My Local Toy Store will Carry MFB

I'm pretty friendly with the local toy store owner, and he used to carry Beyblades back when they were manufactured by Hasbro. I told him about the new kind and told him I could get it imported. Asked him if he would stock it. He jumped all over that. xD

I also have to do community service for school so I go to the elementary school once or twice a week to help out the second graders with homework. I told them if they got their homework done on time, they could play with my Beyblades.

I promised the two kids I was working with today I'd give them Beyblades to the first one who could complete their assignment. They both finished at the same time. So next time I go, they'll each get an MFB.

I think by showing them how to Beyblade and giving some out for free and telling them where to get better stuff, it provides for a great advertisement. Not only that, Mr. Stevenson will have a monopoly until next year. Wink

It's a great pre-advertisement, and a nice way to educate them in Beyblading correctly. If it really holds interest (which it should in my town) I could hold tournaments for them.

What do you guys think about taking steps to introduce Beyblading into your community and to younger age groups earlier than Hasbro? Is there anything I'm missing here that you think I should do?
*a sign turns on saying applause*mhm..when I turn on the sign saying applause I expect someone to applause...
(Apr. 02, 2009  3:55 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I'm pretty friendly with the local toy store owner, and he used to carry Beyblades back when they were manufactured by Hasbro. I told him about the new kind and told him I could get it imported. Asked him if he would stock it. He jumped all over that. xD

I also have to do community service for school so I go to the elementary school once or twice a week to help out the second graders with homework. I told them if they got their homework done on time, they could play with my Beyblades.

I promised the two kids I was working with today I'd give them Beyblades to the first one who could complete their assignment. They both finished at the same time. So next time I go, they'll each get an MFB.

I think by showing them how to Beyblade and giving some out for free and telling them where to get better stuff, it provides for a great advertisement. Not only that, Mr. Stevenson will have a monopoly until next year. Wink

It's a great pre-advertisement, and a nice way to educate them in Beyblading correctly. If it really holds interest (which it should in my town) I could hold tournaments for them.

What do you guys think about taking steps to introduce Beyblading into your community and to younger age groups earlier than Hasbro? Is there anything I'm missing here that you think I should do?

Wow, I'm impressed that you managed to convince the local toy store owner to do this. I hope this works out. Keep us posted on any updates because I really like the idea.

I don't have any comments atm; taking a break from my work but I shall definitely toss some out there as they hit me. I am sure as a business owner he is familiar with the logistics of how to run his own business. Just don't promise him false demand lol.

TBH I have not thought about advertising to local toy shops since I was skeptical about it working. This has proven me wrong; there are possibilities of it happening. I don't know any local toy shops in my area; I grew up using Toys R US.
It's pretty cool that you got a toy store owner to seriously consider selling MFB. Hopefully people will start to pick up on it.
What your doing is great and will it def. help MFB to grow and get more popular a lot faster. Props to that.
This is good news that your already telling the younger ones about the game of beyblade! Maybe everyone should try and get more and more people from their community to play beyblade and tell and explain about the sport.
Congrats!

I don't have anything more to add, sorry.
It helps that I
  • have known him for years since he took over the store. I was the one who told him to stock video games. He keeps some games in stock that are hard to get.
  • One Christmas, he had the Wii. He was able to sell it for $600.
    told him I'd do all the work. I'll take them back if they fail (you guys will consume the leftovers. I have faith in your wallets ;D)
  • We live in a rich community
  • I know what I'm talking about and he knows that. He knows all about how I traveled to Houston, and placed 3rd in the East Coast Championships.

If you mention that they will be the only ones selling it, there is a growing customer base, and you will do all of the work, you'd be surprised what people will say.

He also has a website for his store, which means hopefully another place for you guys to be supplied as well. Brad, do you think you can find me a decent wholesale supplier for MFBs? You're better at that than I am.

I told you in my previous thread I was going to work on advertising and starting up a store. I wasn't kidding.
Wow, nice job. Suprised the toy store owner agreed (I doubt we have any locally owned toy stores here). Tell us how it goes. These are great ways to interest kids in beyblade. Nothing much else to add.
EDIT: Haha, you weren't kidding.
I was being held prisoner in a boarding school in the middle of the Adirondacks. 100 miles to the nearest bus stop. My response: I CAN WALK THAT! I just started walking down the highway in the middle of winter. After about six miles down the road, the school decided I wasn't kidding. Uncertain

I'm like a raccoon that won't let go of the shiny. xD
(Apr. 02, 2009  4:28 AM)Deikailo Wrote: He also has a website for his store, which means hopefully another place for you guys to be supplied as well. Brad, do you think you can find me a decent wholesale supplier for MFBs? You're better at that than I am.

I told you in my previous thread I was going to work on advertising and starting up a store. I wasn't kidding.

