Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know!

Takao Wrote:It's all the fault of those video games! They are the spawn of the devil!

No, look

50% of the aggressiv Childrens are playing video games
but 100% eat bread
forbiden bread!!!

xD
No i don't think it's really about the video games is more about the tv and peoples like bushido or 50 cent...

peace
red_eyes
The reality is all of these older folks who don't understand gaming are looking for something to blame the current generation's awful behavior and their poor parenting skills on.

Video games are a great unknown to them, so its easy to place the blame there. I think its ridiculous and completely misguided to do this, particularly by those who've never even picked up a controller in their lives, and unfortunately its almost always these people who blame video games for everything wrong with their children.
Roan Wrote:The reality is all of these older folks who don't understand gaming are looking for something to blame the current generation's awful behavior and their poor parenting skills on.

Video games are a great unknown to them, so its easy to place the blame there. I think its ridiculous and completely misguided to do this, particularly by those who've never even picked up a controller in their lives, and unfortunately its almost always these people who blame video games for everything wrong with their children.

Truth. Video games are the new Rock Music.

As an added aside, your comments reminded me of that Fox News segment where they had a womens rights advocate (iirc) talking with a host from G4 (again iirc) re: the "sex simulation" game Mass Effect. I don't have the link but it was clear that the woman was a 1:1 emulation of the mother from Detroit Rock City.
Not to wreck the pretty interesting conversation, but let us please stay on topic Wink
Marin Wrote:
Roan Wrote:The reality is all of these older folks who don't understand gaming are looking for something to blame the current generation's awful behavior and their poor parenting skills on.

Truth. Video games are the new Rock Music.

As an added aside, your comments reminded me of that Fox News segment where they had a womens rights advocate (iirc) talking with a host from G4 (again iirc) re: the "sex simulation" game Mass Effect. I don't have the link but it was clear that the woman was a 1:1 emulation of the mother from Detroit Rock City.

Ugh that video was painful to watch.

ANYWAY...

Done thread hijacking now.
just throwing in my ughs and lols for that mass effect video
TAKARA-TOMY updated their site.

Apparently, there is going to be a "Metal Fight Beyblade Birth Festival" in July in Japan at the World Hobby Festival, where people who attend could receive gifts ...

The first event is probably called "Gangster Jam Bey" ("ganganstajam bei", first part is a typo?), and the second is "Point Battle Challenge".

On another note, looking at the layouts, either they are trying to be cool, or the new series will be street-oriented.
Kai-V Wrote:On another note, looking at the layouts, either they are trying to be cool, or the new series will be street-oriented.

I knew it.

I hate my life.
Excellent. Fifty Cent with a beyblade.. Yo yo yo... taking it to the street!

This might just be the thing to kill beyblade.
Am I the only one who thinks it could be kind of cool? Look at Samurai Champloo!
Birth Festival sounds funny, can anyone translate the japanese stuff?
Sasch Wrote:Birth Festival sounds funny, can anyone translate the japanese stuff?
I translated what I could in my previous post. I do not think there is anything else that is important.
oh sorry I thought you wouldn't refer to exactly this site.
Bey Brad Wrote:Am I the only one who thinks it could be kind of cool? Look at Samurai Champloo!

While I will admit that I like Samurai Champloo (Or used to anyway, I haven't read the manga since the 2nd volume), I don't foresee this working for beyblade.

Its more likely to come across corny and stupid in a beyblade setting.
heaven forbid the beyblade anime be corny and stupid
Bey Brad Wrote:heaven forbid the beyblade anime be corny and stupid

Well obviously I'm not expecting otherwise, but I think adding in an urban aesthetic is going to further ruin any chance it had at being good.
I mean the original anime had some of it in it. That guy in the PPB training area with the mic Takao fought. Rick in the underground and heck even Carlos were all street players/gangstas. It might be worth a look to see just how crazy it is, but as a whole it would seem it goes away from what Beyblade was originally, which is mythical. That had a lot to do why it appealed to me, this being said Pegasus Chiron Bull Leo? It might still be a little mythical just westernized. Guess we just have to wait and see since there is very little revealed and other stuff won't likely come out till much later on. Ah pointless speculation... How I love it so.
Yeah, I think people are worrying a bit too much, I doubt it's going to be as "urbanized" as you're all expecting. I expect it to be the same Beyblade we know with a bit of a hip-hop vibe (even 2002 had this for a while).
Am I right in thinking all the tops announced so far come with a right spin launcher, or has there been no word on this?
Marin Wrote:Am I right in thinking all the tops announced so far come with a right spin launcher, or has there been no word on this?

No word thus far.
Samurai Champloo was awesome (my favorite anime) but this anime is aimed for kids which takes away the best part(not so much best as idea) of gangstaness which is guns and fights and stuff that isn't really appropriate for beyblade. Besides Samurai Champloo was about samurai's and it was aimed for older audiences. This is gonna suck if the anime is street oriented because I kind of get motivated to beyblade from watching the anime. Because I don't have any real reason to beyblade otherwise.
Metal beyblades are cheat/cheap, and should not be allowed in battle. I have 2 and I tested it with my double weight blades and one of the weights got pulverized by the metal beyblade. It shattered into four pieces! DO NOT USE METAL BEYBLADES!
awesomonewb Wrote:Metal beyblades are cheat/cheap, and should not be allowed in battle. I have 2 and I tested it with my double weight blades and one of the weights got pulverized by the metal beyblade. It shattered into four pieces! DO NOT USE METAL BEYBLADES!

leave this board and never come back
"yeah... yeah... whatever," said Kai.