My thoughts and yours on plastic, hms and MFB

I have to say plastics are still my favorites, there was more customization and I just like the battles more. HMS was not horrible but the tops were so much smaller and there really was not alot of customization to be done. MFB is not bad, in fact i like them but again with the removal of the weight disk there are only so much you can change on the blades. I will naturally continue to collect all three versions but I cant help liking the plastics better. What do you think?
There is a topic for this already. Search the forums first before posting a new topic.
(Mar. 11, 2009  9:46 PM)Aqua_24 Wrote: There is a topic for this already. Search the forums first before posting a new topic.

I DID SEARCH FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID NOT FIND ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!
There are a million "Rawr! Plastic > HMS + MFB forever!!!!!" threads.
Recent Beyblade Purchases ( 1 2 3 4 ... last )
Bey Brad Bey Marketplace 665 11,135 Today 08:48 PM
Last Post: Aqua_24
My thoughts and yours on plastic, hms and MFB
Neku2 Beyblade General 2 12 Today 08:48 PM
Last Post: Neku2
"Build me a combo!" ( 1 2 3 4 ... last )
Bey Brad Beyblade Customizations 1,097 1,149 Today 08:47 PM
Last Post: Driger
Gaming Random Thoughts ( 1 2 3 4 ... last )
sam's temp Video Games 3,588 37,387 Today 08:42 PM
Last Post: shikamaru526
Random Thoughts 2: ok, more like misc. thoughts ( 1 2 3 4 ... last )
Bey Brad General Discussion 4,848 42,485 Today 08:08 PM
Last Post: Bey Brad
Bicentennial Bey Tourney 2009- 3/14/09 ( 1 2 3 4 ... last )
Bluezee World Beyblade Organization 169 1,352 Today 08:06 PM
Last Post: Bey Brad
Strange Dreams you've had ( 1 2 3 4 ... last )
savatoex General Discussion 135 1,312 Today 08:05 PM
Last Post: Giga
New WBO Logo ( 1 2 3 4 )
Bey Brad Your Creations 63 563 Today 07:57 PM
Homemade Beyblades ( 1 2 3 )
sousa98 Beyblade General 51 538 Today 07:57 PM
Last Post: Driger
BB-23: L Drago 105F ( 1 2 3 4 ... last )
Kai-V Beyblade General 394 6,636 Today 07:19 PM
Last Post: Rocky
Ask a question, get an answer! Part 2 ( 1 2 3 4 ... last )
Bey Brad Beyblade General 3,428 33,155 Today 07:13 PM
What Are You Listening To Right Now? ( 1 2 3 4 ... last )
G Media 3,304 25,999 Today 06:17 PM
Last Post: Roan
Recent Purchases ( 1 2 3 4 ... last )
Alice General Discussion 2,008 27,738 Today 06:09 PM
Last Post: SexyMichael
Blading dream ( 1 2 3 4 ... last )

thats my results using my topic and none of them are even similiar.
I think we've done this topic to death.

As for HMS, there was plenty of customization; the problem was that there were a few very strong parts that outclassed everything else. If the series had been given more time to evolve I'm sure we would have seen a lot more customization possibilities introduced. Also, smaller Beyblades means they spin faster, and saying that they're too small is just a silly argument to make.

MFB has done away with the weight disk since it's no longer needed, and I personally think it was a good change. Only a few kinds of weight disks were ever used. With the weight being part of the Wheel, this means that you have to take the advantages along with the disadvantages. If a Wheel's shape is good for your purpose but it's too light, that's too bad, you need to make that sacrifice. Gain/sacrifice systems are very important to game balancing and so far it's worked quite well, with the exception of Libra, which was clearly made simply too heavy for the current status of the game.

Not to mention, plastic and HMS have been out of production for some time and their price on the second-hand market continues to climb higher and higher. As someone who sells Beyblades this works out pretty well for me, but I personally think it's not a wise way to spend your money. The new system is here, and love it or hate it, it makes more sense to work in the current system than to live in the past.
Plastic is always my favourite. All my passion and skill has came from there.
(Mar. 11, 2009  9:49 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: There are a million "Rawr! Plastic > HMS + MFB forever!!!!!" threads.

Im not making a HMS OR MFB OR PLASTICS FOREVER TOPIC!!!! this is different thoughts on each one and what we all prefer.
Ugh, just all of you drop it. I'll leave this open for now.
(Mar. 11, 2009  9:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think we've done this topic to death.

As for HMS, there was plenty of customization; the problem was that there were a few very strong parts that outclassed everything else. If the series had been given more time to evolve I'm sure we would have seen a lot more customization possibilities introduced. Also, smaller Beyblades means they spin faster, and saying that they're too small is just a silly argument to make.

MFB has done away with the weight disk since it's no longer needed, and I personally think it was a good change. Only a few kinds of weight disks were ever used. With the weight being part of the Wheel, this means that you have to take the advantages along with the disadvantages. If a Wheel's shape is good for your purpose but it's too light, that's too bad, you need to make that sacrifice. Gain/sacrifice systems are very important to game balancing and so far it's worked quite well, with the exception of Libra, which was clearly made simply too heavy for the current status of the game.

