My introductory to game thread and MGS4

Hey everyone. This is my first post in the video game thread. Just introducing myself. What i came here for is opinions. Everyone knows that MGS4 is coming out, and i really like the appeal of the game. Ive always wanted a PS3 for the blu ray, and entertainment. My questions are what are the contents of the bundle, and what bundles are available for my purchase? What is everyones opinion on PS3 here, who has one, and thoughts on MGS4's hype?
hows it going? I am Litrid. I jsut got into MGS about a year ago and its the best stealth game I've ever played and I think 4 is gonna kick carp. The gameplay looks good. I'm just upset that Snake had to be old and I know why so no need explaining it.
Litrid Wrote:hows it going? I am Litrid. I jsut got into MGS about a year ago and its the best stealth game I've ever played and I think 4 is gonna kick carp. The gameplay looks good. I'm just upset that Snake had to be old and I know why so no need explaining it.

There are other stealth games?
splinter cell siphon filter yes many others. MGS is really the only acception cuz well its MGS and it has a badass character.
AnnieDuck Wrote:Splinter Cell, lol

I've honestly only ever played the first Splinter Cell and I really enjoyed it, actually.

Much more so than I'm enjoying MGS3 right now. :\
Hey guys no ones giving me opinions! I think i should act fast, I heard these bundles are gonna go quick!
darth yader Wrote:Hey guys no ones giving me opinions! I think i should act fast, I heard these bundles are gonna go quick!

This post details all of the different MGS4 bundles and the different versions of the game:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/1...-revealed/

I think the PS3 is a good system, but if you don't already have a current-generation console (Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii), don't make the PS3 your first purchase, especially if there is only one game you want the system for. If you are going to be watching a lot of blu-ray movies, the PS3 is the only route to go because its the cheapest and best BR player, mostly due to its ability to be upgraded via firmware updates.

However, right now the 360 has a much larger (and much better quality) library of titles to choose from. Its also quite a bit cheaper, assuming you pick up the Arcade or Pro model.

Buuuut, ultimately its up to you. I'm not trying to hate on the PS3 (I own one myself and will be picking up my copy of MGS4 today), just pointing out some things to consider.
MGS4 is So frikking cool. being playing since 2am. carp owns.
Part of whats making it really good is I found the controls really easy to pick up. dunno how really, but the 3d camera is very smooth.

always been a PlayStation guy, though.

but haha you mentioned hype, and while there is some to be sure, GTAIV and HALO had Waaayyy more hype.
if you don't game much but have HDtv and want a blu-ray player, mgs4 lets say does not have mass appeal, kinda hard to just jumpin on the story.
Thanks for the 411. I was looking on the internet and interviews, and read that even if Hideo Kojima did wanna bring it to Xbox 360, it would be in 6 discs because it is inferior, that was a shocker. Something with the core processor, i think. I hopefully will accumlate enough money soon and get this pack. I heard its very hard to get, and is sold out already.
darth yader Wrote:Thanks for the 411. I was looking on the internet and interviews, and read that even if Hideo Kojima did wanna bring it to Xbox 360, it would be in 6 discs because it is inferior, that was a shocker. Something with the core processor, i think.

Its more likely that Kojima and his team filled up an entire 50 GB Blu-Ray disc for this game. They are the first game company to use a dual-layer Blu-Ray.

As you probably know, the 360 doesn't read Blu-Ray discs and the medium for its games are just plain old DVD discs, which at the max can hold about 9 GBs of data.

So yeah, if Kojima and his team were to ever port the game to 360, it would likely either come on roughly 6 discs or they would have to compress the hell out of all the assets to make the game fit on 2 or 3.