[New York, NY] Spur of the Moment

Date: Sunday, January 2nd, 2011
Location: Union Square by the George Washington statue (subject to change)
Hour: 1:00pm (may change with location)
If you plan on attending, please PM me for the cell phone number to avoid any complications.

Location will only change if an indoor host is found. Please read the post for further details (includes transportation solution).

Players:
Cye
Bluezee
Deikailo
Shaun
Khomari
Dragoon51

Hey, just letting you guys know Bluezee, Redcom, Cye, a few others, and I are doing a tournment somewhere in Manhattan or Jersey on Sunday. We don't know yet, but since I have a car, I'll be shuttling bladers from wherever to wherever because transportation seems to always be an issue. If you have a suggestion to where we can go, post it or else we'll probably do the usual Union Square (if the stands are gone) or else Central Park.

I'm not into Beyblade as much as I used to, but since I have the time and resources right now, I'd like to help if there's any interest.

I've got a spare unopened Libra so that's the prize. Might do more prizes depending on who comes and what I can find.

I'm not quite sure what rules have changed since I left, but I figure I'd let you know that something is in the works. I don't plan on checking on this thread so frequently nor do I plan on pushing people to go so please feel free to email me or get my phone number from Cye if you have any questions or suggestions.

And sure, before anybody tries to pin me for last year, yes, you're right.
hey im in for the tournament if u allow me & wut date is it in?
(Dec. 30, 2010  1:10 PM)LILHOBOHUNTER Wrote: hey im in for the tournament if u allow me & wut date is it in?
It's going to be on Sunday. I'm looking into finding an indoor venue considering the current weather so please bear with me until I can find an appropriate hour and location. Past that, if you need my phone number to contact me for any reason, PM me and I'll give that to you.
(Dec. 30, 2010  5:32 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2010  1:10 PM)LILHOBOHUNTER Wrote: hey im in for the tournament if u allow me & wut date is it in?
It's going to be on Sunday. I'm looking into finding an indoor venue considering the current weather so please bear with me until I can find an appropriate hour and location. Past that, if you need my phone number to contact me for any reason, PM me and I'll give that to you.

sure this sunday or nxt week sunday? and why dont yoy put this in upcoming event for we can get more bladers to join ? Joyful_3 srry for alll those question and if u have any new update on the tournament pm or reply here ok ? thankies
btw i live in Bronx new york
(Dec. 30, 2010  6:34 PM)LILHOBOHUNTER Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2010  5:32 PM)Deikailo Wrote:

sure this sunday or nxt week sunday? and why dont yoy put this in upcoming event for we can get more bladers to join ? Joyful_3 srry for alll those question and if u have any new update on the tournament pm or reply here ok ? thankies
btw i live in Bronx new york
This Sunday, but I may consider doing a repeat for a different Saturday sometime this month. I'm trying to get Toys 'R' Us to host an event so we don't have to freeze, but it's unfortunate that the vender who would coordinate events like these is out for the holidays so it may not happen unless I can sell the managers on the idea tomorrow when I approach them in person.

Other than that, I think default location would be Union Square as usual. I'll bring donuts and hot chocolate from Duncan Donuts so we can stay warm. Smile

Can I post this in upcoming events? I thought that was something the moderators/admins have to do.
Well, its official then. I really need another Libra too. I'll call you tomorrow and let you know what's up but as far as its looking, I will be there for sure.
(Dec. 30, 2010  7:11 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Well, its official then. I really need another Libra too. I'll call you tomorrow and let you know what's up but as far as its looking, I will be there for sure.
If you want, I'll pick you up along the way since I have to get Sal from south jersey anyway. Fronting for gas will be cheaper and easier than the train.
(Dec. 30, 2010  8:08 PM)dragoon51 Wrote: its going to be this sunday?
Yup, this Sunday.
um hey. I have to go to church that day. Can we change it to the 17th, or maybe have another one that day.
What are prizes( aside form Libra)
(Dec. 30, 2010  9:41 PM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: um hey. I have to go to church that day. Can we change it to the 17th, or maybe have another one that day.
What are prizes( aside form Libra)
If you can't make it, no big deal, you guys host tournaments all the time, right? There's like, two other threads for tournaments.
uh yeah... about that. The committe decided that only Cye and Bluzee can host tourneys form what I've heard
is it passport only ? or can we pay entire
i wanna bey battle bluezee Joyful_2 XD
Me and my son are interested in attending. Open invite also if you folks can get to long island I have access to a meeting room and hall only problem is I am in long island.
fill me in on the location and i will be there
(Dec. 30, 2010  11:21 PM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: uh yeah... about that. The committe decided that only Cye and Bluzee can host tourneys form what I've heard
Well, both of them are going to be there. I'm more or less just making the phone calls to see my friends. I'm altogether not overly concerned about who is in control of the tournament, I'm more concerned about doing something productive.

