Mathematics

ohh goodie
i love math
i only started year 7 and me myself WANTED TO LEARN CALCULUS but no one taught
i do know trigonometry (well to at least to find the length of the side) and Pythagorus theorem
one question
i still dont know
what is the 4th dimension in mathematics as in 1: length, 2: Width and 3:height
( or does this 4D need a separate forum)
EDIT: i dont understand what is a CELL (math)
like im reading a CUBE has 1 cell but what is a cell (PLz explain in a way a year 7 could understand)
Hi has anyone heard of UNREAL numbers (√-1) like the remarkable formula e^ i [(√-1)xπ]
(May. 20, 2011  3:11 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(May. 20, 2011  3:04 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 20, 2011  2:53 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Infinite amounts of marbles.

Also, no, it doesn't need to be the same amount. But, half the hat has to be green. The amounts of red and blue don't matter, as long as half is green. And in order for it to be half, it would be 'green = red + blue' so that's what I made my equations on.

OK, but right now you have :
Hat 1 : green + x = red + blue + y
Hat 2 : green2 + x = red2 + blue2 + y
Etc.

It will not be the same x in each case, so unless I am really missing way too much from my good, high school years of mathematics, you cannot blend them and use "x" as if it were always the same. The problem is that x1, x2 and x3 would not really be linked, nor would three y.

It seems easy to solve without variables, so perhaps you could work backwards, hah.

Well, x would have to be the same number because you have to add the same exact number of each marble into each bag, so if you add 1 green to Hat A, you would have to add it to all the hats. The same with the y. I tried working backwards, but gave up because it was taking waaay too long and then I tried this plan... which ultimately failed.

i dont know..i tried...
let x=green marbles
let y=blue and red marbles

hat a=6x + 5y
hat b=11x
hat c=6x + 5y
haha..i dont know i'm doing it right or not...
(May. 20, 2011  10:22 AM)benjohadi Wrote:

Also, no, it doesn't need to be the same amount. But, half the hat has to be green. The amounts of red and blue don't matter, as long as half is green. And in order for it to be half, it would be 'green = red + blue' so that's what I made my equations on.

Etc.

It will not be the same x in each case, so unless I am really missing way too much from my good, high school years of mathematics, you cannot blend them and use "x" as if it were always the same. The problem is that x1, x2 and x3 would not really be linked, nor would three y.

It seems easy to solve without variables, so perhaps you could work backwards, hah.

Well, x would have to be the same number because you have to add the same exact number of each marble into each bag, so if you add 1 green to Hat A, you would have to add it to all the hats. The same with the y. I tried working backwards, but gave up because it was taking waaay too long and then I tried this plan... which ultimately failed.

i dont know..i tried...
let x=green marbles

hat a=6x + 5y
hat b=11x
hat c=6x + 5y

Well for starters, it has to be an equation, not an expression, which is what you wrote.
(May. 20, 2011  6:18 AM)darkblader12 Wrote: ohh goodie
i love math
i do know trigonometry (well to at least to find the length of the side) and Pythagorus theorem
one question
i still dont know
like im reading a CUBE has 1 cell but what is a cell (PLz explain in a way a year 7 could understand)

Length of the side how? Pythagoream theorem or using the sine, cosine, and tangent of an angle to find it?
(May. 20, 2011  12:00 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(May. 20, 2011  10:22 AM)benjohadi Wrote:

Etc.

i dont know..i tried...
let x=green marbles

hat a=6x + 5y
hat b=11x
hat c=6x + 5y

Well for starters, it has to be an equation, not an expression, which is what you wrote.
i love math
one question
i still dont know

Length of the side how? Pythagoream theorem or using the sine, cosine, and tangent of an angle to find it?

