(Metal Fury) Beat Discussion

So I've been very busy lately so I haven't really had much time to make a testing thread for beat; however, I do believe it is one of the better metal fury beyblades.

The shape of beat was kept in tact fairly well and as a result, it retains a lot of the smash and characteristics of the takara tomy beat. You do need to deep bank with this, and get the launch perfect. I am by no means the best beat user and my takara tomy beat has been broken for a while now and its illegal for testing.

MF Beat Lynx GB145RF(Metal Fury) vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145MB
Beat: 14/20 (All KO)
Basalt: 6/20 (3 KO, 3 OS)

Beat Win Rate: 70%

4 Ties that were redone. lol

MF Beat Lynx GB145RF(Metal Fury) vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS
Beat: 12/20 (All KO)
Basalt: 8/20 (3 KO, 5 OS)

Beat Win Rate: 60%

3 Ties that were redone.

Beat has much less recoil than cosmic, however it's attacks aren't as powerful.

It's basically a takara tomy beat that has less weight (I know terrible description. Let me explain). It has the exact same feel when launching as a takara tomy beat, and has just about the same (if not a little worse) smash as the takara tomy beat.

However, because it weights about 10 grams less, it flies back farther than the takara tomy beat. This makes beat easier to ko (as shown in the amount of ties and kos by basalt) and it has less weight behind its contact points.

So all in all, beat is a fantastic wheel for metal fury, but it's outclassed by cosmic.

5 round video:
Well, it seems to be doing Ok. I'm surprised really it did as good as the tests say.
Yeah, I thought that Beat would turn out fairly well compared to the other Fury wheels. Glad to see more wheels than just Cosmic proving to be worth getting.

It definitely needs that early KO or it loses all power. In your video, Beat hardly ever had another chance to KO after it slowed down a bit, which showcases the low amount of recoil, so it's probably safe to say Cosmic is one of, if not the top Attack wheel in the Hasbro meta, but more testing will probably have to be done to confirm. From what I have heard about Blitz though, I don't think it can even touch Cosmic. In the Hasbro Blitz thread, it hasn't shown much promise at all.
I'd love to get an actual weight of Beat since the TT/Sonoking version was already one of the lighter 4D wheels. Mine's not even 40 grams iirc, heh. While this will definitely be much lighter, it might not actually be as extreme a difference as the other Metal Fury wheels.
(Aug. 23, 2012  6:13 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: Yeah, I thought that Beat would turn out fairly well compared to the other Fury wheels. Glad to see more wheels than just Cosmic proving to be worth getting.

It definitely needs that early KO or it loses all power. In your video, Beat hardly ever had another chance to KO after it slowed down a bit, which showcases the low amount of recoil, so it's probably safe to say Cosmic is one of, if not the top Attack wheel in the Hasbro meta, but more testing will probably have to be done to confirm. From what I have heard about Blitz though, I don't think it can even touch Cosmic. In the Hasbro Blitz thread, it hasn't shown much promise at all.

Yeah, one of the main reasons for Cosmic's success was the modified shape. It's contact points were more pronounced, the gaps were larger, and there was more metal behind each contact point (1 piece).

The takara tomy beat didn't really have a "split metal wheel" and the metal fury beat's contact points weren't changed, so as a result, it would be a "TT Beat with less weight".
Same goes with Blitz. The shape wasn't really changed so we can't expect performance better than the TT Blitz.

However, I am excited for jade. Jade (Follows the cosmic trend of a new shape) might be a fantastic wheel if the weight doesn't kill it first.
(Aug. 23, 2012  6:54 AM)Ingulit Wrote: I'd love to get an actual weight of Beat since the TT/Sonoking version was already one of the lighter 4D wheels. Mine's not even 40 grams iirc, heh. While this will definitely be much lighter, it might not actually be as extreme a difference as the other Metal Fury wheels.

Well, none of the Beat Metal Wheels (except for a few rare exceptions; of the type of the 50g Basalt) ever surpassed 40g, IIRC.
So, its not just your Beat, haha! Smile
I believe it weighed around 38-39 grams only.

So as you said, the weight difference between the TT/SK Beat and the Hasbro Beat wouldn't be too large.
However, even this small difference in weight would account for a large influence on its performance.
Beat wasn't an extraordinary Attack wheel like Flash is today. It was just......... something. Tongue_out

It was extremely specific in its setup; which is why it kinda "sucked" when not used on GB145RF.

I am pretty impressed by the results though! Joyful_3
I agree Meow!, I believe Jade will definitely have some potential. I saw a video comparing the Hasbro to the TT Jade, and it seemed alright.
Where did you get that Aquario CW? It looks cool. O: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. XD
Dayum shame you can't do comparative results. I happen to have the TT one, so I can do some tests tomorrow. Smile
And glad to see that it can even achieve anything against Basalt. Maybe Metal Fury won't be entirely horrible.
wow,beat seems pretty good. credit to Insom for epic sigSmile
The weight difference is not somethig to be happy about, but it isnt as bad as some other Metal Fury wheel weight changes. And the fact that it performs like this gives me hope. All in all, not bad, given the circumstances.
MF Beat Lynx GB145RF(Metal Fury) vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS
Basalt: 7/20 (3 KO, 5 OS)

3 Ties that were redone

Basalt should be 8/20 not 7/20
Not sure of I'll be able to test, my RF is pretty new, and it's that mold from Hasbros Cyber Aquario, and I'm not used to a new RF Confused
So yeah, I don't wanna make it seem like one is better than the other because atm I suck with attack types, lol.
(Aug. 25, 2012  3:40 PM)Buzz Lightyear Wrote: MF Beat Lynx GB145RF(Metal Fury) vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS

3 Ties that were redone

Thanks for the correction.

I made another video demonstrating the launch, if anyone is interesting. The description explains it in detail.

(Aug. 25, 2012  5:54 PM)Meow! Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2012  3:40 PM)Buzz Lightyear Wrote: MF Beat Lynx GB145RF(Metal Fury) vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS

3 Ties that were redone

Thanks for the correction.

I made another video demonstrating the launch, if anyone is interesting. The description explains it in detail.

Try it against MF-H Death (defense mode) Aquario BD145CS...
(Sep. 02, 2012  6:49 PM)Shogun Wrote: Try it against MF-H Death (defense mode) Aquario BD145CS...

Yeah, I agree. A more current Competitive Combo will be better for testing. Although, Basalt is a tank. Great tests! Looking forward to more.
Maybe we should do tests comparing Beat to Cosmic?
I'm almost positive that Cosmic would outdo Beat, but hey, that's a great idea!
Hmm, could you do MF Cosmic/Beat ___ S130R2F vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS? And if those are good, then bump Basalt up to a Duo, or Death.
I agree, but we won't know until some more tests are shown.