Metal Face Gravity Perseus D125/AD145RF

Slick name for rather interesting Smash combos. =)

On this Forum, there has been a lot of discussion in regard to Gravity Perseus, and its Smash Attack properties. However, since quite a bit of the discussion has been done on 145 Height, I thought that I should try this out on a mid-Height Track; 125 to be exact.

The reason is that I've always liked Smash combos at 125 Height is because I'm not the biggest fan of RF combos on 145. 85-100RF combos can be great, but again, I'm a huge fan of mid-Height Smashers.

I decided to do tests on Gravity Perseus on D125 and AD145 to see if Gravity Perseus has better potential on D125, or AD145 (I don't have R145, sorry).

Equipment
- Bey Launcher LR with black, Launcher Rubber, black Launcher Grip, black Grip Rubber, (and Bey Pointer)
- Bey Launcher L with white Launcher Rubber, white Launcher Grip, white Grip Rubber, (and Bey Pointer)

Beyblades Tested
- MF Gravity Perseus D125RF
- MF Gravity Perseus AD145RF

Top-Tier Beyblades Tested Against
- MF Pegasis 145RF
- MF Lightning L-Drago CH120RF at 120 Height
- MF Earth Bull C145WB
- Burn Bull 145SD

Stadium
- Metal Fight Beyblade Attack Type Stadium

Legend
- GPD = MF Gravity Perseus D125RF
- GPA = MF Gravity Perseus AD145RF
- P = MF Pegasis 145RF
- LLD = MF Lightning L-Drago CH120RF
- EB = MF Earth Bull C145WB
- BB = Burn Bull 145SD
- KO = Knock Out
- OS = Out=Spin

Testing for MF Gravity Perseus D125RF - Right-Spin Counter Mode

Testing for MF Gravity Perseus AD145RF - Right-Spin Counter Mode

A video provided by TheDude.

Testing of D125 and AD145 in Left-Spin Counter Mode and Conclusions are to be posted.
Interesting, average results. Gasp
I would try it out when I get Gravity Perseus.
Nice testing Momo !
This makes me want to get a Gravity Perseus. Pinching_eyes_2
I like D125 more; watch the vids, guys. =) Oh, and if the mods can help with my [spoiler]s; I'm trying to hide D125 Results under the D125 heading.

Edit: NVM. I just fixed it.

More people need to test this.
I can vouch for the strength of this combo on D125. Before making a few request for Momo on my Youtube channel I hadn't used Gravity much, but now it's one of my top choices along Vulcan and Lightning for attack wheels.

Seriously the strength of Gravity isn't to be scoffed at, I've found it to have stronger smash then Quetzalcoatl and Pegasus.
Impressive!
Great job,thanks for your work (tests and videos) !
Maybe this question is stupid,but:
Something could be change the % of victory using MF 2 on Gravity Perseus?
My only question is why did you test it against attack combos when it's an attack combo and therefore should be tested mainly against defence combos....
(Nov. 21, 2010  6:27 PM)megablader2 Wrote: My only question is why did you test it against attack combos when it's an attack combo and therefore should be tested mainly against defence combos....

Not like it hurts.
My Left-Spin results will surprise some of you, hahah, but in some informal tests, I don't get results as good as the ones I got on this test. Will post tonight; I have to go out soon.

Galaxy: I'm not sure as I don't have MF-2. Actually, I've played with this combo without a Metal Face, and it seems to work just as well, if not better. Oh, and those videos are actually Fyuuor's. I just requested him to play with Gravity for a bit and gain another person's opinion.

@megablader2: I knew someone would ask about this. The reason why I tested it out against Attack Types is to see whether it has any competitive value or not. In a competitive situation, there may be instances where your Attack combo is faced off with another Attack combo. Even though your combo may be able to destroy a Defense Type, it may not necessarily mean that it can withstand another Attack Type. That's why I value test results against other Attack Types.
Thanks to specify me the situation,Momo Smile
Excellent work!
Yes but it makes more sense to testing against a lot of defence combos rather than attack is all although i'm guessing you don't have a GB145 or RS/RSF to do it with.
This is interesting. I shall test this when I get my Attack Stadium (December the 5th)...maybe that's a bit too late.
(Nov. 21, 2010  9:18 PM)megablader2 Wrote: Yes but it makes more sense to testing against a lot of defence combos rather than attack is all although i'm guessing you don't have a GB145 or RS/RSF to do it with.

I agree with Momo, testing against defence combinations is the main priority but we still need to test against stamina types and attack types to find out whether or not a certain attack combination has competitive advantage over another. As Momo said the situation will arise in a tournament scene of attack vs attack with one attack combination having a great win rate against defence types but a horrible win rate against other attackers, ie Quetzalcoatl.

While it's difficult to record conclusive results with attack vs attack but if one combination seems to have a significantly higher win rate over another those results surely must count for something?
I think that you can do the "final test" against:

MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS

It's an excellent defense customization!

