New Beyblade Dudes Asking About Beyblade Breakages

My little brother and I are pretty new to Beyblade. A few months ago, my little brother saw the TV show, and ordered a Kerbeus K2 Beyblade a stadium and gifted me a Zeutron Z2 Beyblade. I used to play with the Metal Fusion toys when I was his age and I thought i had long grown out of it and was a thing in the past I had never thought about after it had passed, but my brother proved me wrong. Now, I play Beyblade with him most every day.

What sparked my question is that I purchased a Doomscizor D2 in order to bolster my collection to match my brother’s as he had already added three new spinning tops in the forms of Kerbeus K1, Horusood H2, and Wyvron W3.

After purchasing my Doomscizor, I read up on it on the Beyblade wiki, which stated that the Energy Layer was notorious for breaking. Lo and behold, it broke about a month after I made my purchase.

I’m concerned about breakages as this has me and my brother somewhat paranoid that other Energy Layers may start cracking, so here are my questions:

1. What is the general consensus across all Energy Layers in terms of breakages? Are most sturdy and Doomscizor D2 was just an odd one out, or do they all break eventually?

2a. Are any of our remaining layers, those being Kerbeus K1, Kerbeus K2, Horusood H2, Wyvron W3, and Zeutron Z2, subject to breakages?

2b. We have a Winning Valkyrie and a Legend Spryzen coming in the mail. Are those subject to breakages?

2c. Little bruh really likes the look of Guardian Kerbeus. Does that Energy Layer break?
I'll answer as much as I think I can. I'm sure others will fill in the rest.

1. The wiki usually does a good job highlighting this stuff for the worst cases. I think since we're dealing with plastic smashing into plastic, which isn't the most durable substance in the world, there's no guarantees that things will last forever. But you know, keep the beys in a stadium (not launching on concrete or anything) and enjoy.

2b. You have a couple possibilities for breakage here, though not the way I think you expect.
* Don't mix TT layers and drivers with Hasbro energy layers and performance tips. They will end up damaged.
* Don't use Winning Valkyrie's 12 disc unless a frame is on it. It is sharp and can easily cause damage. Happened to me, and I don't want it to happen to anyone else. (I just set my 12 off to the side because I don't find it useful anyway.)

2c. I've heard of the chains on TT's Guardian Kerbeus breaking, but I can't remember much about that at the moment.
D2 (and Takara version Dark Deathscyther) is most vulnerable beyblade layer as I know.

I've broken two of them, bought third one (because it's very strong) and left in spare box, never using.

Others are OK, just be careful with Guardian Kerbeus, orange movable parts at side did break to many people, especially if played against agressive beyblades like Legend Spriggan. Talking about Takara now.
The breaking issue was/is quite a problem with Takara Tomy beys, not so much with Hasbro (softer plastic is used).
Doomscizor D2 has a bit of a questionable design (the black & clear parts), connections are very thin and prone to break.

The other beyblades you've listed are pretty durable, I don't know about any of these breaking frequently. Guardian Kerbeus on the other hand seems to have a bigger problem. The orange/black parts (depending on which one you have) that are meant to absorb shocks seem to break off quite often.
I have mine since release and it is absolutely fine, but I haven't broken any of my Burst beys yet, although I'm using them a lot.

Dual Layer beys like V2, Z2, I2, D2 etc. suffered from breakage, but Hasbro fixed them in their releases (still D2 has a bad design).
The God Series is better, there aren't that many things that tend to break, so you should be fine.

It's definitely not the case that every bey will break eventually. Depends on how often you use them, the design and maybe some production aspects. But I wouldn't worry that much. You're good with what you have and also with Winning Valkyrie and Legend Spryzen.
And if you'd like to get Guardian Kerbeus and have the money for the set: Get it. I can recommend it, Galaxy Zeus is great, Guardian Kerbeus is great, you get a golden Heavy, a Revolve driver, 4 & Meteor and a funky Mad Minoboros. I like it.

PS: Oh yeah, as Frostic Fox said: Use a frame on Winning Valkyrie, the 12 disc seems to work like a chainsaw.
(Jun. 21, 2018  8:22 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I'll answer as much as I think I can. I'm sure others will fill in the rest.

1. The wiki usually does a good job highlighting this stuff for the worst cases. I think since we're dealing with plastic smashing into plastic, which isn't the most durable substance in the world, there's no guarantees that things will last forever. But you know, keep the beys in a stadium (not launching on concrete or anything) and enjoy.

