Montreal looking to try the new toys

Yo I'm Eleanor and I used to play beyblade when they were made out of plastic and I always thought the metal ones were extremely lame , same for the tv shows like Tyson and his buddies were cool but the metal people were kinda lame but like there's a new series and new plastic toys and I'm interested so like if you guys know how to get my hands on quality set without costing an arm and a leg or if you're in Montreal you could show me your toys I guess? Is that weird? Cheers and pleased to meet you nerds!
Hey Eleanor, welcome to the WBO!

There are many different websites to buy from, such as eBay, Amazon, Rakuten and Hobby Link Japan. Hobby Link Japan is pretty good, as their products are pretty cheap. I do not know the extent of Rakuten and HLJ, though, so somebody else would have to give their input on what they prefer. For single items, I have found that Amazon and eBay have the better deals sometimes, but usually take weeks and weeks to arrive.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me! Smile
Hello and welcome ! As Hato previously said, eBay and Amazon are not the only options if you are looking for beyblades. But keep in mind that buying things from Japan might be kinda expensive, 'cause the shipping and all.

Also, I see that you are from Montreal. If you are interested in taking a part in beyblade tournament in Montreal, you can always check out this thread ! https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Montr%C...tr%C3%A9al
(May. 10, 2016  12:19 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: If you are interested in taking a part in beyblade tournament

Whoa there buddy pal butter bead friend bro pal butter spread friendly fella i don't even own any of them toys yet!

Nice to meet you! Thank you for pointing out activity in my area! I might meet some of them fellas and make friends! One step at the time.

Hato you pointed out some shops, is this pretty much to lowest price i can find for a single toy set? http://hlj.com/product/TKT84730 (35.5USD with shipping)

Thank you for the help
Yo, I can always lend you a beyblade, it's not free though, it costs a smile and a ''thank you'', hahaha.
(May. 10, 2016  12:39 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Yo, I can always lend you a beyblade, it's not free though, it costs a smile and a ''thank you'', hahaha.

I submit a counter-offer and cordially invite you to play video games at my house!
Regardless of entering the tournament or not, you should definitely come to one of our upcoming events in Montréal because we could let you try out Burst and, in July, we will hold a Plastic & HMS Remembrance Day, so there could be a plastic-format tournament then. This month's event should be Limited, so it uses the Metal Fight Beyblades.
Lots of completely new Bladers come to our tournaments, and if you don't feel like competing, you can just try them out and watch Smile Welcome to the WBO! Hope to see you in Montreal soon!
Yo i got myself a Valkirie and a Kereberus, the ones from the show not pre-show versions and man they are so cool like wow so much detail into them and colors and wow amazing ! The launcher is kinda weird though like i can't pull the string as far as i would and i feel like if i pull it too strongly it might break but i want it to go fast so i take the thingy between my thumb and finger kinda like an arrow and when i hit the end it just let go? is that how its supposed to go? Anyway they're awesome! oh my god like way better than my expectations and my expectations were really high now i can forget the metal ones ever existed! The overall toy feels really sturdy and high quality, i love it!
(May. 22, 2016  9:14 AM)eleanorawesome Wrote: Yo i got myself a Valkirie and a Kereberus, the ones from the show not pre-show versions and man they are so cool like wow so much detail into them and colors and wow amazing ! The launcher is kinda weird though like i can't pull the string as far as i would and i feel like if i pull it too strongly it might break but i want it to go fast so i take the thingy between my thumb and finger kinda like an arrow and when i hit the end it just let go? is that how its supposed to go? Anyway they're awesome! oh my god like way better than my expectations and my expectations were really high now i can forget the metal ones ever existed! The overall toy feels really sturdy and high quality, i love it!

Oddly enough you do have the right launching technique hah. Congratulations.
But my launch is so slow! 560 average and 650 best ever! I'm a grown adult! Noooooooo!
Interestingly enough, the green one seems to win no matter the circumstances! Even if i launch the green one first, and then give the blue one a reasonably stronger launch, and the game look optimal for the attack type (note the blue one dues the pattern where it keeps going from the outside to the middle with a lot of kinetic energy over and over) it always ends the same way, the blue one bursts or the blue one looses spin, even though i feel like the green one's notches are more loose than the blue one, go figure!
That is because Kaiser Kerbeus is essentially top-tier for Defense, while you would need all the good circumstances (like a strong launch) to win with Victory Valkyrie.