My Signature Shop! :D

Just because you find something on Google images does not mean it is fair use Grin

Oh man! Check out this article I found on Google! This must mean I can submit it as my thesis Grin
(Jul. 15, 2009  9:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Just because you find something on Google images does not mean it is fair use Grin

Oh man! Check out this article I found on Google! This must mean I can submit it as my thesis Grin

Wow your very mature? Well if that's the case, why don't you tell that to about %80 of the people on your site, they all have avatars or signatures with just pictures from Google... Oh wait, for some reason your piling this all on me!? I am just 13, turning 14 only next year... You can't expect me to create every spec of the entire design... Seriously... Oh and wow your 20 yrs old!?
I think its the point that you said it was YOUR creation and nobody elses...
(Jul. 15, 2009  1:36 PM)Dragonsclaw Wrote: I think its the point that you said it was YOUR creation and nobody elses...

I never said that. You people got me confused, people were saying background image until Brad mentioned the storm Pegasis which I got of cybergames and not from Kai-V's site, which cybergames took.
Gaia_Dragoon Wrote:EDIT: I MAKE ALL OF MINE, I DO NOT TAKE IMAGES FROM OTHER PEOPLE

Fair enough.
Uhm, work on cutting out images, your cut outs look sorta sloppy. Also, it`s sorta rude to put "by gaia_dragoon" in a sig you make for someone else. They will probably give you credit in their signature.
Gaia_Dragoon, I must inquire if you are blind.

I first mentioned "Hybrid Wheel System schema", then, right after, Espio said "Storm Pegasis". And now you claim that you did not know what we were talking about, and that it took Brad's mention of "Storm Pegasis" for you to realise what was going on ?

Also, if you take a look at this thread about the Hybrid Wheel System, all the pictures I have posted of this schema always had "Beyblade Spirit" written on them. I have never, ever posted a picture of that without "Beyblade Spirit" on it, and I know that because this board is the only active Beyblade one. There would be a hole in my memory otherwise, and a hole in my files, since I never saved a .JPG picture of the Hybrid Wheel System without a background and without "Beyblade Spirit". Unless there is a picture floating around that somebody edited so there is no background and no "Beyblade Spirit", but then I would appreciate if you could tell me where you found it so I could try to get it removed.

Moreover, that would mean that you did not make that signature one year ago. Metal Fight Beyblade is not even one year old yet.

However, I am content.
(Jul. 15, 2009  1:12 PM)Gaia_Dragoon Wrote: Wow your very mature? Well if that's the case, why don't you tell that to about %80 of the people on your site, they all have avatars or signatures with just pictures from Google... Oh wait, for some reason your piling this all on me!? I am just 13, turning 14 only next year... You can't expect me to create every spec of the entire design... Seriously... Oh and wow your 20 yrs old!?

Honestly, I hate all this age-related bull. Age is not a valid reason for ignorance on the Internet. The irony here is that you're trying to question his maturity, when quite clearly you lack the emotional development needed to apologise for your error.

And speak for yourself, most of us have made our own avatars and signatures from screenshots taken by ourselves. Moreover, it's not actually taking from google people have issue with, it's more the fact that you've blatantly taken something which is clearly someone else's and feigned innocence.
There is a difference between using official promotional images and using images made by fans and regular people. It's called "fair use."

By the way, you should probably not insult the owner of the site, for future reference. Grin
(Jul. 15, 2009  6:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: By the way, you should probably not insult the owner of the site, for future reference. Grin

Trust me, follow this advise for the rest of your life, it will do you good since I think Brad got angry here once already. (Look at one of the posts that is Capitals only.) Even getting other mods angry won't do you any good.
gia_dragoon, i know u got urself in a little mixup here, but ur actually pretty good at making signatures, just try to be more careful on wut images u use Wink
(Jul. 15, 2009  2:14 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Gaia_Dragoon, I must inquire if you are blind.