2b. You have a couple possibilities for breakage here, though not the way I think you expect.
* Don't mix TT layers and drivers with Hasbro energy layers and performance tips. They will end up damaged.
* Don't use Winning Valkyrie's 12 disc unless a frame is on it. It is sharp and can easily cause damage. Happened to me, and I don't want it to happen to anyone else. (I just set my 12 off to the side because I don't find it useful anyway.)

2c. I've heard of the chains on TT's Guardian Kerbeus breaking, but I can't remember much about that at the moment.

Thank you for the information. I’ll keep in mind not to mix Hasbro and Tomy and I’ll be sure to warn my brother about that Forge Disc.

(Jun. 21, 2018  8:24 PM)iiggoor Wrote: D2 (and Takara version Dark Deathscyther) is most vulnerable beyblade layer as I know.

I've broken two of them, bought third one (because it's very strong) and left in spare box, never using.

Others are OK, just be careful with Guardian Kerbeus, orange movable parts at side did break to many people, especially if played against agressive beyblades like Legend Spriggan. Talking about Takara now.

Thank you for the information. Since Tomy Beyblades seem to have more of a tendency to break and the wiki says nothing about a Guardian Kerbeus Hasbro release, is there any news or information on when a Hasbro Guardian Kerbeus release? From what I have been told, Hasbro Beyblades seem to generally be made better. Is this assumption usually correct?

(Jun. 21, 2018  8:26 PM)Howaitonekon Wrote: The breaking issue was/is quite a problem with Takara Tomy beys, not so much with Hasbro (softer plastic is used).
Doomscizor D2 has a bit of a questionable design (the black & clear parts), connections are very thin and prone to break.

The other beyblades you've listed are pretty durable, I don't know about any of these breaking frequently. Guardian Kerbeus on the other hand seems to have a bigger problem. The orange/black parts (depending on which one you have) that are meant to absorb shocks seem to break off quite often.
I have mine since release and it is absolutely fine, but I haven't broken any of my Burst beys yet, although I'm using them a lot.

Dual Layer beys like V2, Z2, I2, D2 etc. suffered from breakage, but Hasbro fixed them in their releases (still D2 has a bad design).
The God Series is better, there aren't that many things that tend to break, so you should be fine.

It's definitely not the case that every bey will break eventually. Depends on how often you use them, the design and maybe some production aspects. But I wouldn't worry that much. You're good with what you have and also with Winning Valkyrie and Legend Spryzen.
And if you'd like to get Guardian Kerbeus and have the money for the set: Get it. I can recommend it, Galaxy Zeus is great, Guardian Kerbeus is great, you get a golden Heavy, a Revolve driver, 4 & Meteor and a funky Mad Minoboros. I like it.

PS: Oh yeah, as Frostic Fox said: Use a frame on Winning Valkyrie, the 12 disc seems to work like a chainsaw.

Thank you for the information! Is the assumption that Hasbro Beyblades are made better always sound? Also, the wiki says nothing about a Hasbro Guardian Kerbeus. As Hasbro seems to generally make their Beyblades better, is there’s any news on a Hasbro release of Guardian Kerbeus?

Thanks to you and again, thanks to Frostic Fox about the Winning Valkyrie Forge Disc warning. I’ll be sure to tell my brother about the possible consequences.
Hasbro seems to be skipping over Guardian Kerbeus and Galaxy Zeus

Hasbro doesn't always make things better, it's just the softer plastic that makes breaking less likely but Takara Tomy has since fixed most if not all of their early breaking problems by now. Performance wise though, typically Takara Tomy performs better but there are times where Hasbro performs equally
(Jun. 21, 2018  9:58 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Hasbro seems to be skipping over Guardian Kerbeus and Galaxy Zeus

Hasbro doesn't always make things better, it's just the softer plastic that makes breaking less likely but Takara Tomy has since fixed most if not all of their early breaking problems by now. Performance wise though, typically Takara Tomy performs better but there are times where Hasbro performs equally

His was very helpful information. Thanks!
Hasbro's beys in general don't break as much, but hard hits can cause dents in the clear plastic layer. Takara-Tomy's beys don't usually get these dents as easily, but when they break they usually lose a large chunk or a critical piece and become unusable entirely.

Hasbro's clear plastic also looks foggy compared to TT's clear plastic, which has spread the opinion that Hasbeys are cheaply made. I'm of the opinion that neither side is really better or worse than the other, but I do agree that looks-wise Hasbro usually ends up getting the short end of the stick.
The edges of my hasbro legend spryzen are all dinged up pretty good, but the layer still feels tight so no hat done I think.