Megalodon's Return: Earth Drowns

Now, people usually use Earth or Burn for stamina. This is understandable because they are known as the best staminal wheels to date as well as Virgo. However, Thermal has been severly underestimated. It is still by far one of the most notable and most useful stamina wheels. It can produce enough force for KOs and enough stamina for OS on any low track Earth based stamina combo. It tears Earth apart. In fact, it should be looked at as better than Earth. The Thermal wheel used for this testing was in very used condition while the Earth was brand new. Thermal was also launched first all the time. I call this combo Megalodon: Thermal Aquario 105WD. The combo it kills so easily and consistently is Earth Aquario 85WD. Also, everything above this combo was completely destroyed besides 230 which was formidable. All testing was done by me and Bluezee and each person switched combos after 10 rounds.

MFB Attack Stadium
Earth 85WD(Bluezee) vs. Thermal 105WD(Spin-Sonic)
Earth: 1/10 (By Gattayaki)
Thermal: 9/10 (All OS)
Thermal win rate: 90%

Earth 85WD(Spin-Sonic)vs. Thermal 105WD(Bluezee)
Earth: 0/10
Thermal: 10/10
Thermal Win Rate: 100%

Thermal 105WD(Spin-Sonic) vs. Burn Bull 85WD(Bluezee)
Thermal: 5/10(1 OS 4KO)
Burn: 5/10(5 OS)
Thermal: 50%

Thermal 105WD(Bluezee) vs. Burn Bull 85WD(Spin-Sonic)
Thermal 6/10(3 OS 3KO)
Burn: 4/10 (1 KO 3OS)
Thermal: 60%

Thermal 105WD(Spin-Sonic) vs. Earth Aquario 230WD(Bluezee)
Thermal: 6/10 (6OS)
Earth: 4/10 (4OS)
Thermal: 60%

Thermal 105WD(Bluezee) vs. Earth Aquario 230WD(Spin-Sonic)
Thermal: 7/10 (7OS)
Earth: 3/10 (3OS)
Thermal: 70%

Videos will be up soon. Just need to be processed by Bluezee.
you really should test with both earth and thermal on the same height...

and how did you and bluezee launch?
Test it with the same parts, only difference will be the metal wheel. I've always liked Thermal as an Stamina wheel...
i c wat u did thar. (title)
Looks like it did well, did Bluezee do his launch?
I used my launch when I used all of the combos that were not 230 or thermal. Spin Sonic has a stronger shot than me. I just use my strength and technique to compensate for it when im not using stamina types.
Oh shoot! I just sold my Thermal WHeel Crying..
^^ We don't really know if Thermal will beat Earth and Burn in Stamina properly yet, so don't cry...
We did the requested testing at the same height today and here were the results:

MFB Attack Stadium
Thermal launched first
Megalodon(Thermal 105WD launched by Spin-Sonic) vs. Earth 105WD(Me)
Thermal 100% win rate

Reverse Order:

Testing 2: Simultaneous Launching
Megalodon(Spin-Sonic) vs. Earth 105WD(Me)
Thermal 100%

Reverse Order
Thermal vs. Earth
Thermal: 9/10
Earth: 1/10
Thermal 90%

Every track, at every height, the results were the same. 100 vs. 100, 105 vs. 105, CH120 vs. CH120, etc. All the same results. Thermal NEVER went under a 90% win rate. Thermal is just better than Earth.
WOW! Compelling result! I wouldn't have guessed.
interesting and definatly unexpected. thanks!

is Thermal supposed to be pre-hws Picses? or is Thermal to Pre-HWS Picses as Storm is to Pre-HWS Pegasis?
I'm not quite understanding here;
Thermal has been tested and has been proven to be worse than burn and earth. all the parts in these tests (earth, Burn, bull, aquario, 105, 85, wd) have not changed, so how could this all of a sudden get a 100% win rate against those parts, while Being at the same height as each other, with the same bottom, and clear wheel?
The second option.

Edit: I think Daegor was the only one who could drudge through doing so many stamina battles, and he found that Burn>Thermal and later was put on the top-tier list. People never bothered with Thermal afterwards because it didn't do as well as Burn. By the way, is this Mold 1 or 2 Earth?
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:40 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: I'm not quite understanding here;
Thermal has been tested and has been proven to be worse than burn and earth. all the parts in these tests (earth, Burn, bull, aquario, 105, 85, wd) have not changed, so how could this all of a sudden get a 100% win rate against those parts, while Being at the same height as each other, with the same bottom, and clear wheel?

