Megaman series

To me Rockman and RockmanX series will be the best because i grew up in them. my favourite individual game has to be X6 though, the newer ones look kack (and yes i've played them too).
I thought the ZX series was somewhat reminiscent of X series, oh well.

The difficulty of the games has gone pretty downhill though, IMO.
Oh, definately. They just aren't as challenging anymore. It's all about graphics and 3-D nowadays. Such a waste of the tried-and-true older platforming that we all know and love 'sighs'.
megaman X i just love it
and in my opinion the megaman x version of zero pwns the megaman zero version of zero
well they can't have him so overpowered as the main character.

I think it's to appeal to the current audience. The average "gamer" doesn't really want to spend their whole time stuck on the same level. They just want to finish up and and get a sense of accomplishment.
That doesn't mean that the levels have to be hysterically easy.
Besides, Megaman is known for its difficulty. Without that difficulty, you really can't say that you've accomplished anything amazing. All that you've done is beaten an easy game. Where's the fun and accomplishment in that?
I completely agree, I just percieve that to be the reason.
Of course. I just don't like that selling strategy, since I play games pretty much entirely based on the challenge. That's why I LOVED 9 and X6. But no, your right. That probably is the reason.
time to play some minimalist challenge with the newer one then, hah.
What, 10? To be honest, 10 is harder than 9 for me, if only because the weaknesses for the Archive is a mystery and I don't want to look it up. Plus, the bosses just do that much more damage.

I hope that Legends 3 is old-school challenging, though. The DS systems need a challenging game badly!
My favorite was always the Megaman X series (obviously lol) I liked all the MMX games... At least untill X7 and X8..... I didn't like them at all
(Oct. 14, 2010  1:15 AM)BladerAce17 Wrote: What, 10? To be honest, 10 is harder than 9 for me, if only because the weaknesses for the Archive is a mystery and I don't want to look it up. Plus, the bosses just do that much more damage.

I hope that Legends 3 is old-school challenging, though. The DS systems need a challenging game badly!

Almost completely unrelated, but I tried a minimalist no dash, only uncharged Z-sabre boss run (well, I had to get up to the boss, but still) in MMZ. Harpuia was about the easiest boss to beat, aside from ....leviathan(the ice/water megagirl).
Not too unrealated. The Zero series was what Megaman in general is supposed to be: Challenging. Did that challenge work out for you?

I know that Omega from ZX is difficult. I tried both a ZX Saber only run, and a no health recovery run, of that boss. Difficult as carp, but doable! Try it out, it's pretty fun!

ZeroVirus, why don't you like X7 an... wait, forget that, why don't you like X8?
Hah, it worked out not too badly, until my battle with phantom. Nigh on impossible for me to beat without dash, hah.

Although I like the challenging nature of the games, I must say I'm nowhere near a skilled player.
NT Warrior and Star Force are my two favs, particulary NTW
wow guys, i can't belive this that there's other members that like these games like me! i myself have 100% on...
. original megaman 1-8 + power fight & power battle
.megaman&bass[gba]
.all x series games
.all zero series games
.all battle network+ network transmission & rockman ws
.zx & zx advent
.star force
pm me for i have a ton of knowlege on megaman or just reply here. plus, there must be a zero 5 in the works, they can't just end it all the way they did in zero 4.
(Oct. 16, 2010  3:18 AM)SPegasis Master Wrote: NT Warrior and Star Force are my two favs, particulary NTW

There will always be a place for Battle Network for me. It was my first Megaman series, after all! Which ones do you have?

Deltahedran, you must have poured a lot of time into those games to 100% them. How long have you been playing for?
I just beat my old copy of megaman legends.
I take back what i said about X being the only megaman series i like. XD
The game was really a challenge for me!
Can`t wait for legends 3 on the 3DS.
I adore the X series , and I personally love X4 and X8.Probably even X6.
Honestly, I've seen the gameplay video. It's not very impressive. In fact, the character models are quite, should I say, atrocious. I don't care that you can use a variety of Nintendo characters affiliated with Megaman, it doesn't look good at all. I'm sorry to dissapoint, but it just isn't.
I`ve herd about that megaman online thing before. I honestly can`t say i like,or hate,the new designs.
The story sounds a little boring to me. The thing is only go to be korean for right now from what i hear,and i would have prefered Axl over Duo.
I might play it someday if it comes out in english.
(Oct. 17, 2010  3:28 AM)BladerAce17 Wrote: Honestly, I've seen the gameplay video. It's not very impressive. In fact, the character models are quite, should I say, atrocious. I don't care that you can use a variety of Nintendo characters affiliated with Megaman, it doesn't look good at all. I'm sorry to dissapoint, but it just isn't.
I think u saw the megaman universe trailer not megaman online
(Oct. 17, 2010  7:11 PM)mesorangerxx Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2010  3:28 AM)BladerAce17 Wrote: Honestly, I've seen the gameplay video. It's not very impressive. In fact, the character models are quite, should I say, atrocious. I don't care that you can use a variety of Nintendo characters affiliated with Megaman, it doesn't look good at all. I'm sorry to dissapoint, but it just isn't.
I think u saw the megaman universe trailer not megaman online

It's very possible. If so, then I hope that a gameplay trailer for Online get released soon.