(Dec. 30, 2010  11:55 PM)LILHOBOHUNTER Wrote: is it passport only ? or can we pay entire
From what I know, passport is only sanctioned tournaments and this isn't sanctioned.

And just to reiterate, you're coming, correct? If yes, I'll add you to the list.

(Dec. 31, 2010  12:08 AM)ikmv Wrote: Me and my son are interested in attending. Open invite also if you folks can get to long island I have access to a meeting room and hall only problem is I am in long island.
Where on Long Island? It's a huge area. Depending on who Khomari is bringing and what I can do about Toys 'R' Us, this may be a good solution if it's not far outside the city. I'm from Long Island as well so I am familiar with the area.
(Dec. 31, 2010  1:44 AM)dragoon51 Wrote: fill me in on the location and i will be there
Right now, it's just Union Square. I'm looking into convincing Toys 'R' Us in Times Square to host it and considering they demo many of their toys, they may share an interest in it. Since many people are there for the holidays, it would be a great way for them to push impulse buys.
sounds goood i may be able to bring a freind i will tell him about this
(Dec. 30, 2010  11:55 PM)LILHOBOHUNTER Wrote: is it passport only ? or can we pay entire

I am quite eager to battle you as well=)
I highly suggest everyone PMing me to get my phone number to avoid any potention complications. Surely you've all heard about the trouble with the trains since the blizzard so communication is essential.

Bluezee, can you bring Karice?
i might not come since it is this sunday if it was next sunday i could go why don't you make it next sunday since this is such short notice not many bladers will be able to come then we will have a greater and bigger turnout
(Dec. 31, 2010  3:01 AM)TheSilverBlader Wrote: i might not come since it is this sunday if it was next sunday i could go why don't you make it next sunday since this is such short notice not many bladers will be able to come then we will have a greater and bigger turnout
Because I have business close to NYC so I want to see my friends while I'm in the area. As I've said before, there's nothing preventing anyone from doing another tournament later in the month.

If I delayed it to next Sunday for you, I'd have people saying the exact same thing the following week. It doesn't matter when it is, there will always be people who can make it or a change of plans.
(Dec. 31, 2010  1:45 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2010  11:21 PM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: uh yeah... about that. The committe decided that only Cye and Bluzee can host tourneys form what I've heard
Well, both of them are going to be there. I'm more or less just making the phone calls to see my friends. I'm altogether not overly concerned about who is in control of the tournament, I'm more concerned about doing something productive.

From what I know, passport is only sanctioned tournaments and this isn't sanctioned.

And just to reiterate, you're coming, correct? If yes, I'll add you to the list.

(Dec. 31, 2010  12:08 AM)ikmv Wrote: Me and my son are interested in attending. Open invite also if you folks can get to long island I have access to a meeting room and hall only problem is I am in long island.
Where on Long Island? It's a huge area. Depending on who Khomari is bringing and what I can do about Toys 'R' Us, this may be a good solution if it's not far outside the city. I'm from Long Island as well so I am familiar with the area.
(Dec. 31, 2010  1:44 AM)dragoon51 Wrote: fill me in on the location and i will be there
Right now, it's just Union Square. I'm looking into convincing Toys 'R' Us in Times Square to host it and considering they demo many of their toys, they may share an interest in it. Since many people are there for the holidays, it would be a great way for them to push impulse buys.
hehe hells yea im coming Joyful_3 haha
(Dec. 31, 2010  2:13 AM)Bluezee Wrote:

I am quite eager to battle you as well=)

haha ok then so lets bey battle when the day comes my friend Joyful_3
i think i can make it my brother said maybe
also pm me if the location changes please
(Dec. 31, 2010  5:24 AM)TheSilverBlader Wrote: i think i can make it my brother said maybe
Do you have a cell phone? Either way, if you want to PM me for mine to avoid any complications, feel free, but I think Bluezee will be running this one. Either way, I can relay messages.
(Dec. 31, 2010  5:26 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2010  5:24 AM)TheSilverBlader Wrote: i think i can make it my brother said maybe
Do you have a cell phone? Either way, if you want to PM me for mine to avoid any complications, feel free, but I think Bluezee will be running this one. Either way, I can relay messages.

yes i have a cell phone and i met bluezee so it would be cool to have him as a host for the tournment