Nintendo 64

Ichida Wrote:The new Megaman Star Force isn't any better, either. They've established radio waves as the main plane of existence for battling upon. At least Battle Network was actually over the internet.

What? Does it take place in 1998?
Quote:The Mega Man franchise takes place in two separate timelines, one where robotic technology flourished and another where network technology prospered instead. The Battle Network series was placed in the network timeline, causing it to be completely disconnected from every other Mega Man series (Classic, X, Zero, ZX, and Legends). Mega Man Star Force explicitly states that it takes place approximately two-hundred years into the future of Battle Network, thus placing it into the network timeline.
... apparently radio signals are about to make a huge comeback?

Of course, I suppose it depends on your idea of a "radio" signal.
Ichida Wrote:You only think that because everyone's so used to the battle games that anything else seems innovative and interesting. Real Pokemon competitors like me are more than satisfied with battle. I don't have time to play a photography video game.

Hey now Ichida I think that Pokemon Snap is a wonderful game I wish I had that game for my 64. When I rented that game I played it for a long time and tried to get the best pics I could get. I wish they would make a sequel or even a third one with johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh you know how much money Game Freak would make if they made sequels to Pokemon Snap? Anyways....Pokemon Snap is really about observing pokemon and seeing how they live and stuff and besides the graphics back then were carp awesome =)
Now for Megaman I like Megaman 64. Why you may ask? good plot, good weapons and just well.....GOOD EVERYTHING!!! I wish I had Megaman 64 because of these reasons:

1. Megaman looked like Megaman.
2. You had this item where you could jump high.
3. Boss battles were great.
4. Good selection of weapons.
5. ITS MEGAMAN!!!!

also The voice overs were pretty good too and the Lego guys (bonnes I think their called) were really cool.
Litrid Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:You only think that because everyone's so used to the battle games that anything else seems innovative and interesting. Real Pokemon competitors like me are more than satisfied with battle. I don't have time to play a photography video game.

Hey now Ichida I think that Pokemon Snap is a wonderful game I wish I had that game for my 64. When I rented that game I played it for a long time and tried to get the best pics I could get. I wish they would make a sequel or even a third one with johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh you know how much money Game Freak would make if they made sequels to Pokemon Snap? Anyways....Pokemon Snap is really about observing pokemon and seeing how they live and stuff and besides the graphics back then were carp awesome =)

Psst. We've already chewed his carp out about this, but we thank you for further adding.
Sorry, I just had to revive this ...

N64 is my favourite Gaming system of all time. Everything about it from the logo to the quirky designed controllers is perfect to me. I had such good memories of this. I replay games often and they never get old. The games I own are:
- Super Smash Bros.
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time
- Pokemon Stadium
- Pokemon Snap
- F-Zero X
- Glover
- Rugrats in Paris (lol)
- Banjo Kazooie
My supply of games is limited, but some some of the best games ever made are in the list above. I didn't much like the original Super Smash Bros. since I played the GC version before buying the N64 one, it seemed a bit featureless to me. What can I say about Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time? Favourite game ever, it has such a magical story line. The Lost Woods theme tune makes me want to cry, aha. Looking back through this topic I hope Ichida has realised his stupid ways and gets himself some taste in games. Cool I hate the new Banjo Kazooie for 360, I think they completely wrecked it! I also used to own other games like Diddy Kong racing and Super Mario 64, I want to re buy them at some point. Virtual console isn't the same as owning your own N64, it feels cold.

I took out the the tray the hold the N64 game so it can play American and Japanese games, but I have yet to import any. Confused I want the Animal Crossing game for 64 called Animal Forest. I wont even understand it, I just want it for collectors value since I love the Animal Crossing series.

Just sharing my Nintendo 64 love on here ... <3
You could've made a new thread instead of bumping one nearly three years old.
It's probably better to use this thread, actually.

