My Local Toy Store will Carry MFB

Get Collecting was OtC's sponsor for a while, but after they stopped paying us we switched to Ideal.
(Apr. 03, 2009  2:04 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Get Collecting was OtC's sponsor for a while, but after they stopped paying us we switched to Ideal.

They shut down around the first wave of the Gimmick Series. They moved all their stock to ebay, but don't ever buy from them on eBay. I bought "four" BKs from them, received two, a Gaia Dragoon, and four rubber V-Series keychains....I was very upset, and they wouldn't answer any emails....ebay didn't do anything either.

Oh well
(Apr. 03, 2009  2:00 AM)Evan Wrote: This is pretty awesome ^^ I wish I had a place like this around me. I may go to talk to my local games shop.
Suggestion: if you ask him to carry MFBs, ask him what his needs are. Different stores have different needs in prices. My store can charge insane amounts because all our revenue is from tourism. It's not all too uncommon to have someone pay with a titanium black Amex card.

Be prepared to tell him how he will gain a strong customer base and what kind of profit he needs. The best question to poise is, after giving a brief summary of the sport and the hiatus, "what do you need me to do to get you to stock import Beyblades?"

And now you have to think about how you're going to advertise for your area. I'm just going to hand them out to a few kids at the elementary school and tell them they can only have them if they get their friends to join in at the tournaments we'll hold in the store (provided Mr. Stevenson approves). They'll be all over that one!

I take a hit on profit for the Beyblades I give out, but a HUGE customer gain.
(Apr. 03, 2009  2:09 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Suggestion: if you ask him to carry MFBs, ask him what his needs are. Different stores have different needs in prices. My store can charge insane amounts because all our revenue is from tourism. It's not all too uncommon to have someone pay with a titanium black Amex card.

Be prepared to tell him how he will gain a strong customer base and what kind of profit he needs. The best question to poise is, after giving a brief summary of the sport and the hiatus, "what do you need me to do to get you to stock import Beyblades?"

And now you have to think about how you're going to advertise for your area. I'm just going to hand them out to a few kids at the elementary school and tell them they can only have them if they get their friends to join in at the tournaments we'll hold in the store (provided Mr. Stevenson approves). They'll be all over that one!

I take a hit on profit for the Beyblades I give out, but a HUGE customer gain.

I'll talk to some of my friends. I have a few who love playing with me, and a couple have siblings in elementary school. I could give them a few to play with.
The best thing about this is, that the kids will not have a misconception of Beyblades being a rip-off of Battle Strikers. XD
I had told my local comic/anime store (tbscomics) about them a while ago. Theyre not very good people persons.