New to Beyblade

Greetings, my name is Darion and I just recently learned and am getting into beyblade. I'm 19 years old and currently live in upstate New York. I'm looking for people to play bayblade with and learn more about the game, I've ordered a few beyblade burst sets from walmart and bought a 4d set as well. I work in a game store called Kirwans Game Store, we are located in Catskill, NY. I already have a few friends interested in the game but we need more of a following to do tournaments and stuff like that. I found worldbeyblade.org while doing some research about the game, any insight on the game and the community would be fantastic!
Hey RealDeal! Welcome to the WBO. Smile It's great that you're getting into Beyblade - it's an amazing game that requires all of skill, luck and basic knowledge. To start off..

We have the Beyblade Wikia! General knowledge about specific Beyblades and parts and basically everything is on there. The Mentors' Circle is also very useful. You'll be able to get started off of Beyblade. Feel free to check it out. Smile

If you're interested in competitive combos, this thread will do. We have a range of customizations for Beyblade Burst, MFB, and so on! It's good to start memorizing competitive combos and start to know the basics of each part and how well it performs in battle. Having this basic mindset can definitely help you out in creating a sufficient combo in any situation. This thread can definitely help you out as well. Once you get more Beyblades or parts, you can post them on there and ask for combos.

As for tournaments, you're in NY - lucky! As for in New York, you can check out the North America section for tournaments! Just search up your city and threads will pop up. Feel free to post a comment and let people know that you're interested in meeting up or you can ask for tournaments!

If you're interested in hosting one, reading the rules is a must. This will provide you the basic rules of Beyblade and of course, rules that everyone should follow. Here, we also have the Event Guide, which states the basics of a hosting a tournament and formats.

And lastly, if you have any questions, ask them here! As for questions regards to the WBO, click here.

I hoped I helped and good luck! Joyful_3 If you have any further questions, let me know or let anyone else on here know. Smile Enjoy your time on here.
Welcome to the WBO! Cool to hear that you work in a game store. I will PM you a bit later to tell you more about us and the community here Smile

You said you ordered Beyblade Burst from Walmart? This would be huge news to us since for what we know so far Hasbro's Beyblade Burst is exclusive to Toys R Us Canada until 2017.
All I did was go on walmart.com and type in beyblade burst and it showed everything they had.
Oh, I see. Walmart allows external businesses to list items on their website, so you actually ordered from an importer who listed their Japanese Beyblades there Smile
I'm guessing the beyblades are still real then, right?
Yes, definitely! But the Layer and Drivers aren't compatible with Hasbro Burst.
(Sep. 14, 2016  6:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, definitely! But the Layer and Drivers aren't compatible with Hasbro Burst.

So what I'm putting together is Hasbro Burst and the Japanese Burst aren't compatible to interchange?
(Sep. 14, 2016  10:10 PM)Speedy Hatake Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2016  6:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, definitely! But the Layer and Drivers aren't compatible with Hasbro Burst.

So what I'm putting together is Hasbro Burst and the Japanese Burst aren't compatible to interchange?

Yes. Nice pun btw with "putting together". Was that intended? Because that was comedic genius.
The Launchers and Disks work identically, but the a Hasbro Layer can't work with a TT Driver and vice versa.
(Sep. 14, 2016  10:33 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2016  10:10 PM)Speedy Hatake Wrote:

Yes. Nice pun btw with "putting together". Was that intended? Because that was comedic genius.

Hehe Joyful_2 I was hoping someone caught that! So next question, which brand is better for competitive? Or both are the same?
Also I've been to toys r us, Walmart and target and saw no Bey products. Have they not hit US store yet or online online?
(Sep. 14, 2016  11:33 PM)Speedy Hatake Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2016  10:33 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2016  10:10 PM)Speedy Hatake Wrote: So what I'm putting together is Hasbro Burst and the Japanese Burst aren't compatible to interchange?

Hehe Joyful_2 I was hoping someone caught that! So next question, which brand is better for competitive? Or both are the same?
Also I've been to toys r us, Walmart and target and saw no Bey products. Have they not hit US store yet or online online?

Both brands are the same but they perform slightly different - Hasbro Burst beys have the tendency to Burst less than TT and this puts a toll in the metagame. Because of this, we don't allow Hasbro Burst beys to go against TT in tournaments and such until further testing.

As for them hitting the US stores, not yet. The official release date for Beyblade Burst to hit the US is January 2017.
(Sep. 14, 2016  11:42 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2016  10:33 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: Yes. Nice pun btw with "putting together". Was that intended? Because that was comedic genius.

Both brands are the same but they perform slightly different - Hasbro Burst beys have the tendency to Burst less than TT and this puts a toll in the metagame. Because of this, we don't allow Hasbro Burst beys to go against TT in tournaments and such until further testing.

As for them hitting the US stores, not yet. The official release date for Beyblade Burst to hit the US is January 2017.

Hmmm I see... I noticed the Hasbro line doesn't have the "teeth" feature like TT Beys. Is that the reasoning behind the burst difference? Also, I know small battles won't take to harsh for the difference, but for WBO tournaments will I have to invest in both brands? Or will there be a split standing rule? As in TT battles TT and Hasbro battles Hasbro
(Sep. 15, 2016  1:33 AM)Speedy Hatake Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2016  11:33 PM)Speedy Hatake Wrote: Hehe Joyful_2 I was hoping someone caught that! So next question, which brand is better for competitive? Or both are the same?

Hmmm I see... I noticed the Hasbro line doesn't have the "teeth" feature like TT Beys. Is that the reasoning behind the burst difference? Also, I know small battles won't take to harsh for the difference, but for WBO tournaments will I have to invest in both brands? Or will there be a split standing rule? As in TT battles TT and Hasbro battles Hasbro

Yes, that is certainly the reason why. It's the slopes that are in Hasbro that is making a difference in performance.

And as for WBO tournaments, we are still underway of that. Discussing whether we should having separate tournaments strictly for Hasbro, etc.

Edit: I believe that, as of now, Hasbro Burst beys are banned from being used in WBO tournaments with TT Burst beys.

EDIT: If you are wanting to participate in Burst format tournaments, you would need to use TT Burst beys for now.
Ugh! Why does Hasbro have to be different!? Angry Hmph well I guess I'll have to invest in a little of both haha thanks Brisk AquarioHD!
(Sep. 15, 2016  1:53 AM)Speedy Hatake Wrote: Ugh! Why does Hasbro have to be different!? Angry Hmph well I guess I'll have to invest in a little of both haha thanks Brisk AquarioHD!

I know! ;A; Everyone's quite disappointed but IMO it's not THAT bad. xD And of course! Have a balance with both. Smile

And no problem. Joyful_3
(Sep. 14, 2016  10:33 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: Yes. Nice pun btw with "putting together". Was that intended? Because that was comedic genius.

Whoa, this is going a bit too far I think. We don't allow them in our tournaments yet because they took us by surprise and we don't know yet whether or not they will be approved in our tournaments. We hope to make a final decision soon.

It's not really taking a toll on the metagame and I would say that the only Beyblades that have a tendency to burst less are ones that bursted so easily in TT's rendition that they were useless.
Ah, my mistake. Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't necessarily mean for it to take a toll on the metagame - it's just that H Burst will affect the metagame somehow if we used them against TT. But of course, I agree with what you said.
I see I see *sigh* so much happening and all I want to do is...... Let it rip ????? eyyyy