Most Listened to Song

(Dec. 19, 2010  2:00 AM)REtread Wrote: Also, for the negatives, MCR (they only deserved to be abbreviated, I can give a damn) god awful Black-Parade. How is it that the majority of their fanbase think the Beatles suck but incredibly self-centered emo lyrics are much better? That one song's constant playing also made me think that 102.1 The EDGE was invaded by arse-kissing maniacs.

I also hate "Last Resort", how is this song even that popular or original? It plays all the damn time with now shame.

why you hatting on MCR D: and who said that? how doy uo know the majority of their fan base hates the beatles, and if they did its because the dont like happiness,also people are allowed to have different opions on music without having it trashed,i will fight to the death on this one CuteSpeechless
(Dec. 19, 2010  2:02 AM)|Joe| Wrote: Ichiro, by His World are you talking about the theme song for Sonic the Hedgehog (Xbox360)?
Yes the one by Zebrahead.
Quote:why you hatting on MCR D: and who said that? how doy uo know the majority of their fan base hates the beatles, and if they did its because the dont like happiness,also people are allowed to have different opions on music without having it trashed,i will fight to the death on this one

....I never said you (or anyone else for that matter) couldn't like their music, see, looking for specific words do matter in an opinion. If what you perceived was me denying others right to voice their opinion, you seriously need to re-read my post. The bolded parts only add to my point, if you cannot appreciate multiple emotions in music, how can music be appreciated then? The "self centered" sad lyrics part came from their music sounding derivative.
i was saying that cause you said "How is it that the majority of their fanbase think the Beatles suck but incredibly self-centered emo lyrics are much better?"
and thats not really the big thing i was mad about was that you said without knowing the majority of their fan base thinks the beatle sucks :\
and the fact you were hating on MCR D: anyways offtopic9and if you listen to their new album theirs not one emo song)
Bottom line: I think MCR is absolutely derivative, thats all.

I would rather hear 1990's music over and over again, over some others. Like Metallica and classic Green Day.
i do listen to Greenday,but they seem i bit more hatred to the US goverment(i can kinda of see why) anyways lets get back ontopic..
This is getting off topic now guys, take it to PMs.
(Dec. 19, 2010  2:13 AM)Brooklyn-Z Wrote: i do listen to Greenday,but they seem i bit more hatred to the US goverment(i can kinda of see why) anyways lets get back ontopic..

Final reply on the matter: That's why I like their older music, they were more fun people back then.

On topic:

If anyone heard the song "hey man, nice shot" by Filter, it is really pumping to hear over and over.
(Dec. 19, 2010  2:00 AM)REtread Wrote: Also, for the negatives, MCR (they only deserved to be abbreviated, I can give a damn) god awful Black-Parade. How is it that the majority of their fanbase think the Beatles suck but incredibly self-centered emo lyrics are much better? That one song's constant playing also made me think that 102.1 The EDGE was invaded by arse-kissing maniacs.

This is all personal interpretation, and really doesn't belong in this thread at all. However, I feel that someone needs to play the devil's advocate here, so...

I happen to be an educated, fairly worldly person, and I rather enjoyed MCR's "The Black Parade" album. Not all music is written to present some profound statement on life or with a deep meaning. Believe it or not, some musicians write music to entertain people! What an idea! Who would've thought?

"The Black Parade" was written explicitly as a bombastic, over-the-top album. For God's sake, the album is considered a "rock opera" that tells the story of a dying rock star with cancer. It's not meant to be taken seriously, it was written to be flamboyant and cartoonish.

I really can't stand the attitudes most people take towards music these days. Most pop songs' lyrics are absolute trash and mean nothing, but that's not the point of them at all -- they're made to dance or drive to, or really just to entertain.

As I said, not every piece of music needs to be some epic statement on the human condition or society. It's fine if that's what you enjoy and look for in music, but you also have to see the other side of the coin -- other people are just looking to have a good time with the music they listen to.
i am pretty sure the Black Parade wasnt written as a joke Speechless death isnt something to joke about,and the lyrics,does not sound like they were joking around Confused but back ontopic
little lion man 102 times i listen to it because it sounds cool
(Dec. 20, 2010  6:53 AM)Blaze Wheeler Wrote: According to iTunes:

So many Beyblade songs. But I can see why. All of them have a good tune to them.
(Dec. 19, 2010  2:18 AM)Roan Wrote:

This is all personal interpretation, and really doesn't belong in this thread at all. However, I feel that someone needs to play the devil's advocate here, so...

I happen to be an educated, fairly worldly person, and I rather enjoyed MCR's "The Black Parade" album. Not all music is written to present some profound statement on life or with a deep meaning. Believe it or not, some musicians write music to entertain people! What an idea! Who would've thought?

"The Black Parade" was written explicitly as a bombastic, over-the-top album. For God's sake, the album is considered a "rock opera" that tells the story of a dying rock star with cancer. It's not meant to be taken seriously, it was written to be flamboyant and cartoonish.

I really can't stand the attitudes most people take towards music these days. Most pop songs' lyrics are absolute trash and mean nothing, but that's not the point of them at all -- they're made to dance or drive to, or really just to entertain.

As I said, not every piece of music needs to be some epic statement on the human condition or society. It's fine if that's what you enjoy and look for in music, but you also have to see the other side of the coin -- other people are just looking to have a good time with the music they listen to.

I really enjoyed their first three albums. All of them were written as over-the-top entertainment, not some really well composed masterpiece. Gerard Way is an excellent lyricist, and usually writes dark lyrics with a sarcastic comedy to them....now I can't say the same thing about Danger Days.......
Danger days has its meaning,infact they have it on their website >.> its my most favorite out of their work,except for black parade <-----------offtopic
(Dec. 21, 2010  9:05 AM)Nano Wrote:

So many Beyblade songs. But I can see why. All of them have a good tune to them.

Yep, and a few random Beyblade songs, such as "Introduction", that are in a Playlist with all of the Beyblade songs are so short, then can play while I'm typing, and I don't even notice it. Lol
(Dec. 22, 2010  5:31 AM)Blaze Wheeler Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2010  9:05 AM)Nano Wrote:

Yep, and a few random Beyblade songs, such as "Introduction", that are in a Playlist with all of the Beyblade songs are so short, then can play while I'm typing, and I don't even notice it. Lol

I no what ya mean.