Metal Gear Solid 4

Indian Wrote:Theatrical trailer is AWESOME.

A+++ SIIIICK THANKS for mentioning.
for everyone else: click this! hollywood style.
Roan Wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THIS GAME HAS A 90 MINUTE CUT SCENE

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/23/mgs4...tallation/

it says that all the cutscenes total at aroun 90 mins, not one 90 minute cutscene..lol
i think gta4 might have around 90 mins of cutscenes too? no difference really

though i personally think a 90 minute cutscene would be awesome

edit: nvm this post, didn't read the whole article, wow really a 90 min cutscene, awesome
SK Wrote:
Roan Wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THIS GAME HAS A 90 MINUTE CUT SCENE

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/23/mgs4...tallation/

it says that all the cutscenes total at aroun 90 mins, not one 90 minute cutscene..lol
i think gta4 might have around 90 mins of cutscenes too? no difference really

though i personally think a 90 minute cutscene would be awesome

edit: nvm this post, didn't read the whole article, wow really a 90 min cutscene, awesome

Yeah, see. lol

A single 90 minute cutscene. How is that awesome? You're supposed to be playing a game, not watching a carp movie.

90 minutes... That's like an entire movie stuffed into the context of the game. I'm sorry but I don't like this idea.
As long its not the beginning, than im stoked.
i'm 99% positive that the guy wasn't being serious when he said 90 minutes

kojima would be like shooting himself if he put something like that in there
Indian Wrote:i'm 99% positive that the guy wasn't being serious when he said 90 minutes

kojima would be like shooting himself if he put something like that in there

Well if it is true, then that would explain why Kojima seems to think an entire blu-ray disc isn't big enough.

All those 90 minute cutscenes sure must take up a lot of space, eh?
i honestly wouldn't mind a 90 minute cutscene Gasp

kojima should just make movies or something
Indian Wrote:kojima should just make movies or something

I've been telling Artie this for months.

He should either write books or make movies because to be entirely honest, I think his games suck and they are just awful vessels for really awesome stories.

I don't discredit Kojima at all for his writing ability. I think he's great at it. But god I wish he would put these crazy good stories into games that were fun to play.

I mean, I'll admit, MGS4 does look far and away better than any of the other games in the series, but still... A 90 minute cutscene.

And here we thought SquareEnix games were pretentious. :\
http://dailygamesnews.blogspot.com/2008/...scene.html

So it was not true, but really, I was actually hoping for the 90 min cutscene, it would be just like watching a movie

btw i played mgs 2 and a few hours into mgs 3(cd got a huge scratch and stopped working), can't carp wait for this game to be released
Roan Wrote:He should either write books or make movies because to be entirely honest, I think his games suck and they are just awful vessels for really awesome stories.

Do you really think that? I can't understand why you would say that, otherwise you really haven't played enough of any of his games. "suck"?
throw a dog a bone, he kinda broke the mold with the first Metal Gear.
Maybe try watching the Metal Gear retrospective on GameTrailers, might change your mind. Speechless

Thats his shick too, he doesn't want it to be a movie. He instead, wants his games or games in general to compete with Movies.
But touting it as "an interactive-movie" kind of experience. ie. the scope of a game can be way more massive than a movie, and span a way longer time while still developing the story, being entertaining.

Anyway I always like the cutscenes because they kinda are like a reward for playing. I wouldn't really care if it was long as long as you can pause it etc.
Blue Wrote:
Roan Wrote:He should either write books or make movies because to be entirely honest, I think his games suck and they are just awful vessels for really awesome stories.

Do you really think that? I can't understand why you would say that, otherwise you really haven't played enough of any of his games. "suck"?

Yes. I really think this.

Everyone keeps telling me that I should play MGS3 as its the best one or something, but I did my best to make it through the first two and both of them controlled awful and were boring.

The stealth action is suspenseful at first, but when you're doing it over and over again it easily loses its luster.
Roan Wrote:
Blue Wrote:

Yes. I really think this.