Simple. Not being properly tested and people not using their beyblades correctly. I could post a video up but it wont make a difference. The facts remain the same.
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:41 AM)Dan Wrote: The second option.

Edit: I think Daegor was the only one who could drudge through doing so many stamina battles, and he found that Burn>Thermal and later was put on the top-tier list. People never bothered with Thermal afterwards because it didn't do as well as Burn. By the way, is this Mold 1 or 2 Earth?

Mold 2. Mold 1 was too light and it got KOed too consistenly and when it didn't get KOed, it still lost.
ah i see. so I guess it is the same as Evil and Gemios as well?

I agree. While this is interesting, Earth always beats thermal. Perhaps we aren't considering molds. Maybe this test includes a incredibly strong thermal mold and a crappy earth mold? or maybe it has nothing to dp with them. perhaps it may be the pther parts' molds on the bey?
For it to be added on the top-tier list, it would need someone else's results anyway, so let us wait for that ...
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: For it to be added on the top-tier list, it would need someone else's results anyway, so let us wait for that ...

I am going to Toys 'R Us tomorrow and I'll buy Thermal so I can confirm or deny these tests. (Well needed trip, RF's worn. haha.)
So you're saying that all of the people that have thermal, except for you and Spin-Sonic, cannot launch a beyblade or test?

Mods, admins, veterans, average Joe beybladers, everyone, has gotten different, and you think that every one of them can't launch properly or test?

If 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 people (just a random number) found that thermal is bad, then two people come up and somehow get the complete opposite, while nothing has changed, then you just think it's better than earth and burn?
Bul carp. But that's my opinion.

That was towards bluezee
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:45 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: so I guess it is the same as Evil and Gemios as well?

maybe, but evil and gemios are different to thermal, though through my tests evil>earth

interesting, can it be tested with both thermal and earth on 145?
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:43 AM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:40 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: I'm not quite understanding here;

Simple. Not being properly tested and people not using their beyblades correctly. I could post a video up but it wont make a difference. The facts remain the same.
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:41 AM)Dan Wrote: The second option.

Mold 2. Mold 1 was too light and it got KOed too consistenly and when it didn't get KOed, it still lost.

that makes zero sense. Mold 1 Earth is superior for stamina not mold 2.

got to agree though. When the WBBA seems to get a top tier, everything else is virtualy neglected unless its a new part. it is always good to go back and re-examine the evidence. But always remember rule #1, if your results cannot be replicated, then the theory must be changed. Basicly that governs all sciences and behblading more specificly.
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:41 AM)Dan Wrote: I think Daegor was the only one who could drudge through doing so many stamina battles, and he found that Burn>Thermal and later was put on the top-tier list. People never bothered with Thermal afterwards because it didn't do as well as Burn. By the way, is this Mold 1 or 2 Earth?

People can launch just fine, its the motivation which is required.
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:50 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: got to agree though. When the WBBA seems to get a top tier, everything else is virtualy neglected unless its a new part. it is always good to go back and re-examine the evidence. But always remember rule #1, if your results cannot be replicated, then the theory must be changed. Basicly that governs all sciences and behblading more specificly.

The WBBA has no top-tiers ... ?
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:50 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:41 AM)Dan Wrote: I think Daegor was the only one who could drudge through doing so many stamina battles, and he found that Burn>Thermal and later was put on the top-tier list. People never bothered with Thermal afterwards because it didn't do as well as Burn. By the way, is this Mold 1 or 2 Earth?

Buts that's saying that nobody has tried even one match.
Just one.
It's not too difficult to notice (even in one match) whether a wheel has more stamina than another (even if it's a couple of seconds.)

By the way, I'm not mad or anything. Not trying to start an argument, but it doesn't make sense that there's all of a sudden a 100% win rate
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:53 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2011  2:50 AM)Dan Wrote:

Buts that's saying that nobody has tried even one match.
Just one.
It's not too difficult to notice (even in one match) whether a wheel has more stamina than another (even if it's a couple of seconds.)

By the way, I'm not mad or anything. Not trying to start an argument, but it doesn't make sense that there's all of a sudden a 100% win rate

It could have very easily been a 100% win rate all the time had people taken time to actually give an effort into testing.
To get 100% you have to give 100%..?
well i just looked at the old testing and it seemed that thermal was tested vs flame, i saw no testing of thermal VS earth/burn in the old thread (please, if you see testing of thermal VS earth in the old threads PM me, i may have missed it)

@LeonTempestXIII: we are the WBO not WBBA...

Bluezee: how do you know that they didn't put effort into it?