Metal x Burst Beyblade Format Idea

Here’s a Beyblade Tournament Format Idea I just thought up and will host soon, let me know your thoughts. 

Metal x Burst Format

Each blader has 3 metal and 3 burst blades in their deck. 

They reveal the blades to their opponent and then Assemble their deck in a alternating lineup (burst, metal, burst, metal, etc.) 

Burst will only battle burst And metal will only battle metal. 

First blader to 6 points wins.

Burst Round:
K.O. = 1pt
Spin Finish = 1pt
Burst = 2pts

Metal Round:
K.O. = 2pts
Spin Finish = 1pt

What cha think? Sound like a fun time?
(Apr. 11, 2022  6:05 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Here’s a Beyblade Tournament Format Idea I just thought up and will host soon, let me know your thoughts. 

Metal x Burst Format

They reveal the blades to their opponent and then Assemble their deck in a alternating lineup (burst, metal, burst, metal, etc.) 

Burst Round:
K.O. = 1pt
Spin Finish = 1pt
Burst = 2pts

Metal Round:
K.O. = 2pts
Spin Finish = 1pt

For the ones that can get the beys, this sounds fun. Although it does sound time consuming and idk if 6 beys will make the cut. 
 Also, would there be variants like "Burst x Metal standard" and "Burst x Metal limited"? (using the according standard and limited formats of each)
(Apr. 11, 2022  8:19 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2022  6:05 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Here’s a Beyblade Tournament Format Idea I just thought up and will host soon, let me know your thoughts. 

Metal x Burst Format

Burst Round:
K.O. = 1pt
Spin Finish = 1pt
Burst = 2pts

Metal Round:
K.O. = 2pts
Spin Finish = 1pt

For the ones that can get the beys, this sounds fun. Although it does sound time consuming and idk if 6 beys will make the cut. 
 Also, would there be variants like "Burst x Metal standard" and "Burst x Metal limited"? (using the according standard and limited formats of each)

I was aiming this at the folks that enjoy metal already, so for that small group it’ll be a breeze. We of course could have prizes in the form of metal to help folks built their collections. 

It wouldn’t be time consuming at all with the way I do my tournaments. It’ll be over in hour and a half for those that don’t make the top cut. But if I decide to do it as a standard tournament it shouldn’t take must longer than the time folks already allotted to being at the tournament. 

I think that would be fun, I was also going to do it as burst remakes only x metal and etc. there’s a lot of flexibility there.
This sounds legit and fun. I don't have a lot of MFB so that would be my struggle but it would be interesting to see the mix and match. Anything innovative and fun to this hobby we love I am all onboard for 😎
I like the idea but I only have 2 MFB beys and the better of the 2 isn't in that great of condition and legit MFB beys are damn near impossible to find these days
Hosted the first installment of this format and this is how it went:

Tournament: Nightwing's METAL x BURST Format #1
Date: 10.30.22
Format: Experimental
Rules Overview:
  • There are no banned parts for either system.
  • When called to battle each blader will present to the judge three (3) burst beyblades and three (3) metal fight beyblades for inspection.
  • After the judge has confirmed both blader's selection the bladers will set their decks (in secret) in the following order starting at the judge:
  1. Burst
  2. Metal Fight
  3. Burst
  4. Metal Fight
  5. Burst
  6. Metal Fight
  • Burst will ALWAYS fight burst and metal will ALWAYS fight metal.
  • You may make any mode changes to your beyblade after both players reveal their combo, turn around and make your changes... that is the time for both bladers to change, any attempt to change after seeing your opponent's mode change is a no-go.
  • You are allowed only ONE (1) spin direction change PER SYSTEM (So two (2) per match).
  • If a blader is using a dual spin layer such as Gravity (MFB) or Cho-Z Spriggan (Burst) that can be in either spin direction without being easily identified that blader will show the judge which launcher direction they will be presenting it in before presentation. This is to avoid anyone trying to get two spin changes in one system.
  • The match will begin with each blader's #1 (Burst) beyblade and end with their #6 (metal fight) beyblade.
  • Once all six battles have occurred the judge will tally up the score and determine the winner.
  • Scoring is as follows:
    Burst - KO = 1pt, Spin Finish = 1pt, Burst = 2pts
    MFB - KO = 2pts, Spin Finish = 1pt
    Ties: Two ties = next beyblade, no points awarded
  • Stadium: Angry DanShin TA Stadium

Winners: 1st - Mike.Nightwing | 2nd - JCMakeEmBurst | 3rd - G the master
Participants: 11
Play Style: Round Robin (11 Rounds) / No Finals
Start & End Time: 12:30p - 4:30p
Prizes:
1st - $50 www.BeysAndBricks.com
2nd - $40 www.MallOfToys.com
3rd - $30 www.FourGaming.com
Winning Combos:
Mike.Nightwing
  1. Belial 3.Dynamite (F Gear).Giga.Bearing Drift.9
  2. Valkyrie 2.Ultimate.Fortress.Xtreme'.10
  3. Belial 2.Astral.Illegal.Bearing'.0
  4. Metal face.Diablo.Horn 145.Rubber Flat
  5. MSF Custom (Metal Outer / Plastic Inner).Leviathan.Leviathan.Armor Defense 145.Wide Defense
  6. MSF Custom (Plastic Outer / Metal Inner).Dragoon.Phoenix.(Spin Track Name Unknown).Eternal Wide Defense
[Image: IMG-0242.jpg]

JCMakeEmBurst
  1. Persesus.Dynamite (F Gear).Over.High Xtend+'.9
  2. Spriggan.World.Fortress.Drift.1S
  3. Belial 3.Astral.Illegal.Bearing'.0
  4. Metal face.Diablo.Horn 145.Left Rubber Flat
  5. Screw?.Ifrit.Ifrit.Armor Defense 145.Wide Flat
  6. A Mean Face?.Sctyhe.(Spin Track Name Unknown).Wide Defense
[Image: 1-D15-CD60-A379-4621-8-E1-C-5-BD88-BFC3-C23.jpg] [Image: 5645793-E-AAEF-47-EE-B8-B0-0884598-F6-C08.jpg]

G the master
  1. Fafnir.Guilty.Giga.Quick'.2
  2. Xcaliber.Xiphoid.Xanthus.Xtreme'.1
  3. Dragon.Savior (Awakend).Nexus + D.Ultimate Reboot'.3
  4. Destroyer.Gravity.Armor Defense 145.Wide Defense
  5. Variares.Variares.(Spin Track Name Unknown).Delta Drive
  6. Drago.(Layer Name Unknown).105.Defense Spike
[Image: IMG-0240.jpg]

Stadium: Angry Shin Dan TA RePro Stadium
Be careful of bladers using Metal Sharp / doing too much 🤣
[Image: IMG-0251.jpg] [Image: IMG-0248.jpg] [Image: IMG-0247.jpg] [Image: IMG-0246.jpg] [Image: IMG-0245.jpg]
Disclaimer: I did not play nor collect MFB prior to participating in tournaments so I have very little knowledge of the part names. If you see any issues with the MFB or Burst part names please let me know so I can make the proper adjustments. Thank you.