New Here

I guess the polite thing to do would be to introduce myself here before I start posting about the place. I haven't really been into Beyblade since I was a kid, now in my 20's other hobbies have come and gone, however my interest was recently reinvigorated looking at the new blades coming out of Japan, and looking at the battle strikers brand that my nephew is having so much fun with.

I will admit my interest in them is now from a much more mature angle, in my spare time I race petrol powered RC cars, which involves a lot of tweaking of engines and trying to push the potential of said car further. It also involves a lot of compromising one aspect of the car to improve another, and trying to tune the car to take full advantage of the drivers strengths whilst trying to nullify their weaknesses. Really however my interests lie more in the Physics side of things rather than the Engineering side and coming back to Beyblade has put my brain into a higher gear thinking about how to improve and tweak a blade to make Physics work to its advantage. I see a lot of similarities between those two, and I look forward to some engaging discussions on the subject.

A little about me I guess, I'm currently at uni studying Environmental Science, I live in the UK, I'm 20 years old. In terms of Beyblades I probably have some old parts I could dig out, not that they would be able to compete with the newer models. No newer models as yet however I did purchase a Battle Strikers Dragonblaze, and I'm already starting to think of ways I could tweak this device to try and increase the performance. Aside from my already listed hobbies I'm half decent with photoshop and I enjoy making (and drinking) home-brew beers.

I look forward to getting to know you guys and like I said I hope we can engage in some deep discussions for the mutual benefit and understanding of the sport.
Welcome to the WBO! One of the best introductions I've read in a while. Smile

If you're interested in engaging in some deep discussions about the game, first be sure to read through articles on Beywiki. There is a lot of good content on there. Sadly, not much on the MFB yet; I should be writing a couple this month though hopefully. There is also plenty of threads scattered around the Beyblade forums that may be of interest, just take sometime and look around.

Additionally, you mentioned your interest in the physics aspect of the game, so this thread on Physics by one of our members, Nic may be of interest to you. However, it was left incomplete, I believe.
You are a creative guy, nice to meet you...
Welcome and have fun
welcome!
have Fun!
you seem really intellegent, you'll pick up the beyblade system really quickly here at the wbo.
theres loads of members here living in the uk and some tournaments taking place
anyway, welcome and enjoy your stay.
(Dec. 03, 2009  5:47 AM)JC065 Wrote: I enjoy making (and drinking) home-brew beers.

hah sweet XD anyway welcome to the wbo