New, with 2 sons into beyblade burst

1. I’m new here and really new to beyblades. My 10 & 8 year old boys are into the “Burst” series. They’ve watched all the cartoons and own a few beys as well. I recently ordered my sons a Jormungand B-69 & a lost luinor B-66, which came with a Fafnir B-79. I battle with them every once and a while, so I decide to keep the B-79, as it wasn’t one my sons asked for or knew anything about... till we all researched it and watched some YouTube videos. I’m not big into beyblades, but it gives me something to bond with them. Any advice, tips, what and where to look for? I’m fine with Just the one, but would like to be able to help expand my boys collection.
Get the God triple booster or God customise set
First off, welcome! :) And it's great that you're getting involved in what your kids are interested in and want to learn more. Major props!

I think it's important to know that Burst series Beyblades are made by two companies: Takara-Tomy and Hasbro. These are incompatible and if you mix them, you will damage your parts. (The forge discs and frames, which are the middle parts of the Beyblades, can swap fine. It's the other parts that don't get along as well.)

The Beyblades you listed off, if those are the exact names, those should be the Hasbro ones (you may need to check their box to be sure). Many people here prefer Takara-Tomy, but there are still a number of people who get and like Hasbro. It's just important to not get mixed up from the information.

So for instance, Maximum Beys' suggestion of the God Triple Booster and God Customize Set , that's Takara-Tomy (TT for short). So if you already have Hasbro, unless you want separate collections or to switch companies, you don't want to buy those. (TT is the Japanese company who originally makes them, and they are further ahead in the anime/cartoon than the west.)

With that said, you will come across some other differences. For instance, the Takara-Tomy name for Lost Luinor is Lost Longinus. What Hasbro calls "Beyblade Burst Evolution" and "Switchstrike System", TT calls "Beyblade Burst God" and "God Layer System". Some parts function differently due to Hasbro making changes from TT's designs.

Anyway, I think that's some good information for getting started. It'll help you with sifting through the information out there. You might find it helpful to check out the Beyblade Burst Hasbro product list in the wiki and to read the Burst System wiki page.

If there's any specific questions you have, feel free to ask.
Thanks! The ones I ordered are TT’s, I was actually wondering about the name differences, as were my boys. They’re still headed this way, as I bought them off eBay and are coming from overseas. My kiddos did want me to ask about stadiums. They have, what I’m assuming is the standard, blue plastic stadium they picked up at Wal-Mart. Everything they currently have is Hasbro. They battle their friends from school a lot as well. They’ve found the frames, drivers, & tops they like from what they own. Is there a place, other than eBay to purchase single parts, and TT would probably be preferable. From what the three of us have gathered through YouTube, TT is the way to go.
Alright, good! I wasn't sure since you had both the Hasbro names and the TT numberings. Cool that I solved the naming mystery for you.

Here's TT's product list in the wiki, if you find it helpful to poke through. This page is specifically for the God Layer System parts, and I know I refer to it a lot. That will help with deciphering a lot of the abbreviations people use.

The Beyblade Standard-Type stadium by Takara-Tomy is fairly universally considered the best stadium, by TT and Hasbro fans alike, and it's the only one allowed in WBO Burst competitions. It's been re-released multiple times, as B-09, B-33, and some special ones. There are some set releases that include it, such as B-08, B-18, B-38, B-76, and the new B-107. It's the one you're seeing in all the videos, usually being white or black with the clear shielding all around.

eBay is probably the best place to find individual pieces, or even take a look at the marketplace here on the forum, but really, you'll probably be buying a lot of whole Beyblades to get the parts you want. Some layers (the top piece) are sold by themselves, so those are the ones you're most likely to find by themselves, I'd say.

If it helps with the wallet, pvccard.expert and skyliners2012 are some Hong Kong sellers who get recommended here, and I've had good experience with pvccard.expert myself. Then, you can be sure to get a cheap price while also avoiding counterfeits. If you want something faster, you can pay higher from someone like 88powerpig88 or 2011sizemore, who are some recommended US sellers.

I would definitely take a look at if the God Customize Set seems good. It has a lot of parts (4 beys' worth) for around $50-$80 USD, depending on where you buy it. You already have the Drain Fafnir layer, which is also in this set, but it's a good deal for the many highly competitive parts in it. The WBO has a video on it here, so you can get a good look at it. (Though what it says on Ark Bahamut is outdated, as more recently found to be awesome and is killing it in recent tournaments.)
Individual parts are tricky to find unless the part was either sold as a solo item (e.g. layers sold in a random layer collection) or is incredibly rare (e.g. limited edition parts that are expensive and incredibly hard to find). Outside of that, most tops are sold individually in boosters (no launcher included), starters (come with a small launcher that's not very good), Random Boosters (no launcher, and you get 1 out of 8 possible preset outcomes), and multi-bey sets (most have 3 beys, one of the newer and better ones has 4. Some come with a string launcher, some don't).