Not to mention, plastic and HMS have been out of production for some time and their price on the second-hand market continues to climb higher and higher. As someone who sells Beyblades this works out pretty well for me, but I personally think it's not a wise way to spend your money. The new system is here, and love it or hate it, it makes more sense to work in the current system than to live in the past.

I hate tiny beyblades. There not tiny in the show and i dont wanna use tiny little blades. its a preference respect it.
Im not saying I dont like them either Im just saying I would have liked a bigger hms top.

I am a collector so I am going to continue to buy all the blades i can find. I liked them all and want them all! I will buy all the MFB in time, believe me im not stuck in the past. I just think the plastics are a bit cooler.
(Mar. 11, 2009  9:52 PM)Neku2 Wrote: I hate tiny beyblades. There not tiny in the show and i dont wanna use tiny little blades. its a preference respect it.
Im not saying I dont like them either Im just saying I would have liked a bigger hms top.

I'm not under any obligation to respect your preference ... making them bigger would've made them too heavy, would've made them spin slower. Not to mention that the depiction of HMS in the anime was fairly accurate to how big they are in real life. Historically, smaller Beyblades have been better than larger ones.

So no, I don't have to respect your preference because it has no basis in reality. Saying something "just because" is a poor argument.
(Mar. 11, 2009  9:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm not under any obligation to respect your preference ... making them bigger would've made them too heavy, would've made them spin slower. Not to mention that the depiction of HMS in the anime was fairly accurate to how big they are in real life. Historically, smaller Beyblades have been better than larger ones.

So no, I don't have to respect your preference because it has no basis in reality. Saying something "just because" is a poor argument.

You know what I cant say I like you very much. Im asking you to respect my own personal opinion. I dont care what you think or what you say but I am going to respect your choices. Driger V2 was one of the largest tops and it is one of the best out of box blades ever made so dont give me that carp about smaller being better its all relative.
No, If Driger V2 was made of metal then it would not work.
(Mar. 11, 2009  10:00 PM)Giga Wrote: No, If Driger V2 was made of metal then it would not work.

OKayyyy, stay on the same page with me. I was speaking of all the versions (plastic, hms, and mfb) when I wrote that. Im not saying it should be metal.
Driger V2 wasn't too good. Don't deny that plastics are bad now, they are. I believe you like plastics most still, because of nostalgia, no? I'm still very fond of plastics for that reason, but I have to say, I'm impressed with MFB and I don't like to live in the past.
(Mar. 11, 2009  10:07 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Driger V2 wasn't too good. Don't deny that plastics are bad now, they are. I believe you like plastics most still, because of nostalgia, no? I'm still very fond of plastics for that reason, but I have to say, I'm impressed with MFB and I don't like to live in the past.

Driger V2 is very good, name another plastic outa the box that is better!
How many times I gotta say I like MFB. I like plastics more, the battles are longer, MFB and HMS run shorter battles becouse there heavier and faster. I like MFB okay! I prefer plastic but I dont mind using MFB tops or HMS.
(Mar. 11, 2009  9:57 PM)Neku2 Wrote: You know what I cant say I like you very much. Im asking you to respect my own personal opinion. I dont care what you think or what you say but I am going to respect your choices. Driger V2 was one of the largest tops and it is one of the best out of box blades ever made so dont give me that carp about smaller being better its all relative.

You made a topic. People discuss in topics. What did you expect to happen? Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean anyone is entitled to respect it.

Also, Driger V2 is not one of the best out of the box. Galeon and Driger S are, however, because they were incredibly compact. Obviously the rule isn't universal that smaller is better, but smaller = higher spin velocity.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Spin_velocity
This ^^^^
Oh, and Dranzer V2 about rivals Driger V2 outa the box.
(Mar. 11, 2009  10:11 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: You made a topic. People discuss in topics. What did you expect to happen? Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean anyone is entitled to respect it.

Also, Driger V2 is not one of the best out of the box. Galeon and Driger S are, however, because they were incredibly compact. Obviously the rule isn't universal that smaller is better, but smaller = higher spin velocity.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Spin_velocity

Okay dude whatever. I still say Driger V2 is better. Galeon i think is junk by the way.
[quote='Pichuscute' pid='112257' dateline='1236805964']
This ^^^^
Oh, and Dranzer V2 about rivals Driger V2 outa the box.

Dranzer V2 does not rival Driger V2. Almost all the stock dranzer tops were carp.
If you think Galeon and Dranzer V2 are junk, nobody should take what you say seriously.
(Mar. 11, 2009  10:16 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you think Galeon and Dranzer V2 are junk, nobody should take what you say seriously.

This site sucks anyway! I cant even post topics without getting locked. This blows! I'm out.
Ok, I'm getting kinda embarassed for having told you about the site. Learn a little more before thinking you know everything and argueing like this. I'm not saying I know everything, but I do know that plastics<HMS<MFB. K? Just stop. =/
(Mar. 11, 2009  10:17 PM)Neku2 Wrote: This site sucks anyway! I cant even post topics without getting locked. This blows! I'm out.

See you! Smile
(Mar. 11, 2009  10:17 PM)Neku2 Wrote: This site sucks anyway! I cant even post topics without getting locked. This blows! I'm out.

Well, you sure sound smarter now -.-