Nintendo 64

This system does not get enough love. I'm seriously thinking of picking one up soon, I think I'd use it more than any other system I could buy right now.

Just to list some awesome games for this system:

Diddy Kong Racing
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Goldeneye 007
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium (Lickitung Sushi Bar, man)
Wetrix (Best puzzle game ever made. Needs to be ported for DS)

I'm sure some of you have your own favourites. In its time, this system's games were absurdly expensive, but now they are inexpensive gems of time.
Don't forget Super Mario 64!
But yeah, I love this system. I have like lots of childhood memories involving the 64 so it's a classic.
I can't wait for Pokemon Stadium to come to the Wii.
ive still got mine in a closet somewhere. but i loved majora's mask. i kept playing it over and over. there was just so much to do in it!
I was playing Pokemon Snap the other day.

been working on getting a decent shot of Muk, but the bugger keeps turning away.. D:<
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I can't wait for Pokemon Stadium to come to the Wii.

Pokemon Battle Revolution?

SereneCrimson Wrote:I was playing Pokemon Snap the other day.

been working on getting a decent shot of Muk, but the bugger keeps turning away.. D:<

I played Snap for so many consecutive hours I developed an eye ulcer.
I mean like Pokemon Stadium for the virtual system thingy.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I mean like Pokemon Stadium for the virtual system thingy.

What would be the point? You couldn't use anything but rentals.
o you mean the virtual console? i dont think releasing old versions of pokemon stadium would be high on thier list, especially with the new pokemon battle revolution already out for the wii
My roommate brought his Nintendo 64. It is fun in a bun.
i also liked mario kart 64. used to play battle mode in block fort for ages. its was the best of all the battle levels
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game.

N64 overall kinda sucked, though.
Fleetscut Wrote:i also liked mario kart 64. used to play battle mode in block fort for ages. its was the best of all the battle levels

Get Mario Kart DS.

Artie Wrote:Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game.

Get out.
have mario kart DS. havent played in awhile though
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:i also liked mario kart 64. used to play battle mode in block fort for ages. its was the best of all the battle levels

Get Mario Kart DS.

Get out.

No, there were some great games. However, these "gems" came out months and months apart from each other, and it had virtually no 3rd-Party Support.

Sure we can look back and see all the good... but there was a whole lot of bad too lol.
Artie Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Get Mario Kart DS.

Get out.

No, there were some great games. However, these "gems" came out months and months apart from each other, and it had virtually no 3rd-Party Support.

Sure we can look back and see all the good... but there was a whole lot of bad too lol.

Welcome to "every Nintendo system that wasn't the DS".
Isn't it tragic that I never owned a SNES?
Tamer Brad Wrote:Isn't it tragic that I never owned a SNES?

I think its more tragic that I did own a SNES and didn't enjoy it very much.

Nintendo 64 was sort of... Weird. Personally I loved the system and I had a lot of good times playing games with my friends on it (Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart 64, etc. etc. etc.) but at the same time I thought it was kind of... Janky? The system itself is horrid looking and the controller... Ugh. Just ugh. I didn't like the controller then and I sure as hell don't like it now.

Brad, don't buy an N64. Sure its inexpensive and there are some good games to play, but its not worth it. If you really want to play all the good N64 games and play them with a better controller and better graphics, then go with a Wii. Virtual Console has pretty much all of the good games up already (OoT, Mario Kart, etc.) and I'm sure the ones that you want that aren't up yet will be soon. Not to mention you can also catch up on all of the supposedly great SNES games you missed. lol
I don't expect to see a lot of the games I want to play on the VC ever.

Also, I liked the N64 controller.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Also, I liked the N64 controller.

You're in a vast minority, my friend. lol
I am aware!

I mean, sure, it could've been improved, but I thought it worked well enough and it was kind of fun. Sure as hell beat the original PSX controller.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I mean like Pokemon Stadium for the virtual system thingy.

What would be the point? You couldn't use anything but rentals.

I only care about the minigames anyway.
Lickitung Sushi.