New B-Daman topic(specifically to discuss the PROPER revival that just occured)

B-Daman would make a good return maybe not as good as beyblade though Tongue_out
Cartridge series is the one with Cobalt Blade etc. ? I don't quite know.
(Jun. 09, 2011  7:51 PM)Raijin Wrote: Cartridge series is the one with Cobalt Blade etc. ? I don't quite know.

Cartridge System is Cobalt Blaster, Gatling Hades, Chrome Harrier, and all those guys. But the System overall is utter carp. Zero2 is way superior.
Ah, Zero and Zero 2 are the ones like Hasbro released. Cobalt Blade and series is Zero and some other newer ones are Zero 2.

Does Crash Battle have DHB?
(Jun. 09, 2011  8:14 PM)Raijin Wrote: Ah, Zero and Zero 2 are the ones like Hasbro released. Cobalt Blade and series is Zero and some other newer ones are Zero 2.

Does Crash Battle have DHB?

As in Crash B-Daman? I don't think so, as in the show all they ever did was shoot the legs off some tower and the first one to knock it down wins... or something like that.
Okay.. so Zero/Zero 2 would be considered the best series so far? If I want to get into DHB what should I get? (I have a brother.)
(Jun. 09, 2011  8:20 PM)Raijin Wrote: Okay.. so Zero/Zero 2 would be considered the best series so far? If I want to get into DHB what should I get? (I have a brother.)

Zero2, although they are harder to find, is somewhat better than Zero. They have more customization since the cores are different and can be changed. You can buy the DHB separately, and it doesn't matter if it's Zero or Zero2, because they both fit. So yeah, Zero and Zero2 are the way to go.
There's different play styles with the different series, so pick one that appeals to you and go for it. Some series' B-Daman are harder to find (I have not seen the Omega Bahamut set for a very long time)

Zero/Zero2/Zero2 SS (SS is mainly the "gimmick specialty" B-Daman equivalent) has DHB capabilities, as well as many other gametypes (getting a puck to the other side/goal of your opponent, accuracy tests [shooting a marble between two pins], etc). This generation has probably the most parts out there.

Cartridge has DHB I believe, but the only thing really worth getting is Gatling Hades. Outside of that, skip this series, seriously.

Crash/Crash SWS has more customization options than Cartridge, but (arguably) less than the Zero (and Zero whatever) series. No DHB, the main point of the game is to make a marble from the top of your opponent's tower fall (by knocking out the pegs of that tower).

Crash is "arguably" less capable in terms of customization only because of that one part that allowed you to attach multiple Crash B-Daman together (allowing you to use two B-Daman at once and fire akimbo). Then there's that double trigger mechanism (Synchro..?) that allowed you to fire off your "optional" weapons with your non-firing (your "normal" marble firing hand) hand. Some of the optional/secondary weapons had their own triggers though...

When Crash first came out I thought that two Grenade Shots were enough, but then Crash SWS came out and you had all this carp to use.

Omega Bahamut was pretty interesting to use though; two triggers synchronized together, revolving cylinder loading system (which can also use a magazine on top of that), as well as slots to attach those optional weapons. I think different "handgrips"/trigger mechanisms had different characteristics too.

It's easier to explain some of the weaponry this way, though.

Yeah, I think I'll stick to Zero series, though I'm guessing there aren't too many left. I've seen Go-Tiger from the SS series. So that doesn't need any additional parts for DHB? I'm planning on getting Lord Cavalry but I'm not sure if I'll need any additional parts for DHB.
(Jun. 10, 2011  8:16 PM)Raijin Wrote: Yeah, I think I'll stick to Zero series, though I'm guessing there aren't too many left. I've seen Go-Tiger from the SS series. So that doesn't need any additional parts for DHB? I'm planning on getting Lord Cavalry but I'm not sure if I'll need any additional parts for DHB.

Unless it says DHB on the package, you need to buy the DHB armor. Some that come with the DHB armor are: Cobalt Blade, Chrome Raven.
Well, on the topic of the Cross Fight series, who here remembers the days of the ActionAce website?

Those were the days...but more to the point,it's where I was first exposed to B-Daman (Super B-Daman to be more specific).Those B-Daman were excellent, beating out most Zero 2 B-Daman in terms of performance. Cross Fight B-Daman seems to take after Super B-Daman the closest.

You can actually get some Super B-Daman on eBay now, if you can't get a Cross Fight and are interested in seeing how a Cross Fight might perform. Which is good, because that leads me to my next point; who would be interested in a competitive B-Daman league, similar to WBO, that encompasses all series and has cross-generation play?
Super B Daman look awesome! So simple... I might just get those instead. There are loads of unit packs (I think that's what they're called) on eBay too.
never know that g.hades were released...in what series they are?i'm started to fall in love with it..
(Jun. 11, 2011  8:08 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: never know that g.hades were released...in what series they are?i'm started to fall in love with it..

Cartridge System.
Ok, so a temp forum is up for those who want to join...

http://bdamangeneration.proboards.com/index.cgi

It's a dinky little thing,but it'll do for now.

As I said to some of you over PM, I'm trying to start a competitive game for B-Daman, like Bey Brad and the WBO did for Beyblade.
B-daman was my love, I remember how I used to watch the show and I still remember the theme song entirely.

My main regret was I didnt buy one when they were first released, and now they're back I finally can
purchased this. it was cheap. never really got into it but they look interesting enough. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...K:MEWNX:IT
(Jun. 14, 2011  9:38 PM)BlackAce Wrote: Ok, so a temp forum is up for those who want to join...

As I said to some of you over PM, I'm trying to start a competitive game for B-Daman, like Bey Brad and the WBO did for Beyblade.

Up and running! I'll join soon probably.
(Jun. 14, 2011  9:38 PM)BlackAce Wrote: Ok, so a temp forum is up for those who want to join...

joined as "kai"Eee
The Anime will launch on August 28 in Japan and includes character designs by YÅ«ji Nagai, creator of the manga A Penguin's Troubles.

Lets hope this will be localized across the world and not just in Japan
The Super B-Daman look like they might actually have some power to them. As if the prongs can add enough resistance to keep the marbles somewhat in the air until they hit the targets.
so im buying up some stuff on ebay, honestly how do i tell the difference between zero and zero 2 when buying and what are the key differences to begin with.
(Jun. 20, 2011  5:04 AM)Kai_hiwitari Wrote: so im buying up some stuff on ebay, honestly how do i tell the difference between zero and zero 2 when buying and what are the key differences to begin with.

Zero 2 is labeled on the corner of the box.

You would want Zero 2 more than Zero, just because parts are better from Zero 2. Get Zero if you're trying to complete a collection, but not for real competitive play (lmao).

Zero 2 SS is great, though. You'll probably like the special gimmicks from some of the B-Daman in that series.
(Jun. 20, 2011  1:45 PM)bugturtles Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2011  5:04 AM)Kai_hiwitari Wrote: so im buying up some stuff on ebay, honestly how do i tell the difference between zero and zero 2 when buying and what are the key differences to begin with.

Zero 2 is labeled on the corner of the box.

You would want Zero 2 more than Zero, just because parts are better from Zero 2. Get Zero if you're trying to complete a collection, but not for real competitive play (lmao).

Zero 2 SS is great, though. You'll probably like the special gimmicks from some of the B-Daman in that series.
I purchased these three, could you maybe help me out on labeling them as zero or zero2? i cant seem to find it on the box

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...K:MEWNX:IT