I think he meant the basic trigonometry...just finding the length of a side using sine,cos,tan,cosec,sec,cot...
(May. 20, 2011  12:00 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Length of the side how? Pythagoream theorem or using the sine, cosine, and tangent of an angle to find it?
i mean like this
you seem to know a lot about math, can u see if u can answer my questions above
edit: I LOOKED at the answer on the website, i got it wrong the answer is suppost to be 3.5, where did i go wrong???
(May. 20, 2011  12:15 PM)darkblader12 Wrote:
(May. 20, 2011  12:00 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Length of the side how? Pythagoream theorem or using the sine, cosine, and tangent of an angle to find it?
i mean like this
you seem to know a lot about math, can u see if u can answer my questions above

I don't have my calculator on me right now, so I'm just going to assume to calculated the Tangent(68) correctly. Also, if you're using a graphing calculator (which you're probably not), you have to make sure the Calculator is in Degree mode and not in Radian mode, or you will get a different number.

EDIT:
Hmm, I got a different answer than yours.
Tan(68) * 1.5, since it's a proportion and you multiply the Tangent by the denominator of the second part, so that would be 1.5. Then you would get: 3.71, rounded to the hundreths place.
(May. 20, 2011  12:21 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I don't have my calculator on me right now, so I'm just going to assume to calculated the Tangent(68) correctly. Also, if you're using a graphing calculator (which you're probably not), you have to make sure the Calculator is in Degree mode and not in Radian mode, or you will get a different number.

EDIT:
Hmm, I got a different answer than yours.
Tan(68) * 1.5, since it's a proportion and you multiply the Tangent by the denominator of the second part, so that would be 1.5. Then you would get: 3.71, rounded to the hundreths place.

okay im so confused now, on the website it said the anwser was 3.5, im so confused
i dont know how u worked it out
on my scientific calc i type"1.5TAN68*" and the answer is 2.728489871
???
anyway do u know how to answer my questions in my first post i made on this thread??
(May. 20, 2011  3:11 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Well, x would have to be the same number because you have to add the same exact number of each marble into each bag, so if you add 1 green to Hat A, you would have to add it to all the hats. The same with the y. I tried working backwards, but gave up because it was taking waaay too long and then I tried this plan... which ultimately failed.

Yo, this was your answer, be coherent :

NoodooSoup Wrote:Also, no, it doesn't need to be the same amount. But, half the hat has to be green. The amounts of red and blue don't matter, as long as half is green. And in order for it to be half, it would be 'green = red + blue' so that's what I made my equations on.
(May. 20, 2011  12:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 20, 2011  3:11 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Well, x would have to be the same number because you have to add the same exact number of each marble into each bag, so if you add 1 green to Hat A, you would have to add it to all the hats. The same with the y. I tried working backwards, but gave up because it was taking waaay too long and then I tried this plan... which ultimately failed.

Yo, this was your answer, be coherent :

NoodooSoup Wrote:Also, no, it doesn't need to be the same amount. But, half the hat has to be green. The amounts of red and blue don't matter, as long as half is green. And in order for it to be half, it would be 'green = red + blue' so that's what I made my equations on.

Oh, by the same amount, I meant:
If Hat 1 had 5 green 5 blue, not every hat had to be that. Like, Hat 2, could have 6 green 6 blue (just an example).
i love math
one question
i still dont know

The 4th dimension is time, I did a paper on it for the Al Kalfus Long Island Math Fair 2 years ago. It goes as such:
0D: Nothingness, just an indefinitely small point existing in nothing
1D: Length: One direction only, a line
2D: Width, shapes begin to take form
3D: Height, 3D Figures begin to take form, such as animals and inanimate objects
4D: Time, the dimension we all live in, 4D rotation and hypercubes, etc. take form
and there are more, but I need to find my paper. The 10th dimension is Quanta, if i remember correctly, the 7th is Space, and the 5th is Change.
(May. 20, 2011  8:32 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: The 4th dimension is time, I did a paper on it for the Al Kalfus Long Island Math Fair 2 years ago. It goes as such:
0D: Nothingness, just an indefinitely small point existing in nothing
1D: Length: One direction only, a line
2D: Width, shapes begin to take form
3D: Height, 3D Figures begin to take form, such as animals and inanimate objects
4D: Time, the dimension we all live in, 4D rotation and hypercubes, etc. take form
and there are more, but I need to find my paper. The 10th dimension is Quanta, if i remember correctly, the 7th is Space, and the 5th is Change.