I think Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie were two of the best games I've ever played, even to this day. Completely agree that the update Banjo is wrong.
I feel the exact opposite in regards to the 64, it has the ugliest controller of a console I've ever owned, a miniscule library of games (quality or otherwise), and none of the games on the platfrom stand the test of time due to their hideous visuals.
(Jul. 11, 2010  9:27 PM)To Wrote: I feel the exact opposite in regards to the 64, it has the ugliest controller of a console I've ever owned, a miniscule library of games (quality or otherwise), and none of the games on the platfrom stand the test of time due to their hideous visuals.

hahahhadbajhfbakwfafwa

i sincerely doubt there is anyone who appreciates gaming who doesnt think super mario 64 / ocarina of time are one of the best games of all time, regardless of "hideous visuals".
(Jul. 11, 2010  10:44 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2010  9:27 PM)To Wrote: I feel the exact opposite in regards to the 64, it has the ugliest controller of a console I've ever owned, a miniscule library of games (quality or otherwise), and none of the games on the platfrom stand the test of time due to their hideous visuals.

hahahhadbajhfbakwfafwa

i sincerely doubt there is anyone who appreciates gaming who doesnt think super mario 64 / ocarina of time are one of the best games of all time, regardless of "hideous visuals".

There's more than just poorly aged visuals that negate Mario 64 from being the best of all time. Like the fact it has been bested by other platformers that have aged much more gracefully than it has. Most influential (of which Mario 64 would be) doesn't = the best.

In fact, if someone were to call Mario 64 the best game of all time, I'd think it would send the video game industry back a dozen years, as that would promote poor and cliche story telling (which is a culprit of every Mario game, which is why I they aren't my favourite games, when they should be).

I should mention that aged poorly isn't something tied only to the N64. The PlayStation suffers from that the same, if not worse, only that there is a sizable library of PS1 games that utilized 2D visuals that put the emphasis off the 3D which was lacking. The same goes for the 2D in the NES era of platforms. SNES/Genesis era was when 2D games reached a peak visually where they can stand the test of time, and I feel the Dreamcast/PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era was when 3D visuals reached that point (although the aliasing, my gosh the aliasing).
the N64 was what made me get into gaming and i thank it
Far from ugly, I think the first xbox pos takes that cake [then again to you didn't own that right ;]

I carping love the controller, its flipping awesome looking.

Honestly I also love the dual shock but the N64 could teach it ergonomics.
I'm partial to my PS which is my first console, but the N64 is special. so respect
N64 and Gameboy color defined my gaming childhood.

Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Mario Kart 64 are my three favorite titles on the system.
Do they have original beyblade games for the 64?
(Jul. 16, 2010  3:04 PM)VixterBykr Wrote: Do they have original beyblade games for the 64?

Nope..
Favorite system ever. My favorite games for it are:
TLOZ:MM
TLOZGaspoT
Paper Mario
Kirby (whatever it was called)
Mega Man 64
and the Pokemon Stadiums

I liked a ton of other games, too.

I thought the system had a great library of games and was an amazing system, but it was pretty much my first game system, so I may be a little biased. (Technically the NES was my first system, but I couldn't really get into those because they were hard and I suck and video games Tongue_out)

Anyway, I think the system and games aged amazingly well. The graphics were great for the time and people should be able to respect that.

To = a little picky, maybe?
super mario 64 is the best game ever Smile
(Jul. 11, 2010  8:44 PM)♥ Wrote: It's probably better to use this thread, actually.

I think Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie were two of the best games I've ever played, even to this day. Completely agree that the update Banjo is wrong.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE I LOVED BANJO TOOIE FAVORITE GAME EVER
good story line good gameplay good controls and is long
i hate it when games are short
the only thing a did not like was in banjo kazoiie how you had to collected the music notes to make it to the next level

the quizzes were the best i loved what color was the red barrel i laughed so hard at that
game designers should use this as a reference if they plan to make a good games