All of them are easily found on Ebay or Amazon, and although Ebay tends to be cheaper, you need to keep a bigger eye out for scammers there. If you need any help finding fakes, there's a "how to find fakes" guide pinned to the top of the Beyblade General section of the forums here that should tell you what you need to know.

For stadiums, the Hasbro stadiums tend to favor Defense and Stamina from what I know of them, so attack types are at a stark disadvantage most of the time. If you can find one, a Takara-Tomy B-09 stadium is the most well-rounded stadium that's well balanced for any type of combination and doesn't favor anyone.

If you want Takara Tomy tops, that's all fine, but don't forget that Hasbro Beyblades can't use Takara-Tomy drivers or vice-versa, so only the metal forge disks are cross-compatible. The two series also have some stark differences due to small design changes from Hasbro (e.g. TT's Dark Deathscyther was powerful enough to be tournament banned, but Hasbro's Doomscizor D2 is pitifully weak). Although the Basic and Dual Layer systems were much more powerful on Takara-Tomy's side, Hasbro's catching up with the Switchstrike system and equaling them in power, so it's your call whether you wish to switch or stay.
Actually, I would say Amazon isn't safer than eBay. If you're not buying from Amazon the company directly (which you likely won't be with Takara-Tomy beys) then you are playing the same game as eBay with third-party sellers. The benefit of eBay is that we have sellers people have experience with and share, and I've yet to see that with Amazon.

Having dealt with being scammed on Amazon before, I know Amazon has some good money-back guarantees, but I'd rather have my beys the first time.
If you're interested in buying TT beyblades, here's a short list of trusted sellers from eBay:
pvccard.expert
88powerpig88
buzztoy2007
supermonskey
saito.toyz
toysgotw
skyliners2012
koreantoyshop
aicmini
As 234 mentioned, koreantoyshop is really good. I bought my random booster Set vol.9 with Beat Kukulcan there and it wasnt expensive compared to the prices of each bey alone. And even my best friend who knows much about buying and selling because of his work, says that it's one of the Best sellers on eBay.
Yeah, I think that's something else to note. There are the random boosters, which either have a whole bey or just the layer, but what you get is randomized. Lots of inexperienced buyers mistakenly think the box comes with the specified "prize Beyblade" or the whole set from the image. Make sure you read what you're buying carefully.

People do sell the random booster parts by themselves, so then you can get specific ones, but then they usually come out a little more expensive (though often worth it if you only want 1 or 2 from the set).

It's good to see people confirming koreantoyshop! I haven't seen anyone confirm that seller yet, and it's good to have more trusted options.
(Mar. 28, 2018  1:01 AM)Beyblader_Dad Wrote:
  1. I’m new here and really new to beyblades. My 10 & 8 year old boys are into the “Burst” series. They’ve watched all the cartoons and own a few beys as well. I recently ordered my sons a Jormungand B-69 & a lost luinor B-66, which came with a Fafnir B-79. I battle with them every once and a while, so I decide to keep the B-79, as it wasn’t one my sons asked for or knew anything about... till we all researched it and watched some YouTube videos. I’m not big into beyblades, but it gives me something to bond with them. Any advice, tips, what and where to look for? I’m fine with Just the one, but would like to be able to help expand my boys collection.

I see...
For starters, you should get a triple booster (Speed Set, Heavy Set, God Customize, etc.) since it comes with 3 beys and a string launcher. They cost around 30-35 USD, so it shouldn't be that much.
my advice

with two kids,
buy two of everything good

just do it up front
to avoid the 2nd order EMS shipping Smile
(Mar. 29, 2018  2:56 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2018  1:01 AM)Beyblader_Dad Wrote:

I see...
For starters, you should get a triple booster (Speed Set, Heavy Set, God Customize, etc.) since it comes with 3 beys and a string launcher. They cost around 30-35 USD, so it shouldn't be that much.

God customise set doesn't come with launchers.
Do they have Victory Valkyrie because if they don’t it might be good to get it because....
1. main characters bey
2. Tip is awesome, goes super fast when used a lot (aka worn) and most kids like stuff that goes fast.
(Mar. 29, 2018  9:43 AM)Bersilus Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2018  2:56 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: I see...

God customise set doesn't come with launchers.

Yeah, might as well point that out
Welcome to the WBO I hope you have a blademazeing day and year
I know no one has mentioned this yet, but be wary of listings on eBay. There is currently a flood of fake listings for legitimate products. In these listings they will have real pictures of the product but at a too good to be true price. After buying them the seller's account is usually shut down and you're left to contact eBay for a refund. 

A good solution would be to buy from only trustworthy sellers. @[234] already provided a list of reputable sellers a few posts ago.