Mononoke

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mononoke_%28anime%29

Everyone should watch this series. It's short, but so worth it. The animation is gorgeous (similar to Gankutuso in that it uses flat, textured colours and LOTS of them) and the story is really unique. I'm not done it myself (been watching it on and off the past two days - I'm on the last arc though), but it's seriously so amazing. It's a series that really makes you think. <3
Please post some screenshots.
I hate saving/posting images from the school computers since they're Macs and I'm retarded with them, but here:

[Image: 71d2hr4.jpg]
[Image: 73c4kdj.jpg]
whoa, that looks really creative

more anime should be so daring
I love the textures. I never got around to watching this show, but I'll do it soon.
I thought you were referring to the movie Princess Mononoke. That movie is amazing.
Damn thats sweet. reminds me of other anime i never saw "count of montecristo" (or something)
ps- MJ, i thought so too
Gankutsuo. It's based on Count.

Very loosely.
Well, I guess I'm Monte Cristo
We can all go see the band
I may not be a looker, yeah
But I'll help any way I can

And I may not be that handsome
And I may not even make you feel ALIIIIII-I-I-I-I-I-IVE

Was Gankutsuou based on the Count of Monte Cristo like how Romeo x Juliet was based off of Romeo and Juliet? Man, Gonzo sucks at adapting literary works. Every one they do seems to suck.
MJ Wrote:I thought you were referring to the movie Princess Mononoke. That movie is amazing.

Haha, I figured people would get confused. It was hard enough as it was finding those pictures for Brad because image search on Google brought up nothing but images from Princess Mononoke. I had to go search through back-entries on the Mononoke LJ comm for pictures.