This is definitely a better idea than running the business yourself, hence I don't have nearly as many pessimistic comments. XD

About his store, if he has reasonable prices, and ships outside of U.S I would definitely consider buying from him.
(Apr. 02, 2009  4:45 AM)Khel Wrote: This is definitely a better idea than running the business yourself, hence I don't have nearly as many pessimistic comments. XD

About his store, if he has reasonable prices, and ships outside of U.S I would definitely consider buying from him.
The prices won't be reasonable in comparison to others until I can get an actual supplier. Right now, I just have Rakuten and Azuma. Uncertain Gotta start somewhere, right?

I'll tell him a large customer base is outside the US. This town deals with a lot of foreigners so he'll probably be cool with the idea. Mr. Stevenson is not an ignorant man. Hell, he'll probably play, too, if I taught him how.
(Apr. 02, 2009  3:57 AM)BladeBee Wrote: *a sign turns on saying applause*mhm..when I turn on the sign saying applause I expect someone to applause...

*clap clap clap clap clap*
(Apr. 02, 2009  3:57 AM)BladeBee Wrote: *a sign turns on saying applause*mhm..when I turn on the sign saying applause I expect someone to applause...

(Apr. 02, 2009  5:25 AM)sousa98 Wrote: *clap clap clap clap clap*

This is spam. Cut it out.
(Apr. 02, 2009  4:37 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I was being held prisoner in a boarding school in the middle of the Adirondacks. 100 miles to the nearest bus stop. My response: I CAN WALK THAT! I just started walking down the highway in the middle of winter. After about six miles down the road, the school decided I wasn't kidding. Uncertain

I'm like a raccoon that won't let go of the shiny. xD

Woah, I'm guessing they got you? or did you make it?
(Apr. 02, 2009  5:44 AM)Raykon Wrote: Woah, I'm guessing they got you? or did you make it?
Since I was 18, I was legally allowed to leave. The point is if I walk 3 miles per hours for about 36 hours straight, I would have made it...but young lady walking 36 hours in the middle of nowhere on an empty highway doesn't sound safe. They paid for a bus ticket home.

But I would have kept walking if they hadn't. I had enough money for six cups of coffee. ;D
My name is Stevenson too Grin Anyway that is really cool
This is awesome, if his prices are good im buying from him!
Congratulations on this !!! Joyful_3 Great news.
Congratz Dekailo! Grin
This truly amazing.
Yea definately. Tell him if his prices are good, ill be the kid that wont stop ordering Wink .
(Apr. 02, 2009  9:41 PM)Hero Wrote: Yea definately. Tell him if his prices are good, ill be the kid that wont stop ordering Wink .
Dont forget me - at least 20p cheaper than the InToy and im in Supaburn
(Apr. 02, 2009  4:28 AM)Deikailo Wrote: It helps that I
  • have known him for years since he took over the store. I was the one who told him to stock video games. He keeps some games in stock that are hard to get.
  • One Christmas, he had the Wii. He was able to sell it for $600.
    told him I'd do all the work. I'll take them back if they fail (you guys will consume the leftovers. I have faith in your wallets ;D)
  • We live in a rich community
  • I know what I'm talking about and he knows that. He knows all about how I traveled to Houston, and placed 3rd in the East Coast Championships.

If you mention that they will be the only ones selling it, there is a growing customer base, and you will do all of the work, you'd be surprised what people will say.

He also has a website for his store, which means hopefully another place for you guys to be supplied as well. Brad, do you think you can find me a decent wholesale supplier for MFBs? You're better at that than I am.

Wow, awesome! Get those kiddies blading! Confused
I know this is straying a bit from the topic but do you have any videos of your East Coast Championships? (I would love to see it!)
Sorry for spamming! Speechless
I had the idea of marking up the beyblades in store, but having a promo code for members of the WBO. I'll have to ask him if his online store supports promo codes.

(Apr. 03, 2009  12:29 AM)Neku2 Wrote: Wow, awesome! Get those kiddies blading! Confused
I know this is straying a bit from the topic but do you have any videos of your East Coast Championships? (I would love to see it!)
Sorry for spamming! Speechless
I have it on the YTV special. Steve Bono from Hasbro sent me a copy since it was never aired in America.

Other than that, on the Beyblading website I'm in two pictures. Smile
(Apr. 03, 2009  1:13 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I had the idea of marking up the beyblades in store, but having a promo code for members of the WBO. I'll have to ask him if his online store supports promo codes.

I have it on the YTV special. Steve Bono from Hasbro sent me a copy since it was never aired in America.

Other than that, on the Beyblading website I'm in two pictures. Smile

Can you put it on youtube or something? :3
This is pretty awesome ^^ I wish I had a place like this around me. I may go to talk to my local games shop.

If anyone remembers Get Collecting toys, an old online store with great prices on beys; well they had a retail shop open for about 3 months. They had basically 3/4 of the back wall covered in Takara Beys, 1/8 with Hasbro, and 1/8 Sono Kong. It was pretty tight. They had little tournaments in the back every once in a while, I went but I was late so I just played against the manager and a few other kids. It was really fun ^^