Metal Gear Solid 4

Alright, so for the hell of it I decided to spoil the game for myself. I'm really not sure what I think about it, the story doesn't seem as good as MGS2 or MGS3. Although I really like how they explained Liquid's "possesion" of Ocelot.

The story seems like a let down (for a super hardcore MGS fan like me at least) but the presentation and gameplay still make me carp pumped to play the game.
incondite Wrote:Alright, so for the hell of it I decided to spoil the game for myself. I'm really not sure what I think about it, the story doesn't seem as good as MGS2 or MGS3. Although I really like how they explained Liquid's "possesion" of Ocelot.

The story seems like a let down (for a super hardcore MGS fan like me at least) but the presentation and gameplay still make me carp pumped to play the game.

You should definitely play through the whole game before judging the strength of the story, because the ending doesn't really hold up on its own.

Anyway, after what took carp FOREVER to sign up on Konami's stupid, cumbersome online network, I just tried my first game of MGO. Totally not impressed. Serious

Not that I was expecting anything mind blowing, but still. The game sucked.
Roan Wrote:
incondite Wrote:Alright, so for the hell of it I decided to spoil the game for myself. I'm really not sure what I think about it, the story doesn't seem as good as MGS2 or MGS3. Although I really like how they explained Liquid's "possesion" of Ocelot.

You should definitely play through the whole game before judging the strength of the story, because the ending doesn't really hold up on its own.
I read the story on Wikipedia and watched a lot of cutscenes on Youtube.

I'm not saying the story sucks or anything, I think it's actually far better for new MGS players like you Roan and most people, but I just think from what I've seen it's not that exciting.

My opinion could change by the time I finish with the game.

Also Roan, I think MGO is a game best played with people you know.
augh how do we voice chat though

thats the thing we gotta figure out. buy some cheap blutooth headset ryan
I really want that MGS4 fanbot headset...

:\
how? all i saw of it was something on kotaku but the one they got was obviously shipped broken or something.

i'll probably just buy some cheap one then.
I haven't seen a lot of the game but... Is Sunny special needs?
Successfully complete the game in Single Player mode on the hardest difficulty using no continues, instigating no alerts, killing no enemies (including Bosses), using no life recovery items, using no stealth suit or bandanna special items (can possess, but not activate), and with a completion time of less than 5 hours.

holy carp
incondite Wrote:I haven't seen a lot of the game but... Is Sunny special needs?

Yeah she has a stammer and she does seem to be a little... Well, slow. Obviously she isn't though, as she can write some fierce programming code. lol
wow the boss fights in mgs4 look so wicked.

much better than previous metal gear's, except mgs3's the end, he was rad.
I'm sure PS3s are region free right? I'm thinking on getting the European version as well lol...
incondite Wrote:I'm sure PS3s are region free right? I'm thinking on getting the European version as well lol...

wondering this as well, because i kinda want mine in white or some crazy color or something lol
bugturtles Wrote:
incondite Wrote:I'm sure PS3s are region free right? I'm thinking on getting the European version as well lol...

wondering this as well, because i kinda want mine in white or some crazy color or something lol
MGS4 isn't in a white case in Europe...

Unless you mean a actuall PS3 than that's different from what I'm saying.
bugturtles Wrote:

Unless you mean a actual PS3 than that's different from what I'm saying.
incondite Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bo-4...-2qn7.html

but in moonland it is
bugturtles Wrote:
incondite Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bo-4...-2qn7.html

but in moonland it is

It says right on that link's page that the PS3 has "No Region Protection". Wink
I picked it up yesterday, and I am enjoying it so far.

God, Ryan must be playing this thing with a permanent hardon because it's basically Old Snake dry humping the ground with his muscular buttocks slinking along.
Ominous Wrote:I picked it up yesterday, and I am enjoying it so far.

God, Ryan must be playing this thing with a permanent hardon because it's basically Old Snake dry humping the ground with his muscular buttocks slinking along.

HAHAHA YES

Its funny, but his carp and the humping was what I first noticed when I started playing the game.

I was amazed at how much detail they put into his carp. Kojima must know Snake has gay fans.
Roan Wrote:HAHAHA YES

Its funny, but his carp and the humping was what I first noticed when I started playing the game.

I was amazed at how much detail they put into his carp. Kojima must know Snake has gay fans.

It's not as funny as it is predictable. B)
DUDE I was going to Post earlier. Finished around 11am yesterday, stayed up the night playing, it just got too good.
carp OWNs pretty much everything out there imo. So many awsome parts, but Act4 was definately the sweetest. I HAD No idea Id go back there, and only beat it about two weeks ago. Then Battle at the end of the Act was SO killer.
I also really really liked Act 1, gameplay helps you master controls. Hell i even played for like hour and a half in the virtual range listening to the iPod. Dude Raiden was TOTAL BadaSS.

Replay value is so High on this game.
also first play through
[Image: DSCF5621.jpg]
[Image: DSCF5624.jpg]
[Image: DSCF5626.jpg]

yo sam, theres hope http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313967

carp yeahh seaking or what
blue the fourth chapter's environment was in trailers dude

just about everyone knew that carp was going to happen