might have just been joking though I wouldn't put it past them if they did do that. There is also a Black one that is/has come out which I am not sure what to say with that one.
New super mario bros wii looks like it will be fun. I saw the nintendo channel video. Mario belongs a platformer.
Most Mario games are platformers. The only ones that aren't platformers are the obvious spinoffs.
Omg galaxy 2 and super mario bros.wii are coming out new year's eve!
That's a bad release date. Totally missing the Christmas rush.
I can't wait for Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story to come out here =D
(Jul. 19, 2009  11:46 PM)To Wrote: Most Mario games are platformers. The only ones that aren't platformers are the obvious spinoffs.

Doesn't platformer mean 2d scroller?

Quote:Omg galaxy 2 and super mario bros.wii are coming out new year's eve!

Every parent on this planet will say, "NO! You got enough stuff for christmas!". Unless your family gives new years presents...
Uh, no. Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sly Cooper are all considered platformers despite not being side scrollers.
Thx for clearing that up for me!