but dont we live in the 3rd dimension
i dont understand how time appears in a cube though, unless time means the inside out looking stuff ( when i see the rotation)
but i dont get how the 4th line makes time ( from the vertices) following this diagram
really confusing, but the line, to me makes no sense with time with it
like how does an extra line make time ????
EDIT: doesnt time exist in every dimension??
edit 2: in some way i can kinda understand why time, if u could correct me on it, in my diagram, the yellow line ( the 4d line) in some way is saying "this cube in time will be this cube" some way like the line is saying the "time" differences or sumthing, thats why its inside out rotation thingy appears or sumthing???
Have you ever seen the rotation of a hypercube? Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:8-cell-simple.gif That includes a rotation through time too, because it is expanding and shrinking in size as it passes through the center, which indicates a movement in time because of the change that takes place over a certain amount of time. No we don't live in the 3rd dimension, or we wouldn't even have the concept of time. We would just indefinitely exist the exact same way. And it's not necessarily an extra line, more like an extra dimension of depth to a figure. As for what Quanta/Quantum particles are, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum

In the 10th dimension, change occurs on the smallest levels, where practically anything can happen, but nothing can exist in it because there is too much antimatter in the dimension. Enormous changes to the dimension happen randomly. For example, if you could theoretically live in the 10th dimension, you could make yourself grow wings, or even alter how many dimensions of depth you have (from 3 to x dimensions).

Oh and by the way, a hypercube is 2 cubes connected at their every vertex, but from the inside, like this: [Image: hypercube-gif-animation.gif]
This is also a hypercube rotating through time too, if you want to know. We do live in the 4th dimension alongside 4th dimension creatures too, but our eyes can only comprehend up to 3 dimensions. So if we somehow saw a 4th dimension creature, we would only be able to see parts of it because our eyes can only perceive 3 dimensions of the creature. Building upon this, for your information, every hypercube and its rotation that I've showed you so far is only the shadow of the actual thing, since no one can draw or even know what it looks like. It's shadow is 3-dimensional however, just like how our shadow has 2 dimensions. Because of that, we can draw the shadow, which is always a 3D drawing, because that's the only way it is. You cannot draw the cube inside the cube correctly without 3 different dimensions to work with. To explain these concepts better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnURElCzGc0

RIP Carl Sagan, you left a great legacy behind to us.
okay, that was hard to understand
so the 4th line is like the line of growth ish stuff
lol im not gonna talk about this line stuff
wow so we dont live in the 3rd dimension
every says we do WOW
ive seen that video before, still couldn't understand it though
i really am amazed on we are in the 4th dimension ( this changes my whole theory in my mind LOL)
ONE QUESTION, what is the direction (1st, back and fourth,2nd,right left,3rd,up down, 4th,Shrink, Grow????/)
but how does this "4d" go with like some vid i saw talking about u could see yourself in the future and past and stuff
but if we are 4th dimensional, how nothing does this "inside out stuff"
in the 3rd dimension, everything has depth, in a "flat land" everything has width of some sort
kinda weird
anyway thank your for answering my questions so far
I can't explain the direction. Just like the little square in the video (Aw, how cute :3), I can't say. I don't know what direction Time is.

We are 3-dimensional creatures whose eyes can only see 3 dimensions in a 4D world. So that's why nothing seems to do your 'inside out stuff'. We ourselves, along with animals and many other things are only 3D, and our eyes can only see and perceive 3 dimensions, which is why nothing acts like a 4D object.

And you are welcome.
math = THE ONLY REASON SCHOOL IS ACTUALLY HARD.