New WBO Community Rules

Please check out the new rules as they've been updated big-time:

http://worldbeyblade.org/thread-3152.html

Comments on them can be posted here.
Now I get it...I couldn't understand last time as I was reading it wrong Pinching_eyes wake up Ashley!
Quote:Profanity (we'll just replace it with "carp")
Oh dear. I liked how before it was allowed in the right context.......:\
It'll save us a lot of trouble in the long run.
Question, if you swear then do you get a warning? Or is it just replaced?
BTW on some stuff this "carp" thing is hilarious
http://www.worldbeyblade.org/thread-1031-page-12.html
Awww, we can't cuss anymore =( BTW you missed a word. This one>>( f----d). This makes the random thoughts much less fun to post in but oh well.
Not a bad idea Brad, nor a bad collection of rules. I hope it works out and keeps this place clean!
Censorship?
What the gently caress is this poo poo? Tongue_out_wink
carp

other than the boring word filter, cool i guess
(Feb. 15, 2009  9:29 PM)Crimson Wrote: Censorship?
What the gently caress is this poo poo? Tongue_out_wink

It's not something I'm necessarily happy about doing, but there are lots of young kids joining up lately so I figure this is for the best.
Yeah, I agree with these rules. They'll help keep the site clean.
Just wondering though, when swearing or w/e can we put the first letter of the word then stars or random symbols to replace the other letters or does it always have to be 'carp'.
it's going to stay carp because it's annoying and should therefore discourage the use of swearing
word filter is pretty carpin lame

apparently the filter doesn't work on carpin

carp
(Feb. 16, 2009  1:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: it's going to stay carp because it's annoying and should therefore discourage the use of swearing

i dunno carp is kinda funny imo

my only wish is that verbs get conjugated. i want carp to be carping
I agree.
(Feb. 16, 2009  1:48 AM)Artie Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2009  1:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: it's going to stay carp because it's annoying and should therefore discourage the use of swearing

i'm going to work on this
I think it's a good idea (filter) because there probably will be tons of little kids coming soon.
(Feb. 16, 2009  1:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2009  1:48 AM)Artie Wrote:

i'm going to work on this

i am also willing to donate my valuable time for specific curse replacements
great idea and i agree.
but..i heared someone saying carp before in this forums.....maybe kenny in one of his stories?
(Feb. 16, 2009  8:51 AM)pegasis Wrote: great idea and i agree.
but..i heared someone saying carp before in this forums.....maybe kenny in one of his stories?

yes, "ginta said carp"
There are some words that get through it though, it does bring out how much we swear XD
Damn gets thru, But IDK if that one counts as swearing?(sorry if it does)
(Feb. 16, 2009  9:01 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Damn gets thru, But IDK if that one counts as swearing?(sorry if it does)

it doesn't
Should we have a topic were we see if words get through, in some sort of staff only forum then remove the forum? And take out of the words.
(Feb. 16, 2009  9:06 PM)Giga Wrote: Should we have a topic were we see if words get through, in some sort of staff only forum then remove the forum? And take out of the words.

Don't worry so much about it. I'll take care of it.