My son, youngest Beyblade fanatic?

Hello everyone!

My son is 5 1/2 and he received the globe kit (I dont know the real name, powerdome or something) this year as a birthday gift.

At first we were disappointed that it was recommended for ages 8 and up but once I showed him how to launch he just never stopped.

Months have passed, he spends evenings watching Youtube videos on zankye's channel and the beyblade geeks channel every single night. He is obsessed. And, he has tons of blades now. His preference is for the Takara Tomy type, which we get on eBay.

He can tell you the specs of every component on every current blade, the height and type of tip, weight, etc etc. The kid is incredible!

Since I am his dad I figured I'd register so he can get even more Beyblade info.

Are there many kids that young obsessed with Beyblades represented here?
Probably not, hah.
Anyway, this probably belongs in the introduction section, but a mod will probably move it.
Its cool to see someone that young, but my cousin takes the title for youngest beyblade fanatic. 2 years, 5 months, and 5 days old (Im not kidding), and says she wants to be a beyblade when she grows up XD
I've got 3 kids in the house. 2 (almost 3), 5, and 7. All of them love their Beyblades, and the 2 year old is very handy with both a Light Launcher and a String Launcher Smile
(Mar. 15, 2013  8:35 PM)wbradley Wrote: Are there many kids that young obsessed with Beyblades represented here?

I know there are people who play beyblade that young, but dang, he catches on fast.

Try to browse the forums, it will definitely make him a better Blader.

See if there are also tournaments happening in your area! They are very kid-friendly, so if he goes to one, I am sure he will have a blast!
haha, I've seen a lot of bladers that young actually! But it's great that more younger kids are getting attached to beyblade now. It just keeps the series up and running.

Got a bit off topic, but welcome! I'm sure you will learn a lot here, and so will your son! Smile
My friend brother has quite a lot of beyblades and he loves the anime and he is 2....He suck at launching though
If your son really knows every name, competitive property, weight, and height of every beyblade peice ever made, he is a prodigy, period (if there is such thing as a beyblade prodigy). Smile
I might have to watch out in a few years! Tongue_out
Wow, you should get him the official BB-10 Stadium by takara tomy if he does not have it.