Mobile Phone Question....

(Mar. 19, 2009  6:02 AM)Baronrana Wrote: Yeah, like right after that I hopped onto Gizmodo and I'm checking out the article right now.

holy jeebus gadzooks

that's insane. I'm really liking it

edit: about the shine.. idk about the flip, but the OG Shine operates Quadband, I believe.
Driger's from UK, right?
Any phone GSM phone that is available through AT&T or T-mobile direct with a contract is quadband. Any overseas carrier has been quadband for a while

Best thing about palm phones are their ability to customize. You can add different apps, a new browser, etc. as you see fit. My coworker is going to put Firefox on his.

Blackjacks are nice because it's a cheap, windows based phone. The 3G feature will mean nothing overseas, however, a windows based PDA phone for $100 is an insane price. That's why I own two. xD
I know that, but I was talking about the Shine Blue has on Verizon.. which is CDMA, not GSM. Wink

Plus, almost any phone nowadays can customize.. I'm running Opera, Google Maps, and a whole bunch of fun little things.

Also, basic WinMo < poop. If you wanna get something with WinMo, get a HTC Touch Pro or something with TouchFlo.. much better interface imo

EDIT: But I'm not gonna lie, Blackjack is pretty nice for it's price. I was actually gonna get one but my friend sold me his iPhone for $20. Grin
I would vouch for the BlackJack 2.

I own one, and while I have no data plan, I was able to pick it up fairly cheap with a contract and was able to do many things out of the box.

My favorite feature is the ease of use in setting ring tones and wallpapers. With many older phones you have to buy a special cable (witch came with mine) or email it to the phone or something funky. (Probably not so much a deal now...)

For the BlackJack, just place it on the MicroSD (which are dirt cheap now) and your good to go.

Also one of the first things you'll want to do is upgrade it to WinMo 6.1. It's a simple process, just connect the cable, download the updater, (I had to turn of virus for a sec) and the updater will flash Windows Mobile 6.1 on the puppy.

(Just for reference, I have the phone on AT&T in the US)
(Mar. 20, 2009  4:41 AM)BlueLink Wrote: I would vouch for the BlackJack 2.

I own one, and while I have no data plan, I was able to pick it up fairly cheap with a contract and was able to do many things out of the box.

My favorite feature is the ease of use in setting ring tones and wallpapers. With many older phones you have to buy a special cable (witch came with mine) or email it to the phone or something funky. (Probably not so much a deal now...)

For the BlackJack, just place it on the MicroSD (which are dirt cheap now) and your good to go.

Also one of the first things you'll want to do is upgrade it to WinMo 6.1. It's a simple process, just connect the cable, download the updater, (I had to turn of virus for a sec) and the updater will flash Windows Mobile 6.1 on the puppy.

(Just for reference, I have the phone on AT&T in the US)
Blackjack original has a lot of bugs in the browser. They cleaned it up in the Blackjack 2 for the most part.

Windows Mobile has made some improvements in the newer versions. The one that came with the original Blackjack is a load of carp, but for its price, it's super effective!