Everyone keeps telling me that I should play MGS3 as its the best one or something, but I did my best to make it through the first two and both of them controlled awful and were boring.

The stealth action is suspenseful at first, but when you're doing it over and over again it easily loses its luster.
Get MGS3: Subsistence.

All the CQC moves are <3 <3, camera is third person and not the carp over the top one in other games, jungle setting is <3, and story is still kind of wierd but generally is more straightforward for players who don't want a dead dude coming alive through another dude's arm.

Honestly I quit playing MGS3 about 75% of the way through and just unlocked the cutscene theater and watched to the end lol.
Yeah, a 2008 PS3 game that totally lives up to the hype, not like a certain shooter, *cough* Haze *cough*.
Takao Wrote:Yeah, a 2008 PS3 game that totally lives up to the hype, not like a certain shooter, *cough* Haze *cough*.
wait, isn't haze supposed to be carp?

i hope i have the money for a ps3 in time for mgs4.
incondite Wrote:
Takao Wrote:Yeah, a 2008 PS3 game that totally lives up to the hype, not like a certain shooter, *cough* Haze *cough*.
wait, isn't haze supposed to be carp?

i hope i have the money for a ps3 in time for mgs4.

No, he was saying that MGS4 WILL live up to the hype, while Haze didn't. Wink
90 minute cutscene?? wow atleast theres more Snake to love Smile I have a theory about it. I think it might be about Snake's life or something we don't really know wat he was like when he was younger like childhood and teen phase and tehy might even show wat happened at Zanzibar so keep that in mind it might be Snake retelling his life or something.
Litrid Wrote:90 minute cutscene?? wow atleast theres more Snake to love Smile I have a theory about it. I think it might be about Snake's life or something we don't really know wat he was like when he was younger like childhood and teen phase and tehy might even show wat happened at Zanzibar so keep that in mind it might be Snake retelling his life or something.
There is no 90 minute cutscene.
Dang, no stores allowed me to preorder the bundle. Infact, EB Games said I should rather buy a used 40GB and the game seperately. I'm like "No Dual Shock 3, no free game download + no Backwards compatability =No Purchase". I seriously did, I know I sounded like an carp, but that particular person has gave me many problems in the past(told me I had to be over 18 to trade in games, while another person says I just need ID, wouldn't allow me to buy a Teen game when I was 14. when the box clearly says "13+").

I'm interested in that debunked PSP rumor for Metal Gear 3 now.
I wish Walmart Canada honoured This. :sadface:.

But I think im going to go to HMV tonight to get my bundle. Its a great deal, just not as great as US fans...
Roan, I was just listening 1UP Yours and Ryan Payton or someone said that the game makes you want play it as a shooter by making it hard to be stealthy at first but it makes the rest of the game easier...

Dunno what that is supposed to mean.
incondite Wrote:Roan, I was just listening 1UP Yours and Ryan Payton or someone said that the game makes you want play it as a shooter by making it hard to be stealthy at first but it makes the rest of the game easier...

Dunno what that is supposed to mean.

Yeah, I listened to that too and he's right.

The AI in this game is much better and they don't just have a "vision cone" that as long as you stay away from they won't see you. The enemies are much more adept at hearing you make noise and they can spot you from a pretty good distance if you're moving carelessly. The first bits of the game are really difficult because you are in an urban environment and there aren't a lot of traditional places to hide. You have to be creative and plan ahead your route. Having played through Act 1 twice now, I've found a method that makes the beginning much easier. You can assist the PMCs and they'll pretty much accept you as one of their own, taking out the rebels and leaving you to go about your business. Unfortunately the game doesn't make it clear that you can manipulate the PMCs and/or Rebels to help you.

Some of the equipment you have can also give you away in certain parts of the game, particularly the Solid Eye.

But really I think what he meant was that it takes a while to adjust to the new setup of MGS4, and he even says later on in the episode that the first parts of the game are like sensory overload because there is so much going on on-screen and if you aren't careful and one soldier hears you he'll set off the alarm, which just makes for a really awful situation because there isn't really any one good place to hide to shake the enemy.