I first mentioned "Hybrid Wheel System schema", then, right after, Espio said "Storm Pegasis". And now you claim that you did not know what we were talking about, and that it took Brad's mention of "Storm Pegasis" for you to realise what was going on ?

Also, if you take a look at this thread about the Hybrid Wheel System, all the pictures I have posted of this schema always had "Beyblade Spirit" written on them. I have never, ever posted a picture of that without "Beyblade Spirit" on it, and I know that because this board is the only active Beyblade one. There would be a hole in my memory otherwise, and a hole in my files, since I never saved a .JPG picture of the Hybrid Wheel System without a background and without "Beyblade Spirit". Unless there is a picture floating around that somebody edited so there is no background and no "Beyblade Spirit", but then I would appreciate if you could tell me where you found it so I could try to get it removed.

Moreover, that would mean that you did not make that signature one year ago. Metal Fight Beyblade is not even one year old yet.

However, I am content.

Hey, I did mention in a post before, I found the image with the background, but no 'Beyblade Spirit' on it. The website is called cybergames it is a link of Game Faqs.

And I said I made that signature for another site (I use the username Gaia_Dragoon a lot) a couple of months ago, but I only added the Storm Pegasis and the Lightning L-Drago in.
Why have you not removed it yet, then?
I am probably reading your post incorrectly, but how could it have been a couple months ago if it had lightning l drago?
(Jul. 17, 2009  2:29 PM)Hero Wrote: I am probably reading your post incorrectly, but how could it have been a couple months ago if it had lightning l drago?

Hero makes a valid point here unless time has gone faster than we think.
i think this thread is starting 2 get a little out of hand Confused
Gaia, I'm noticing that many of the sigs you're making are over the size limit laid out in the board's rules. I suggest remedying that.
I'm sorry, but you should stop putting "by gaia_dragoon" in sigs you make. Though, I understand why you would put that there, they will credit you in their signature.
Your sigs are great! I'm glad that i stumbled upon this thread.
The "By Gaia_Dragoon" is sort of like if not is an artist signing his or her work. Just saying.
(Jul. 21, 2009  2:49 AM)firelord767 Wrote: Your sigs are great! I'm glad that i stumbled upon this thread.
The "By Gaia_Dragoon" is sort of like if not is an artist signing his or her work. Just saying.

It's a bit different when your work is images others can use to identify themselves.
*tut tut**sigh*
Guys,*shakes head* even though gaia_dragoon did(I think you did)take other peoples artworks, it matters on what the artwork is. I know many people who have google for images and use it for avatars, sigs,skins,etc.
You shouldn't just state that "hey boy! you stole my work!", but reason and always feel content and happy towards others. For people to treat you well, you must treat them well(karma i supose).

If you don't want others to use your art, then ask them nicely that may(not can) you not use my art. if you don't care if they use it or not just say that you are grateful for selecting your art then slecting other peoples art. if someone has used your creation, it is because that they admire your work because it pleases them. It should create a positive motive to continue to do your work to please others.

I'm gonna stop lecturing now, but remember, to be admired and noticed, you must admire and notice others.
(Jul. 21, 2009  2:11 AM)Hero Wrote: I'm sorry, but you should stop putting "by gaia_dragoon" in sigs you make. Though, I understand why you would put that there, they will credit you in their signature.

No... He is on many other forums and he made signatures for others on the other forums as well, he made one for somebody on a Pokemon forum and the person claimed it as his own. He complained to him and to the owners of the site, and he eventually got banned for something he didn't do (The other guy got away with saying it was his own). So he doesn't want to take that risk again. And people who are saying taking images from Google such as Beyblades isn't the right thing? Well take a look at yourselves, you don't own those images, TAKARA does (Not saying to you all, just a few people).

EDIT: I know him in real life, we're friends, thats why I know this.
Beytrikai, you probably shouldn't lecture the staff who works on this site. You can't just take anything you find on Google. Google is not a free domain, it just links to other items on the web. You should look carefully at the context of each image. Furthermore, Kai-V has made it clear she wants that signature removed, but it's still there.

