Modded BeyBlade Format

(Feb. 10, 2021  5:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  5:39 PM)Drbstp Wrote: I don’t expect people to enter a tournament or stadium and not no what’s at stake. Like make a conscious decision to do battle; Sign a waiver even.

The thing is, ton of Bladers (mostly kids) just see ‘Beyblade tournament’ and sign up without reading the rules. And most of them think that they’re the best, and that they have some weird anime style connection with their Bey. While it’s really their own fault, would you really want to have to deal with that at an event, seeing a kid start crying because they’re favorite Bey got damaged?
I wouldn’t condone purposely trying to break people down. Beys get battle damage all the time, it’s the name of the game. They don’t call it a tournament for nothing.
(Feb. 10, 2021  5:51 PM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  5:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: The thing is, ton of Bladers (mostly kids) just see ‘Beyblade tournament’ and sign up without reading the rules. And most of them think that they’re the best, and that they have some weird anime style connection with their Bey. While it’s really their own fault, would you really want to have to deal with that at an event, seeing a kid start crying because they’re favorite Bey got damaged?
I wouldn’t condone purposely trying to break people down. Beys get battle damage all the time, it’s the name of the game. They don’t call it a tournament for nothing.

Right...they need to choose specifically which bey to use for battle without using it too much during training times and official tournaments.. ofcourse the blades get damaged during intense battles ..that's part of the game
(Feb. 10, 2021  5:51 PM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  5:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: The thing is, ton of Bladers (mostly kids) just see ‘Beyblade tournament’ and sign up without reading the rules. And most of them think that they’re the best, and that they have some weird anime style connection with their Bey. While it’s really their own fault, would you really want to have to deal with that at an event, seeing a kid start crying because they’re favorite Bey got damaged?

Damage isn’t a part of the game. Also by allowing mods you are indirectly allowing people to break beys. Beyblades where designed to not break upon contact, mods are designed to break most beys.
(Feb. 10, 2021  5:57 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  5:51 PM)Drbstp Wrote: I wouldn’t condone purposely trying to break people down. Beys get battle damage all the time, it’s the name of the game. They don’t call it a tournament for nothing.

Damage isn’t a part of the game. Also by allowing mods you are indirectly allowing people to break beys. Beyblades where designed to not break upon contact, mods are designed to break most beys.
I have to say this but that’s a bit of a “Burst” contradiction; just saying...
(Feb. 10, 2021  6:24 PM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  5:57 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Damage isn’t a part of the game. Also by allowing mods you are indirectly allowing people to break beys. Beyblades where designed to not break upon contact, mods are designed to break most beys.
I have to say this but that’s a bit of a “Burst” contradiction; just saying.

How does it contradict with burst? A burst is a disassembly mid battle which is something that can be easily fixed. Breakage is much more permanent and is hard to fix.
(Feb. 10, 2021  6:27 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  6:24 PM)Drbstp Wrote: I have to say this but that’s a bit of a “Burst” contradiction; just saying.

How does it contradict with burst? A burst is a disassembly mid battle which is something that can be easily fixed. Breakage is much more permanent and is hard to fix.
It’s a battle just like you said, in battle breakage happens; seen it in videos. It sucks but apparently people have a lot of Bey funding on here to buy new beys or parts. I’m speaking for those who want to prevent that with quick tweaks. I’m sure bladers over compensate with launches, parts and angels for strategy so what’s the difference in trying to reenforce a bey. I’m not saying glue your Bey together but make it more resistant to bursting or losing for that matter(KO, Stamina or Burst) a lose is a lose either way.
Drbstp, I can see that you really want to make your contribution to the community, and that's perfectly fine. It's simply not something that has never been seriously considered by the Organized Play Team. Nobody is stopping you from modifying Beys, but making a tournament format based around modifications would present many challenges such as poor game balancing, very specific legality rulings, and a lack of accessibility. If you think it'd be able to become a realistic format, I'd encourage you to create a detailed rulebook for it similar in style to the restricted formats this site has to offer (MFB Limited, Burst Classic, etc.) and present it as a serious proposal rather than just brainstorming. If the proposal doesn't go well, there are probably other platforms that would be interested in it or have already been hosting those kinds of tournaments.