Smile
Heh, Glad I ordered that Gravity Perseus. Too bad I won't be able to keep the bey itself, but only the launcher. ):
Great combo, Momo! I just tried GPD myself (vs MF Earth Aquario C145B) and was amazed by how much smash Gravity has at 125 height. Despite the fact that my defense combo is outclassed, I seemed to get better results with GPD than with MF Pegasis 145RF.
And just out of curiosity, I also tried GPD in Defense Mode and was not very impressed..

(Nov. 21, 2010  5:39 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: More people need to test this.
I can do some more testing on GPD if I have free time this weekend. I don't have any top-tier defense combos, but I can do further testing vs MF Pegasis 145RF and some other combos if you want.

MAJOR EDIT:
I just realized that what I've been referring to as "Defense Mode" was actually "Counter Mode." So it looks like I was getting better results and more violent KOs with Defense Mode rather than Counter Mode, which is very.. interesting..
Now I definitely have to retry this combo later this week to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.
Awesome tests Momo, you made me want to buy a Perseus. xD
I'll be getting MF-H from the L-Drago Reshuffle Set, and if I feel like splurging, I'll also get the Perseus Reshuffle Set so I can make other Defense combos. But if anyone has MF-H, GB145, and RS/RSF at the moment, please test GPD out if you can.

Thank you everyone for your input, and please continue discussing. =)

Edit: I want to add that MF Pegasis 145RF doesn't really do too well against other Attack Types, from what I've informally tested anyway. This would warrant the need for Attack vs. Attack testing.
I've noticed the same with MF Pegasis 145RF along with Quetzalcoatl 90RF. Though Lightning, Vulcan, Gravity and Meteo all seem to do well in attack vs attack.

I personally think that attack vs attack is a valid option for testing.
I hate to spoil the "up-talk" but when i tested it, it couldn't even knock out rock eagle 145wd,but of course my rf looks pretty worn it is probably 3/4of it's original size. I'm not sure what thats classified as, but i barely got a full circle of flowering patterns, but if i put the rf on something like burn pheonix 125rf it won't stop atttacking. what's wrong with my gravity perseus. It seem like its to "fat" to move on a rf that works perfectly fine on a lighter attack combo.
(Nov. 22, 2010  1:12 PM)masterofallbeys Wrote: I hate to spoil the "up-talk" but when i tested it, it couldn't even knock out rock eagle 145wd,but of course my rf looks pretty worn it is probably 3/4of it's original size. I'm not sure what thats classified as, but i barely got a full circle of flowering patterns, but if i put the rf on something like burn pheonix 125rf it won't stop atttacking. what's wrong with my gravity perseus. It seem like its to "fat" to move on a rf that works perfectly fine on a lighter attack combo.

Nothing's wrong with your Gravity Perseus it's your RF which is severely worn. Also what stadium are you using?
(Nov. 22, 2010  1:12 PM)masterofallbeys Wrote: I hate to spoil the "up-talk" but when i tested it, it couldn't even knock out rock eagle 145wd,but of course my rf looks pretty worn it is probably 3/4of it's original size. I'm not sure what thats classified as, but i barely got a full circle of flowering patterns, but if i put the rf on something like burn pheonix 125rf it won't stop atttacking. what's wrong with my gravity perseus. It seem like its to "fat" to move on a rf that works perfectly fine on a lighter attack combo.

If you're not in the Attack Stadium, then the answer is obvious, but I think it's your RF, as Fyuuor mentioned. The videos should be proof that this combo is pretty decent =P

I also get worse results with Burn as an Attack Wheel, but anyway, back to the discussion. =)
um i'm using a takara standard stadium, balace stadium mode with attack stadium wall(the white ones) and myy burn is hasbro so that might explain why it has more attack.

edit: mever mind it was my rf i put in in my beylauncher so it would have more spin and it easily knock out all my beys. it seems to me to even be better than lightning l drago with more smash, and little need for a metal face. Not once did it loose!
(Nov. 22, 2010  10:54 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: I've noticed the same with MF Pegasis 145RF along with Quetzalcoatl 90RF. Though Lightning, Vulcan, Gravity and Meteo all seem to do well in attack vs attack.

I personally think that attack vs attack is a valid option for testing.

I think it's because the plastic on the HWS Attackers absorbs most of the shock. That can explain why MF Lightning L-Drago CH120RF rarely gets pushed back when it's going against another Attack Type.

Since the Metal System Beys don't have any plastic to take this absorb the shock from hits, the metal takes all of the blunt work, resulting in the MS Beys to get KO'd more easily.
this was quite sucsessful against my good defense beys( yes that includes earth mold 2 ), so i tested it against all my beys. it seems to have a little trouble with dark wolf df145fs! yes yes i know i was even using the string launcher to get a half way decent flower pattern. it might have something to do with the height or something, cause i noticed a ring portion of the gravity metal wheel is completely circular so that might only be touching causing no attack. hate to be a downer on this topic! I also noticed dark has very litte recoil and unlike earth haas cosistent level edges. kinda looks like this ::::Unhappydark) not ::.:Unhappyearth) so on some points on earth, it hits high recoil points on gravity at that height, but not with dark. Yes i am using a takara standard stadium with attack walls.