Make your suggestions!

Ah, totally misread that. :\
But I still don't support the idea. Tongue_out
My Suggestion to conquer the amount of unprocessed tournaments and building number of tournaments.

I think instead of Committee Members being the only ones to process Beypoints, it should be the Host and/or the Judges. As in the Judges and Host of the tournament process their own tournament. If you are judging or hosting a tournament it shows you are a trusted member. Look at Melbournes judges. Omega - Has a Metal Face for hosting more than 5 tournaments; says it all very trusted member. blah - A moderator, very trusted as well Me - ...Im not sure if I'm seen as trusted or not but whatever. Would you not say those 3 aren't fit to process tournaments. Heck, look all over the world. Nearly every judge and host for each tournament is a great, trusted member.
Also about faces and rewards and stuff. The judges/host can PM a committee member on all that. It would help with the big and building BeyPoints queue.
Oh damn. Mod's feel free to delete that post if you'd like.
The Beypoint System is technically in the Administrator Control Panel, so you would necessarily need to be an administrator to access it.
Is it possible to alter the coding/interface for the Beypoint System into a separate system (not in the administrator panel)? That way, you can assign a special security level for a certain designated gorup? You can always create a new group called 'Beypoints Processors' or something, with clearance level lower than a moderator of course. It could be beneficial in the long run, as WBO Organized Play becomes increasingly more popular.

Less burden for the comittees, and all participants are happy.
(Oct. 03, 2011  12:34 PM)Uwik Wrote: Is it possible to alter the coding/interface for the Beypoint System into a separate system (not in the administrator panel)? That way, you can assign a special security level for a certain designated gorup? You can always create a new group called 'Beypoints Processors' or something, with clearance level lower than a moderator of course. It could be beneficial in the long run, as WBO Organized Play becomes increasingly more popular.

Less burden for the comittees, and all participants are happy.

I really love that idea , it would mean everything gets processed quickly , which makes it fair to the countries that don't have committee member's in there region as they seem to get processed quicker.
No, I believe it is not possible.

Furthermore, with how many problems we have had to figure out in the past and even now, it is good that we filter results sometimes. Can you imagine if hosts could process their tournaments' results, that ShortyVybe processed his three events, and that I had no time to check ? He would still be doing a ridiculous Single Elimination, and we would not have known that he was not someone to trust as a tournament organiser. This is just one example too.
That's too bad.

Anyway, I meant the designated group is only a select trustable few (not any 'ol hosts / judges), chosen by the committees of course.

Similar to 'Passport Holders', 'Advanced Members', 'Moderators', 'Banned' etc etc.
Committee Members are administrators, and we will not allow anybody who is not an administrator to have access to the Administrator Control Panel. If you have access to the Administrator Control Panel, you can necessarily do anything.
Yes, we understand that much, hence my earlier suggestion altering/putting the Beypoint Sytem outside of the Administrator Control Panel, which you had answered as not possible.

I was answering your latest message with further details, because you gave more precisions.
(Sep. 29, 2011  9:38 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: HMS/Plastics are different sports apart from MFB in the same way that stock car racing is a different sport apart from Indy car racing. Yes they are all superficially the same class of things (beyblades or cars) and they all generally do the same thing (spin around in a stadium or race around a track), but they do them in different competitions and should not use the same system for points.

Yes, Mario Andretti did win a NASCAR race, but it didn't count towards his Indy cup points, and winning Formula One races should never (and don't) count toward him having a chance to hoist the Winston Cup...

In other words, I don't think HMS or Plastics should have points commingled into the current MFB beypoint system. If there is enough demand for points associated with HMS or Plastics, then they should get their own (respective) points system.

Can't agree more. Fundamentally, all three systems are the same, but they all have major differences. And like th!nk mentioned, like he plays Plastics differently, the way I play HMS is much different than the way I play MFB.

There seems to be enough demand for a separate system, so I think that as long as it is implemented correctly (ie. so as to not confuse people regarding what each ranking system represents), it would be good.

I know you guys do 600% above and beyond what's needed, so this is a just for fun idea, for thought really:

On the other forum I like, Zelda Dungeon, there's some things that I think would be kind of cool to have here.

First of all, scroll down and look at how they have their version of a "Your Creation Forum". I know that you (Whoever it may concern) know all the problems with the Your Creations forum, but I just want to show that another Forum has it set up into two forums: Fan Works and Avatars and Signatures. Within the Fan Works section, there's Sub-Forums of Artwork, Writings, and Fan Works Sign-Up. When I look in each, those categories seem to fit exactly to us.

Secondly, they have what they call a Marketplace. They don't have much to purchase, but this is how it works: each person gets a set amount of points when they sign up. They can spend their points on things like making their Username glow, have a funky colour, and also the ability to gamble their points.
We have the Bladers Reward Quest and Faces, but Faces are just there (In my opinion at least) and Bladers Rewards don't add excitement while you're reading around the forum. People who don't go to Tournaments like me would really think this is cool. It's a just for fun thing, but I think it's pretty creative, more interactive than Faces, and could be implemented with the general sense of Beyblade in mind.