Kai-V works hard here and treats everyone well if they treat her well. I suppose she doesn't take kindly to people stealing her work. This is why it's best to only use official images.

Quote:If you don't want others to use your art, then ask them nicely that may(not can) you not use my art.

Consider the absence of permission as a denial of permission. If it doesn't explicitly say it can be reused, you should always ask the creator first.

Quote:if someone has used your creation, it is because that they admire your work because it pleases them. It should create a positive motive to continue to do your work to please others.

So it would be OK if I started taking Gaia_Dragoon's signature designs and putting my name on them without permission, right? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? So if he can steal for others and you get to write it off as "positive motive", I will steal from him as well.

Or, is that not OK?

Quote:And people who are saying taking images from Google such as Beyblades isn't the right thing? Well take a look at yourselves, you don't own those images, TAKARA does (Not saying to you all, just a few people).

We are reusing OFFICIAL IMAGES for the sake of NON-PROFIT PROMOTION. Pretty much any government in the world would protect this under fair use laws. Reusing fanart is not the same as reusing official images. We've already spoken with Takara-Tomy about how we use our images.

By the way, Gaia_Dragoon uses official images as well. But none of us said anything about that.

If you two only came here to white knight for your friend, this isn't going to be a very productive membership for anyone. We're not looking to ban anyone, but Kai-V has made it clear she doesn't want that image reused and it remains there, which IMO is incredibly disrespectful to her and her work.

This really isn't a debate. I've removed the offending signature from the opening post. It should be deleted from his web space. Any further discussion about this issue will result in the topic getting locked and users will have warnings handed out. If you feel this is unfair, feel free to contact any member on the Committee that isn't Kai-V or myself (as that would be biased of us).
(Jul. 21, 2009  8:52 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Beytrikai, you probably shouldn't lecture the staff who works on this site. You can't just take anything you find on Google. Google is not a free domain, it just links to other items on the web. You should look carefully at the context of each image. Furthermore, Kai-V has made it clear she wants that signature removed, but it's still there.

Kai-V works hard here and treats everyone well if they treat her well. I suppose she doesn't take kindly to people stealing her work. This is why it's best to only use official images.

Consider the absence of permission as a denial of permission. If it doesn't explicitly say it can be reused, you should always ask the creator first.

So it would be OK if I started taking Gaia_Dragoon's signature designs and putting my name on them without permission, right? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? So if he can steal for others and you get to write it off as "positive motive", I will steal from him as well.

Or, is that not OK?

We are reusing OFFICIAL IMAGES for the sake of NON-PROFIT PROMOTION. Pretty much any government in the world would protect this under fair use laws. Reusing fanart is not the same as reusing official images. We've already spoken with Takara-Tomy about how we use our images.

By the way, Gaia_Dragoon uses official images as well. But none of us said anything about that.

If you two only came here to white knight for your friend, this isn't going to be a very productive membership for anyone. We're not looking to ban anyone, but Kai-V has made it clear she doesn't want that image reused and it remains there, which IMO is incredibly disrespectful to her and her work.

This really isn't a debate. I've removed the offending signature from the opening post. It should be deleted from his web space. Any further discussion about this issue will result in the topic getting locked and users will have warnings handed out. If you feel this is unfair, feel free to contact any member on the Committee that isn't Kai-V or myself (as that would be biased of us).

Well Gaia_Dragoon can't do anything about this since you banned him. He will remove it though once he is unbanned.
We didn't ban him, what are you talking about? He was suspended for a week because he couldn't listen to what we were saying.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ask-a-qu...#pid177399

He kept asking the same questions in multiple places and repeatedly. If he has a problem with it he could PM anyone on the committee, but he was more than fairly warned.

Because you guys can't drop this, I'm closing this topic.