Yeah so those are just things I like that they have. Just putting it in here. Doesn't matter to me if you don't like it. There's probably a lot more active, contributing members that disagree with me than how many there are that actually agree, haha.
The second point you made rally excited me. I don't really go to tournaments but we should still have a way to earn points, maybe by being a good member (But in a way so it's less judgemental), or you could earn points with faces...or just points instead...
Only bad forums work with such points. Furthermore, we want to remain professional, so having anybody choose "funky colours" is quite a bad idea.
(Oct. 03, 2011  4:40 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 29, 2011  9:38 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: HMS/Plastics are different sports apart from MFB in the same way that stock car racing is a different sport apart from Indy car racing. Yes they are all superficially the same class of things (beyblades or cars) and they all generally do the same thing (spin around in a stadium or race around a track), but they do them in different competitions and should not use the same system for points.

Yes, Mario Andretti did win a NASCAR race, but it didn't count towards his Indy cup points, and winning Formula One races should never (and don't) count toward him having a chance to hoist the Winston Cup...

In other words, I don't think HMS or Plastics should have points commingled into the current MFB beypoint system. If there is enough demand for points associated with HMS or Plastics, then they should get their own (respective) points system.

Can't agree more. Fundamentally, all three systems are the same, but they all have major differences. And like th!nk mentioned, like he plays Plastics differently, the way I play HMS is much different than the way I play MFB.

There seems to be enough demand for a separate system, so I think that as long as it is implemented correctly (ie. so as to not confuse people regarding what each ranking system represents), it would be good.

and i like your idea where there aredifferent beypoint system..where members can choose which beypoint they want to display like HMS, plastics or MFB..
Is it me or is it too easy to get place faces as they are now? I think the 8 player minimum doesn't really merit 3 faces to be given out. I think it would be easier to say tournament minimum is 8, but the face minimum is something like 12.
(Oct. 03, 2011  4:40 PM)Kei Wrote: Can't agree more. Fundamentally, all three systems are the same, but they all have major differences. And like th!nk mentioned, like he plays Plastics differently, the way I play HMS is much different than the way I play MFB.

IIRC, you still used aggressive stamina in HND!. DEMS's RC is kind of like CS in a lot of ways and DEMS's AR is still a very circular, multi-use, top tier AR. I think it was very similar to your game, which is why I was never really worried about your pulling out a grip core during a stalling clause, even though we were playing in TBtS.

Even though the systems may be different, I've drawn a lot from my prior knowledge of the old game and bettered myself in MFB through it. You're also still battling a blader. The game doesn't stop at combo selection. You have to know your opponent, be able to shoot, and counter all the same.
(Oct. 07, 2011  6:35 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Is it me or is it too easy to get place faces as they are now? I think the 8 player minimum doesn't really merit 3 faces to be given out. I think it would be easier to say tournament minimum is 8, but the face minimum is something like 12.

I think eight is still fair. Of course, it all depends on the composition of that eight, but I do not think it would be fair not to give Gold, Silver and Bronze Faces to a tournament that is the first in a certain location and that still struggled to get those eight participants.
Does mybb allow a user's thread to be edited by someone else by their permission? It will be trouble, for example, we hosted a tournament, a lot of people joined, and their not online, they will miss a few registrations.
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:15 PM)Shika blade Wrote: Does mybb allow a user's thread to be edited by someone else by their permission? It will be trouble, for example, we hosted a tournament, a lot of people joined, and their not online, they will miss a few registrations.

No.
(Oct. 07, 2011  6:35 AM)Deikailo Wrote: IIRC, you still used aggressive stamina in HND!. DEMS's RC is kind of like CS in a lot of ways and DEMS's AR is still a very circular, multi-use, top tier AR. I think it was very similar to your game, which is why I was never really worried about your pulling out a grip core during a stalling clause, even though we were playing in TBtS.

I did actually play GFC UM combos in more than a few matches. I should have played one in our last match in TBTS; I think I was just too enamored with my Metal Change Core combo at that point in the day though ahaha.
(Oct. 07, 2011  6:04 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2011  6:35 AM)Deikailo Wrote: IIRC, you still used aggressive stamina in HND!. DEMS's RC is kind of like CS in a lot of ways and DEMS's AR is still a very circular, multi-use, top tier AR. I think it was very similar to your game, which is why I was never really worried about your pulling out a grip core during a stalling clause, even though we were playing in TBtS.

I did actually play GFC UM combos in more than a few matches. I should have played one in our last match in TBTS; I think I was just too enamored with my Metal Change Core combo at that point in the day though ahaha.
I didn't see you use it Unhappy! Did I use it in our last match? I can't remember...

You're a fan of aggressive stamina from what I can tell. I'm a fan of gargantuan attackers. I didn't actually start playing attack in MFB until Variares came out. If you look at the wheel, it looks and functions much like every attacker I played with during remembrance day.
Anyone ever think of having a market rating?
Makes it more official in a way.
Like, feedback.